Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today. GGGGGGRRRRRRR !!!!!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was as disappointed as anyone by the performance - we seemed slow and below par for much of the game - however, I think there is an unbelievable sense of entitlement in some fans around me - "We should be winning these games" (Why? Why SHOULD we? That's not what football ever was... )
"Gus / The Team are a disgrace" (No, they are not a disgrace.... they are currently in a good fighting position for the top six positions from which there is a chance of promotion to the premiership - a disgrace? That's perhaps Bristol City, who are bottom...)

Frankly, anyone who thinks we will sail through a season winning game after game, is living on cloud cuckoo land. That's never been what supporting a club is about. Each game is an infinite mix of all sorts of small moments, emotions, luck, skill and that's fine by me. Just because I have a season ticket, it does NOT entitle me to see a winning team. It entitles me to see MY team battle on through wins, draws and defeats, with an unknown outcome at the end.

Good post. Exactly as I see it.

C

CT1

Sometimes BHAFC fans make me cringe.

The support today was piss poor and so much negativity around me. FFS Leicester City are a good team with the best defence in the league fighting for the win and a play off spot. What did you expect ?, for them to roll over and for us to be 3 up in 30 minutes.

It was a VERY GOOD point today and keeps us in the play offs and 2 points ahead of the pack. What more do you want ?!.

Good post, although I can understand fans that get angry. Not because they don't appreciate the achievements of the team already, but because they know we can achieve more and they want it so badly. It doesn't make moaning at the team forgiveable, but you can certainly forgive the mild frustration if some.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So would ANY team promoted to the Prem. So what's your point?

Was agreeing with the poster that getting to the playoff would be an improvement.

He had also said that we wouldn't be good enough to stay up without massive changes. Again, agreeing with him.

Is that explanation OK in your vetting of posts?

As to "ANY team". No, there is another approach of NOT making wholesale squad changes. It's been tried, and Blackpool and now Reading have failed with it.

Is it OK to discuss such matters without your prior written approval?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was as disappointed as anyone by the performance - we seemed slow and below par for much of the game - however, I think there is an unbelievable sense of entitlement in some fans around me - "We should be winning these games" (Why? Why SHOULD we? That's not what football ever was... )
"Gus / The Team are a disgrace" (No, they are not a disgrace.... they are currently in a good fighting position for the top six positions from which there is a chance of promotion to the premiership - a disgrace? That's perhaps Bristol City, who are bottom...)

Frankly, anyone who thinks we will sail through a season winning game after game, is living on cloud cuckoo land. That's never been what supporting a club is about. Each game is an infinite mix of all sorts of small moments, emotions, luck, skill and that's fine by me. Just because I have a season ticket, it does NOT entitle me to see a winning team. It entitles me to see MY team battle on through wins, draws and defeats, with an unknown outcome at the end.

Best post of the year so far imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here