Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to back Aaron.....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
But you don't see this sort of thing happening to Moloumby or Sanchez or even Ben White do you?

The guy comes across as overly arrogant and with a very badly chosen crew of hangers on. And that's fine if he delivers on the pitch. I like Maupay precisely because he is a shithouse but even he just uses it on opposition players and fans.

Bottom line is I see a good chunk of my salary going on a huge salary for him without the quid pro quo. If I can't say that on a Brighton message board, where can I? :shrug:
Absolutely nailed it.

He takes the piss out of paying supporters with his nightclub dramas and newspaper worthy covid rule busting romps.

Have we heard one word of contrition ? No.

However, Tony has decided to keep faith with him.

Fair enough, his money. I have less faith.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But you don't see this sort of thing happening to Moloumby or Sanchez or even Ben White do you?

The guy comes across as overly arrogant and with a very badly chosen crew of hangers on. And that's fine if he delivers on the pitch. I like Maupay precisely because he is a shithouse but even he just uses it on opposition players and fans.

Bottom line is I see a good chunk of my salary going on a huge salary for him without the quid pro quo. If I can't say that on a Brighton message board, where can I? :shrug:

Connolly feels like a very difficult person to warm to and like. I genuinely feel as though I don't like him, and I can't recall many, if any, Albion players that I could say that about.

That doesn't matter one jot of course. He's not there to be liked, he's there to play football, and that is how he should be judged.

The problem comes when he under-performs, such as missing a sitter at a crucial point in a game or goes down looking for a penalty, again, when he could have stayed on his feet and scored. And, because, he's a difficult person to like, it's more probable that he'll get less leeway from the fanbase than a young player who is perceived to be getting his head down and working hard on his game.

I want him to succeed on the pitch, because a successful Aaron Connolly is going to be a good thing for my football club, but I'm struggling to see that happening right now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Connolly feels like a very difficult person to warm to and like. I genuinely feel as though I don't like him, and I can't recall many, if any, Albion players that I could say that about.

That doesn't matter one jot of course. He's not there to be liked, he's there to play football, and that is how he should be judged.

The problem comes when he under-performs, or when he misses a sitter at a crucial point in a game or goes down looking for a penalty, again, when he could have stayed on his feet and scored. And, because, he's a difficult person to like, it's more probable that he'll get less leeway from the fanbase than a young player who is perceived to be getting his head down and working hard on his game.

I want him to succeed on the pitch, because a successful Aaron Connolly is going to be a good thing for my football club, but I'm struggling to see that happening right now.

Yep, all of that. Probably what I should have said if our easily offended Swede wasn't all over this thread. Again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No if I'm voluntarily paying for something and I dont like what I pay for, I stop paying. The option is there for you as well.

Last year a certain Tony Bloom paid more than £1m a week for you to have a decent football team to watch and what he got from you was your annual "this club is going nowhere!" thread. Hardly quid pro quo either but you dont hear him moan.

Wind your neck in Swanny. Are you seriously suggesting that Albion fans stop going to games because they think Connolly is off the rails and seriously underperforming and they begrudge him being paid so much money without contributing much to the team?

If so being an Albion fan is something you just don’t get. You should have heard the shit some of our players and directors got during the war years. We were down to the bare bones in terms of attending fans back then but you are arguing with some of them on this thread and their opinions on the Albion are way more valuable than yours. They were a part of the reason we still have a club, you have contributed zilch, other than your opinion :shrug:

Let it go

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Football is still just about the working man's game. What people spend watching the Albion and buying the club shop tat means sacrificing other things from the budget in the case of the vast majority of fans.

Not you though. You get to sneer for free.

All the indications of a fair-weather football fan

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
That's lovely 'n' all but it probably belongs on the "people who give a shit about the Republic of Ireland" thread. Wait here while I find it for you................

Actually - most of the post was about Brighton players who happened to play for Ireland last night - and you cannot discuss that without some context of the situation with the Irish team.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Actually - most of the post was about Brighton players who happened to play for Ireland last night - and you cannot discuss that without some context of the situation with the Irish team.

I know but those of us who were interested would have watched and formed their own opinion. They don't need the school teacher lecture.

FWIW I agree on Kenny though and that Hughton would be a far better option for ROI.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"You don't hear Tony Bloom moan" :lol:

Tell that to Chris Hughton & Burker The Lurker, back in the PS days.

Tell that to GPott if the team finish 16th AGAIN.

I still maintain Connolly, Maupay and to a less extend Welbeck need an Alpha Striker to rock up at t'AMEX.
Someone to show them how to preen, score, prance, score and score.

I reckon they'd both score poohloads more if The Big Dog is leading the line taking the pressure off them.

Still I've only got 12 months to wait, before I don't find out, again!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
"You don't hear Tony Bloom moan" :lol:

Tell that to Chris Hughton & Burker The Lurker, back in the PS days.

Tell that to GPott if the team finish 16th AGAIN.

I still maintain Connolly, Maupay and to a less extend Welbeck need an Alpha Striker to rock up at t'AMEX.
Someone to show them how to preen, score, prance, score and score.

I reckon they'd both score poohloads more if The Big Dog is leading the line taking the pressure off them.

Still I've only got 12 months to wait, before I don't find out, again!

Could I suggest a triple signing? Benteke to show Maups how to finish, Zaha to improve Connolly's diving and Eze so that Welbz didn't feel so injury prone?

:moo:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Could I suggest a triple signing? Benteke to show Maups how to finish, Zaha to improve Connolly's diving and Eze so that Welbz didn't feel so injury prone?

:moo:

No.

Not.

Never.

Ever.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Has anyone got any update on the extent of the injury and will he be fit for Brentford. Argus and Naylor aren’t reporting anything so just wondered if someone was in the know!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here