Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a new manager if we don't make the playoffs this season

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Looks like a repeat of last season. We're up there with a shout, then fall away badly ... and this time with a much stronger squad. Not good enough.

Gus appears to not have what it takes to get us to the playoffs, let alone promotion. Sure he got us Ulloa, but has been dire in his ability to attract any other decent strikers. Vicente was on paper a wonderful signing, but what has he really done for us? Bruno started off like a firecracker, but what happened?

And far far too much tinkering with our starting line-ups.

He just may have taken us as far as he can.

I anticipate a deluge of insults, but hard to argue with the facts.

Lets not forget Gus in the long run of things is a very young manager who is cutting his teeth this and last season on what is probably the toughest league of its kind in Europe. With this in mind everyone's expectation will be different in terms of time frames in which we reach the premier league. What im trying to point out is he is by no means the finished article and yes he is slightly tactically naïve sometimes but this will improve in time the only problem with this is how patient will Tony Bloom be with Gus Poyet should we not go up in the next two seasons? I think we already know the answer to this. The good news is we are a much more attractive option to a lot of high profile managers now and I am 100% sure that whoever comes in to replace Gus will be someone known worldwide. These are great times for us and Im loving the championship . I don't think we will go up this year as we simply don't score enough goals which I know is obvious but is the whole reason we arnt top (FFS Murray) & another reason why we may need to cut our losses if things don't go to plan before his contract is up

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Stick with Gus ....no question imho

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Why SHOULD we have made progress since last season? You're confusing should with desirable. All teams and supporters want to progress, but it's not an exact science. Every manager strives to make his team better, from Lewes to Barcelona. But football is not a nice upward curve shown on a graph.

Under Poyet we are progressing. Why on earth people on here want Adkins or McDermott I cannot fathom, both have been found wanting at lesser clubs than Brighton. Hold your nerve, be patient. The Championship is a great league that is exciting, competitive and unpredictable. What sport should be. If we were in the Prem it's not like we'd win the thing is it? The extra revenue would just be spent on ridiculous salaries for mid range players, and anybody that was great would be bought by United, City etc.

Maybe Brighton will one day play in the Prem, but I for one don't want to see us to turn into a laughing stock around managerial sackings like CFC, Southampton, Wolves

Post of the day, absolutely spot on. I'd far rather we aim to employ managers for the long term rather than the ridiculous hire and fire every time a team goes through a bad patch, as they all do. Gus has done a great job, and just maybe another summer in the transfer market will get the players in place for a good crack at promotion. If we don't get promoted but we still put in good entertaining performances is it really the end of the world? This is a great division to be in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here