Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today is my first day of signing on........

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Re The JSA - if he (Inbred) is entitled to it after contributing to the system for years, and he hasn't lied to the DWP about his 'job seeking activities' then what business is it of any of us?

The 'business of ours' is that he has come on NSC as Mr Loads-of-Money and in doing so has got up the nose of a large number of people.

He doesn't have the intelligence to see that a throw back to the Thatcher era has no place in these difficult times.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gareth

dont answer my bloody question then.

:whistle:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
One of the few good things about being my age is that few employers want to know. As a matter of fact on the rare occasions I have looked at non IT jobs over the last ten years I have always been refused because they feel (quite rightly) that if I was offered an IT job I would take it. Even the Job Centre are pleasantly surprised that I tend to only be out of work for short periods, seldon more than a fortnight. There is a reason of course, I probably apply for at least 100 jobs a week (very easy in IT as it's all done through the web). However, I do at least make the effort.

Currently it takes me less than an hour to get to work whereas my previous work meant nearly six hours a day travelling. However, I am at least satidfied that I do all I can to stay in work.

Bully for me.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
One of the few good things about being my age is that few employers want to know. As a matter of fact on the rare occasions I have looked at non IT jobs over the last ten years I have always been refused because they feel (quite rightly) that if I was offered an IT job I would take it. Even the Job Centre are pleasantly surprised that I tend to only be out of work for short periods, seldon more than a fortnight. There is a reason of course, I probably apply for at least 100 jobs a week (very easy in IT as it's all done through the web). However, I do at least make the effort.

Currently it takes me less than an hour to get to work whereas my previous work meant nearly six hours a day travelling. However, I am at least satidfied that I do all I can to stay in work.

Bully for me.

is exactly the right attitude:clap:

so it means that recruitment agents DO work for you frank!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
is exactly the right attitude:clap:

so it means that recruitment agents DO work for you frank!

Actually earlier this year I posted on a thread DEFENDING them ! However, when all is said and dione there are some real tossers out there. Sometimes you can generalise about an agency but the good and the bad often sit side by side so usually it;s about individuals and not agencies.

One reason why I get regular work is that I tend to be remembered for the right reasons. The fact that I can empathise with them over HR departmets is a factor but I usually have a laugh with them which helps a lot. Their job is pretty tedious so anybody who can spark them up tends to be well looked upon, other might want to note that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Have you asked that question just to make a point ?

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Actually earlier this year I posted on a thread DEFENDING them ! However, when all is said and dione there are some real tossers out there. Sometimes you can generalise about an agency but the good and the bad often sit side by side so usually it;s about individuals and not agencies.

One reason why I get regular work is that I tend to be remembered for the right reasons. The fact that I can empathise with them over HR departmets is a factor but I usually have a laugh with them which helps a lot. Their job is pretty tedious so anybody who can spark them up tends to be well looked upon, other might want to note that.

I would agree with that. I have a handful of agencies who I've built up relationships with over the years, and coupled with the fact I've served them well in placements, I do tend to get priority access to available roles.

It's like anything though - a 2 way mutually respectful relationship will go a long way

You've started your new job today haven't you? How is it going?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would agree with that. I have a handful of agencies who I've built up relationships with over the years, and coupled with the fact I've served them well in placements, I do tend to get priority access to available roles.

It's like anything though - a 2 way mutually respectful relationship will go a long way

You've started your new job today haven't you? How is it going?

It's a bit slow ! To be honest if it doesn't speed up I may not be here next week as I will be superfluous. Actually that's not quite as tragic as it sonds as five agencies have already called me with alternatives starting next week which are both longer and better paid contracts. As it is I'll stick with this one as I might learn some new tricks but I have a feeling I won;t be here past Friday.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Have you two babies agreed to use Christian names gratuitously just to make a point?

No its called being civil. You should try it one day.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
It's a bit slow ! To be honest if it doesn't speed up I may not be here next week as I will be superfluous. Actually that's not quite as tragic as it sonds as five agencies have already called me with alternatives starting next week which are both longer and better paid contracts. As it is I'll stick with this one as I might learn some new tricks but I have a feeling I won;t be here past Friday.

Oh, that's a bummer if it does finish Friday, but it's a week's money you didn't have before eh? And like you seem to be experiencing, quite often actually getting one job can ignite the positive karma which makes loads more choices appear.

It's usually worked for me in the past too. I've been quite happy to take very short term work with the mentality that anything earnt is something towards my living costs.

Good luck, be interesting to see how your week pans out. If you've got 3 alternative offers on Monday, how many will you have by Friday? :)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh, that's a bummer if it does finish Friday, but it's a week's money you didn't have before eh? And like you seem to be experiencing, quite often actually getting one job can ignite the positive karma which makes loads more choices appear.

It's usually worked for me in the past too. I've been quite happy to take very short term work with the mentality that anything earnt is something towards my living costs.

Good luck, be interesting to see how your week pans out. If you've got 3 alternative offers on Monday, how many will you have by Friday? :)

Actually the job count is now up to six. Jobs are a bit like buses I find, they always seem to come in groups. Still, I'm not complaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here