Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today. GGGGGGRRRRRRR !!!!!!!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Sometimes BHAFC fans make me cringe.

The support today was piss poor and so much negativity around me. FFS Leicester City are a good team with the best defence in the league fighting for the win and a play off spot. What did you expect ?, for them to roll over and for us to be 3 up in 30 minutes.

It was a VERY GOOD point today and keeps us in the play offs and 2 points ahead of the pack. What more do you want ?!.
Do you know what Unc....For once I agree with you,had one burst of singing from Northstand....the rest of support was not up to usual standard..the usual muttering of Albeee-on...a little "We're the Northstand....We're the Southstand....I did sing..."We're the 1901 club...but somehow it did'nt quite scan....however...have heard better singing....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Too slow doesn't move the football quick enough - but to be fair to Hammond the whole team didn't move the football fast enough today.

Quite right...very guilty of ball watching again...waiting and expecting that every ball passed in their direction will land perfectly at their feet...instead of attacking the ball and making it their own...the thing in our favour all the top teams are having a wobbly and dropping points...Bolton are coming up the rails fast....did notice that Leicester had no injuries or suspensions...but they have a very tough run in...who knows what is in the pipeline as regards results....but we are not out of it yet..

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
This.

The team is now slow in pace, slow in thinking when it comes to attacking, and a few of the players lack bottle in the tackle.

I agree. We are so slow at times it's painful to watch. There are a couple of players who stop any fluidity of movement if they become involved. The worst culprits being Hammond, KLL and Upson. Everything stops and then has to start again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
couldn't hit a barn door till they did,we let grow them in confidence ,they were there for the taking first half??? "how shit must you be we are winning away" summed it up from their fans:facepalm:

They were not there for the taking at any stage, what game were you watching? They were well up for the game from the off and played some good football. Their lack of confidence probably resulted in them missing a few they should have scored having played through our defence with relative ease. You have conveniently forgotten how not long ago this team looked like they could win the league so good was their form. Maybe you think that they were going to be shit for every game left this season.

I imagine the fact that we didn't set up to stop them playing was a bonus for them as I imagine their recent results came from teams who closed them down and defended in depth hoping to hit them on the break?

On the day they were better than us but half the fans on here seem to put that down to us playing poorly when perhaps it was that they were too good for us on the day? Given the players they have it didn't actually surprise me at all :shrug:

They are also a big strong side and made us look a bit lightweight in midfield. They were good in defence too, one of their palyers knocked Greer off balance a few times and Ulloa struggled against their speed and strength. Sometimes you have to hold you hands up and accept that we were outplayed by the better team, regardless of previous results.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know something. The people in the ground who pride themselves on being the singers - ie the north stand - were very quiet.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Yes, Bolton are gaining ground fast, and are a real and present danger.

Have you seen their run in?
If they do manage to keep the wins coming then they will be taking points off other play-off contenders.
Bristol A
Leicester A
M'boro H
Cardiff A
Blackpool H

I would rather have our run in.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
For my money's worth, I kept seeing us not hungry enough to chase & win balls. It seemed certain players were tired. Not everyone, but enough to be beaten to the ball by Leicester on too many occasions.
Its like our pace had died down a few percent.
so....
I am more than chuffed KLL scored & rescued the game for us.
Leicester must be gutted.
That was an important point gained, & a far better outcome than a defeat, which if had happened, may have put paid to the teams positivity toward the play offs

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i was tensed up throughout the whole game and even when i sang, which was fairly regularly, it was a muttering verse. What a thoroughly difficult game to watch, and an excellent result considering the big money beasts we were up against.

as always mr .ball you have managed to twatt the annoying goat square in the face with some rather appropriate but understated cadence of positivity but at the same time ....pre-pubescent doubt.....we are not home yet brother.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
On the day they were better than us but half the fans on here seem to put that down to us playing poorly when perhaps it was that they were too good for us on the day? Given the players they have it didn't actually surprise me at all :shrug:

They are also a big strong side and made us look a bit lightweight in midfield. They were good in defence too, one of their palyers knocked Greer off balance a few times and Ulloa struggled against their speed and strength. Sometimes you have to hold you hands up and accept that we were outplayed by the better team, regardless of previous results.[/QUOTE]

basically this..........8-9 mill vs 20 mill plus.... i thought we would beat them but could see after the first ten minutes they were well up for it and we weren't....they will feel robbed , we should feel lucky and get our heads around the next two games........we CAN beat anyone on our day but no-one is going to GIVE it to us.........watching len battle away against 5 defenders for the majority of the first half was ridiculous.

think we lack brains tbh.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
the massive club thats won 1/15........... an excellent result you say.??

The club that could have gone above us into 6th place had they beat us?

No matter how much negative spin you put on it, it was a decent result. Especially as we are now learning that there has been a virus within the club for a week or so.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The club that could have gone above us into 6th place had they beat us?

No matter how much negative spin you put on it, it was a decent result. Especially as we are now learning that there has been a virus within the club for a week or so.

I agree. In the end, it was a decent result.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
North Stand were decent.

From my seat near the halfway line in the East Stand I have to agree with you. Also a fair bit of noise coming from the South and even the East Stand tried.

I honestly don't know where all this 'no atmosphere' nonsense comes from. It was an important game for both sides (Leicester fans only made any real noise after they scored and went silent again after we equalized). End of season games aren't like cup ties/playoff games-there is too much at stake which quietens crowds down, all crowds, not just ours.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Yes, the atmosphere was crap, but is it any surprise given the almost total lack of interest seemingly shown by Poyet? He was sat legs crossed, arms folded for most of the game, only saw him on his feet two or three times. After Leicester scored why wasn't he on his feet geeing up our players? Is it any wonder the players themselves looked jaded and dis-interested if that's the kind of message they're getting from the sidelines??!! In the second half particularly, Leicester looked like the only team wanting to go and actually win the game.

Both home games this week have seen lacklustre performances and today felt like a typical last game of the season with nothing to play for, rather than the vital six-pointer that it actually was.

Can we read anything into Poyet's lack of after match interviews combined with his body language - is his attitude now that he'll be in the premier league next season either with or without us?
what do you expect him to do - get on the pitch and join in!! first year at amex, most fans were moaning at him for getting too involved and over-excited. he does his work , before the game, at half time and after the game. he can't do diddly dip whilst the game is in progress

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
6th v 7th was always going to be a bit tight tho eh?

To be honest, neither side looked worthy of making the next step up, tho you'd obviously die trying.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
All the draws this season..........how many would we have lost last season? This time last year we were out of it. Literally. This year we are still in with a shout. Thats progress. I'm happy with progress. But then again, I went to the Goldstone, to Priestfield, to Withdean.........

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All the draws this season..........how many would we have lost last season? This time last year we were out of it. Literally. This year we are still in with a shout. Thats progress. I'm happy with progress. But then again, I went to the Goldstone, to Priestfield, to Withdean.........

Sorry to be pedantic but this time last year we were 6th with 63 points (1 more than now) so identical positions. Cardiff were 2 points behind and overhauled us to get into the playoffs. We ended up 10th.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I was as disappointed as anyone by the performance - we seemed slow and below par for much of the game - however, I think there is an unbelievable sense of entitlement in some fans around me - "We should be winning these games" (Why? Why SHOULD we? That's not what football ever was... )
"Gus / The Team are a disgrace" (No, they are not a disgrace.... they are currently in a good fighting position for the top six positions from which there is a chance of promotion to the premiership - a disgrace? That's perhaps Bristol City, who are bottom...)

Frankly, anyone who thinks we will sail through a season winning game after game, is living on cloud cuckoo land. That's never been what supporting a club is about. Each game is an infinite mix of all sorts of small moments, emotions, luck, skill and that's fine by me. Just because I have a season ticket, it does NOT entitle me to see a winning team. It entitles me to see MY team battle on through wins, draws and defeats, with an unknown outcome at the end.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
This time last year we were dead on our feet. Treading water.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
palace was our game,tbh does anyone really think we are good enough to go up,i mean really? dreamers im afraid

Yes but I don't think we are anywhere near good enough to stay up without massive changes. My hope this season was always to make the play offs, never really thought we'd win it though..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here