Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today. GGGGGGRRRRRRR !!!!!!!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
not bothered about losing but not winning games that we should hurts

Why should we be winning games like that? As I say, Leicester are in poor form, but they have the luxury of putting a £1.5 million striker on the bench and are still fighting for the playoffs. A point really isn't a bad result.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The simple fact is that Leicester today were the better side and we didn't perform. Look at the bench we have two players who really can make a positive impact on the game.

Injuries and suspensions are doing us in at the moment.

Stay positive we are still in with a great shout of the Play Offs.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Yes, the atmosphere was crap, but is it any surprise given the almost total lack of interest seemingly shown by Poyet? He was sat legs crossed, arms folded for most of the game, only saw him on his feet two or three times. After Leicester scored why wasn't he on his feet geeing up our players? Is it any wonder the players themselves looked jaded and dis-interested if that's the kind of message they're getting from the sidelines??!! In the second half particularly, Leicester looked like the only team wanting to go and actually win the game.

Both home games this week have seen lacklustre performances and today felt like a typical last game of the season with nothing to play for, rather than the vital six-pointer that it actually was.

Can we read anything into Poyet's lack of after match interviews combined with his body language - is his attitude now that he'll be in the premier league next season either with or without us?

How strange that you should have seen what i saw in the manager. Leadership comes from the top and from the usually emotive Gus we saw little today. He was saved by a speculative Lua Lua shot, which should have been saved by Schmeichel. Two back to back home games to launch our bid to the playoffs and we take, just, two points from the games. Negativity, well thats comes from the strategy our manager continues to follow. 30 minutes before we had an attempt on goal, one striker up front, perhaps leo will know how CMS felt before he arrived.

Yes there will be negativity, but don't confuse it with observations, we have been playing poorly as a team and the game plan, if there is one, has been poor. I am amazed why Gus rates himself so highly as he is yet to achieve something serious, but his touting himself around instead of concentrating on getting us to the Prem is disconcerting, he has gone down in my estimation.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The fact is that we are no longer "poor little Brighton" playing at an athletics track.

Very true, we're now an established Championship side who, despite having something of an off day, drew with a fellow play-off chasing team.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Good post. Leicester were clearly going to be up for this game, if they won they were in pole position for the playoffs and could make up for their poor form recently. They've spent much more money than us and have a better team on paper yet some of our fans seem to expect we should win week in week out.

Leicester 0 - 1 Millwall, how much have Millwall spent? We were surprised that Leicester were up for it and we weren't, this game was as important for us as for them. Sometimes we have to accept the fact that we played poorly and today ad tuesday were two of those occassions, its not negative, its an opinion and its not whinging.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Leicester 0 - 1 Millwall, how much have Millwall spent? We were surprised that Leicester were up for it and we weren't, this game was as important for us as for them. Sometimes we have to accept the fact that we played poorly and today ad tuesday were two of those occassions, its not negative, its an opinion and its not whinging.

We played poorly, yes. But the point I'm making is that some of our 'fans' seem to expect that we'll win every game. It isn't going to happen. Just look at the league table to gauge how competitive it is if you didn't know already.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sometimes BHAFC fans make me cringe.

The support today was piss poor and so much negativity around me. FFS Leicester City are a good team with the best defence in the league fighting for the win and a play off spot. What did you expect ?, for them to roll over and for us to be 3 up in 30 minutes.

It was a VERY GOOD point today and keeps us in the play offs and 2 points ahead of the pack. What more do you want ?!.

See, this NEVER happens where I sit. There was a decent bit of singing at times and a lot of nerves and frustration but not a lot of moaning. Maybe I was just really lucky with where I bought my seat. Then again, maybe I spend the game watching it instead of worrying what our fans are up to.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Atmosphere was OK but in part it was driven by us being very poor today in my opinion. A lot of the players gave half-hearted performances and I think that seeped into the crowd. Still a point is a point and I'm happy with that.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
We played poorly, yes. But the point I'm making is that some of our 'fans' seem to expect that we'll win every game. It isn't going to happen. Just look at the league table to gauge how competitive it is if you didn't know already.

Like most I watch and hold an opinion, I understand that it is a tough division, follow all results and try to understand why we play as we do. Our long term trajectory is downward at the moment as we attempt to make the playoffs, its not a given and if we continue the with our current form we will not make them. Win 3 from 5 Gus says will get us to the playoffs and whilst I note the fixtures facing Leicester, I also note the fixtures facing Bolton. We have won one in seven and Gus thinks we are going to win 3 from 5? Not sure, his continued negative strategy is becoming predictable to me and oppositions teams. I want us to get there, but I feel it will be touch and go!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
See, this NEVER happens where I sit. There was a decent bit of singing at times and a lot of nerves and frustration but not a lot of moaning. Maybe I was just really lucky with where I bought my seat. Then again, maybe I spend the game watching it instead of worrying what our fans are up to.

It is hard when there are so many negative c*nts all around you.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
From my seat I heard so much moaning, I struggled to understand why certain people bother going. When Vicente came on it was "earn your money you lazy *******" and after a pacy attack resulting in a desperate clearing into the East stand it was a desperate "where's the urgency?". It is as if some people have no control over what meaningless gibberish comes out of their mouths.
So you saw urgency in the team today? I was very surprized a such a sluggish and lacklustre display - I for one was shouting at the team to up their game. In a very important game I was surprized at some of the inept play today which as not been seen all season.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Good post. Leicester were clearly going to be up for this game, if they won they were in pole position for the playoffs and could make up for their poor form recently. They've spent much more money than us and have a better team on paper yet some of our fans seem to expect we should win week in week out.

so why weren't we?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What made me cringe was listening to Radio Sussex at about ten to six when they were interviewing fans this bloke was saying we were finishing the season poorly and disappointingly and we were rubbish and then said "but I'm a Spurs fan so I'm use to it" - well bugger off back to WHL then you dick"

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If your happy with the last 2 performances then good luck to you!
Personally I felt the team could have dug a bit deeper today.
And to hear after a bad performance "oh well we got a point, lets look to the next game" it becomes a bit tedious.
As for the spelling, a result of a few beers... Something you can only look forward to. Now off and do your homework child

Shocking excuse, worse than "our dog ate my homework".

And talking of homework, if you'd been more fastidious with yours then then you wouldn't be posting such facile comments relating to my age.

Numbskull.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
so why weren't we?

This.

The 'positive thinkers' keep coming up with new excuses.

Bristol City - they were in great form.
Barnsley - fighting for their lives.
Forest - every goalie makes mistakes.
Charlton - have the best right back in the league, apparently, and what a great defence.
Leicester - they were pumped up and have spent a lot of money.

Even Gus and the players don't talk tripe like that. For example, an honest Gus stated it was 2 points lost on Tuesday. Bridcutt said it felt like a defeat.

One win in a bloody long time, is awful form. The team is now slow in pace, slow in thinking when it comes to attacking, and a few of the players lack bottle in the tackle.

Funny thing is, we could still make the playoffs as the remaining fixtures for Palace, Leicester, Forest and Bolton look worse than ours, and with some meetings between them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here