Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would we do a deal to obtain a player we can recall in January?
No he isn't
He isn't

You win the weekly prize* for most inaccurate and pointless post of the week

*There isn't one but there should be. Or should there? This post is useless without a poll. Fact.
Yes we can recall Ben White in January but it would leave a bitter taste so offering to loan them Duffy would be a sweetener, should it ever be needed. It could even lead to a possible sale in the summer should Shane be deemed to be surplus to requirements. I cannot see Duffy starting under GP other than the FA Cup perhaps.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes we can recall Ben White in January but it would leave a bitter taste so offering to loan them Duffy would be a sweetener, should it ever be needed. I cannot see Duffy starting under GP other than the FA Cup perhaps.

Tetley's bitter? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No longer brewed in Yorksire but at Marstons Brewery in Wolverhampton.

Timothy Taylor's then.

But, good point. Getting the origin of beers correct clarifies your original point excellently. Let's swap Duffy for White to sweeten a deal that gets us over the obstacle that White is now unable to come home from Leeds unless Leeds agree.

:ffsparr:

Anyway, no point having petty arguments on this great day - Brexit Day! Let's celebrate our New Freedom!

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
There is no way we should be thinking of breaking up the Dunk/Duffy pairing, they were outstanding last season and once Duffy`s slight injury is treated
then our new manager must leave this pairing unaltered.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I don’t think we would let Duffy go, balagun will probably go. You need strength in depth and he will be needed with injuries and suspensions during the season. Webster may go off the ball so to speak

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Timothy Taylor's then.

But, good point. Getting the origin of beers correct clarifies your original point excellently. Let's swap Duffy for White to sweeten a deal that gets us over the obstacle that White is now unable to come home from Leeds unless Leeds agree.

Anyway, no point having petty arguments on this great day - Brexit Day! Let's celebrate our New Freedom!
So, are you saying we haven't got a recall clause? (Not that I think we should anyway at this stage).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, are you saying we haven't got a recall clause? (Not that I think we should anyway at this stage).

We have a recall clause.

I have no patience with BG, but it's humour him or, frankly, kill him and eat him. And I am a humane and kind elderly gentleman. As my record will attest. Ahem.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is a simple answer if you dont agree with something posted just ignore it or is that below you?

Don't get pissy with me, you silly old goat. I am one of a tiny minority who still read your posts.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don’t think we would let Duffy go, balagun will probably go. You need strength in depth and he will be needed with injuries and suspensions during the season. Webster may go off the ball so to speak

One of Potter's most important jobs will be to keep the squad happy when so many good players will not play as many games as they would like to. Managers usually characterise this as 'a nice problem to have' but it must be a problem nevertheless.

Don't get pissy with me, you silly old goat. I am one of a tiny minority who still read your posts.
How would you know that?

There is no way we should be thinking of breaking up the Dunk/Duffy pairing, they were outstanding last season and once Duffy`s slight injury is treated
then our new manager must leave this pairing unaltered.
Haven't you heard the good news? We are playing out from the back and launching attacks home and away. That partnership was superbly suited to CH's style of play so I have no idea why you think GP should retain it.

No longer brewed in Yorksire but at Marstons Brewery in Wolverhampton.
As are the beers formerly brewed at Mansfield Brewery:( ( taken over by Wolverhampton and Dudley).

Last edited:

Nialler

Aug 30, 2019
From what I know Duffy is working hard to sort out the side of his game everyone is worried about. Remember he was asked to play a certain way and he became excellent at that.
He has it in his locker to excel playing the ball on the ground too given time.I really don't see Webster or Burn as a huge upgrades. Dunk is clearly a great ball playing defender. Fans complain about players having no loyalty...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He’s useless. Only managed to score one today. Get rid.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I love the bloke, done a lot for us but is it time for him to go? Journalists from up north are saying LUFC should really fear the loss of Ben White in January.

Shane isn't playing and he's only going to get more frustrated whilst getting older, decreasing his value. It's no secret that Potter prefers Dunk, Webster and Burn but if we were to recall Ben White in January it surely opens up Shane's path out. It actually makes a lot of sense, we could get £15m-£20m for Shane now. White is probably worth around £25m with his current performances (if we sell to Leeds (if they get promoted)) and if he can replicate that form in the Premier League he'll be worth double that by the summer.

I guess we could also recall White, keep Shane as now 5th choice, pass Balogun on and reassess in summer. Shane won't fancy that one bit though.

Would you sell Duffy for £15m and bring White in? Or keep Shane, have him as back up in case of suspension and injury and keep Ben White away with every chance of losing him in the summer for £25m to Leeds or a team like Liverpool...

Sometimes we have regrets and wish we could remove our posts :D:D:D:D

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I love the bloke, done a lot for us but is it time for him to go? Journalists from up north are saying LUFC should really fear the loss of Ben White in January.

Shane isn't playing and he's only going to get more frustrated whilst getting older, decreasing his value. It's no secret that Potter prefers Dunk, Webster and Burn but if we were to recall Ben White in January it surely opens up Shane's path out. It actually makes a lot of sense, we could get £15m-£20m for Shane now. White is probably worth around £25m with his current performances (if we sell to Leeds (if they get promoted)) and if he can replicate that form in the Premier League he'll be worth double that by the summer.

I guess we could also recall White, keep Shane as now 5th choice, pass Balogun on and reassess in summer. Shane won't fancy that one bit though.

Would you sell Duffy for £15m and bring White in? Or keep Shane, have him as back up in case of suspension and injury and keep Ben White away with every chance of losing him in the summer for £25m to Leeds or a team like Liverpool...

No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here