Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today is my first day of signing on........

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think he will return somewhat chastened by the experience. If that's possible. :lol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
....in order to receive my NI contribution I have to sign on for Contribution based JSA now my extended severance pay has expired (don;t worry lump sum unaffected by poor gee gee's and still entirely intact)

Therefore I shall regale you all with tales of the Job Centre LATER THIS MORNING I should get my skates on have to be there for 9am don't want to be late first day...................Hi ho hi ho to Edward Street I go!!!

Tell you what, don't bother, a lot of us already know. In fact, instead of posting your incessant twaddle on here why not use the machines to tr and find a job ? Somebody of your undoubted brilliance should be more than capable of stacking beans at Sainsburys.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
....in order to receive my NI contribution I have to sign on for Contribution based JSA now my extended severance pay has expired (don;t worry lump sum unaffected by poor gee gee's and still entirely intact)

Therefore I shall regale you all with tales of the Job Centre LATER THIS MORNING I should get my skates on have to be there for 9am don't want to be late first day...................Hi ho hi ho to Edward Street I go!!!

get a life you sad individual

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i do rather think he'll be spending rather a lot more time there than he was bargaining for. with the r/i market in as much of a mess as the rest of the financial sector, junior brokers are ten-a-penny.

and of course, a spell out of the industry will do his CV wonders!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
i do rather think he'll be spending rather a lot more time there than he was bargaining for.

I was thinking much the same. Signing on all seems to be a bit of a jolly old lark for HB&B, but he doesn't seem to have fully twigged that the financial sector is shedding jobs by the, er, shedload and that he should really be starting to send off the job applications right now, before the situation worsens. It's a lucky man in the current climate who can just waltz straight into a new job in the financial sector and pick up where he left off.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
i do rather think he'll be spending rather a lot more time there than he was bargaining for. with the r/i market in as much of a mess as the rest of the financial sector, junior brokers are ten-a-penny.

and of course, a spell out of the industry will do his CV wonders!

Before too much longer he will be forced to take whatever's going, can't see him being quite so smug then.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Before too much longer he will be forced to take whatever's going, can't see him being quite so smug then.

I have known a few people like Inbred in my life. They are too insecure to admit that anything is less than perfect in their lives.

I would bet that, if he was forced into a job like shelf stacking in Tescos, he would still sell it on here as being superb - Working in the warm, getting to meet the plebs, money for nothing, cheap lunches etc etc.

It takes more courage than he has got to admit, even to himself, that his life is going down the pan.

I feel just a little sorry for his family.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have known a few people like Inbred in my life. They are too insecure to admit that anything is less than perfect in their lives.

I would bet that, if he was forced into a job like shelf stacking in Tescos, he would still sell it on here as being superb - Working in the warm, getting to meet the plebs, money for nothing, cheap lunches etc etc.

It takes more courage than he has got to admit, even to himself, that his life is going down the pan.

I feel just a little sorry for his family.

I do too. I've been made redundant a few times in my life but that's not uncommon in my industry. It's fortunate though that I am flexible enough in my ability and attitude to get working again very quickly. I also don't have to worry about anybody but me. Truth be told I doubt that HB&B is facing as happy a New Year as his frivolity would try to convey.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
welcome to the club. its getting very 'popular' these days, i hear..

what i want to know is, who deals with the jobcentre staff, if/when THEY get laid off?!

They're civil servants, it'll never happen. However, in fairness to them they do try to be friendly and sympathetic, it can't be much fun that job.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
HB&B. Trust me on this, the Job Centre is one of the most depressing holes on Earth, whether it be Brighton, Edinburgh, Liverpool or Dover. Having been made redundant three times in my twenties, you might just have to go back to college for a new trade, or start up your own business, and something that is fairly solid.

If I was you I would seriously look at some small premises, and start a car washing (sorry but we live in Brighton, so that should be amended to valeting) service, and aim it solely at the Taxi drivers. Think £10 a pop of inside and outside, aiming two cars an hour. Not a millionaire lifestyle, but solid.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
It's my first day of signing on today too, although not until 1.25pm

I was contacted about a job this week. I'm qualified enough to usually earns around £30k. However I am now being told that due to the influx if finance staff on the market, I can now only reasonably expect £18k!!!

Usually I'd say fair enough, a job is a job. But this particular job was in Portsmouth so by the time I had paid out for travel, I'd actually be worse off than I am now!

Not good times!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
HB&B. Trust me on this, the Job Centre is one of the most depressing holes on Earth, whether it be Brighton, Edinburgh, Liverpool or Dover. Having been made redundant three times in my twenties, you might just have to go back to college for a new trade, or start up your own business, and something that is fairly solid.

If I was you I would seriously look at some small premises, and start a car washing (sorry but we live in Brighton, so that should be amended to valeting) service, and aim it solely at the Taxi drivers. Think £10 a pop of inside and outside, aiming two cars an hour. Not a millionaire lifestyle, but solid.

It is a millionaire lifestyle, thats how Robbie made his, and would not be happy if he started up in competition.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's my first day of signing on today too, although not until 1.25pm

I was contacted about a job this week. I'm qualified enough to usually earns around £30k. However I am now being told that due to the influx if finance staff on the market, I can now only reasonably expect £18k!!!

Usually I'd say fair enough, a job is a job. But this particular job was in Portsmouth so by the time I had paid out for travel, I'd actually be worse off than I am now!

Not good times!

Sadly that is the nature of the beast. As it happens several IT Recruiters have told me that people call up about roles that are available then try to negotiate better terms ! Quite how they haven't sussed out what's going on is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here