Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a new manager if we don't make the playoffs this season

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
personally i am still ecstatic we are proving ourselves to be a solid championship team,and still giggling like a little kid every time i go to the Amex.

success will come.

patience is a virtue.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I anticipate a deluge of insults, but hard to argue with the facts.

Indeed. We are now a top ten championship club. We are or will be knocking on the door of the prem very soon in our wonderful stadium with a state of the art academy to come, playing some of the best football this club's fans have ever seen. And our manager is a very important part of that.

Marvelous.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Our playing budget...PIG,Bridge, Upson, Saltor, Orlandi, Lopez, Vicente, Ulloa, Cms, Crofts.....I bet they are all woefully under paid for this division. Christ knows how we got these players, with such a low playing budget. Or maybe they are just all stupid and could be earning loads more elsewhere and it's all down to Gus that they came here for such a poxy wage....Shame we couldn't afford to keep Murray pmsl......

Can I dare to suggest that we got them because they want to play for..........Gus Poyet? It has been said many times that he has huge pulling power and that should not be underestimated. But we will only know how much pulling power he has once he has gone.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think a lot of supporters accept that mid table is about right and we have flirted with playoff positions a few times over the last two seasons.

I personally think that premiershite was never an option with the team we have....Orlandi, bridge, Hammond crofts areall players who have been offloaded from premiership clubs as they are not really up to it. Add to that, foreign imports who need to get used to this division and the English game that other teams are actually better at playing than we are playing the Spanish way.

I know there are people who are impatient for success and the experience of hull and Swansea etc have given people false hope that suddenly we are a premiership club...a decent ground does not make you a premiership club...the team does! Gus's idea is that the only way we can improve is to make the players technically better than when they get here and for most cases, that is right, however players who have slotted in to other teams and against us looked great players, like dobbie for example have not suited Gus's game and off they have gone.

This team are capable of consolidating a position around mid table and I am happy with that...it's certainly a damn side better than bumping along in the third and fourth division which in the 39 years I have been watching albion, the majority of which have been spent in these divisions.

Great post. Expectations are set to high here.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i say keep gus one more season.......we have had bad luck this season, gus is still learning, and the issue is we have not metal.....we are weak.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The temptation to hit out after a couple of truly awful results is indeed overwhelming.

Gus...

Nope can't bring myself to agree with the OP. Who as usual has nothing of value to contribute. Please just crawl back under the Goldstone.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If Gus leaves at the end of the season I can see a senario where we finish in the bottom half next season and everyone on here will be saying he should've stayed.
So I say give him a chance.

Pretty good summary. Be careful what you wish for. Strange how all the whingers say we have a great squad and turn it against Poyet. Who built that squad? We're another summer's progress from bring top quality contenders rather than play off outsiders so might be an idea for the less patient, unrealistic fans to button it or go and watch Chelsea instead.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can I dare to suggest that we got them because they want to play for..........Gus Poyet? It has been said many times that he has huge pulling power and that should not be underestimated. But we will only know how much pulling power he has once he has gone.

Total 100% crap...What would your missus say if you went home and said," I turned down 5 grand a week, to go and play for Poyet, darling".....pulling power pmsl. He mainly signs ex players and players from the Spanish league. Why do you think we can't get any strikers and it's always complicated. Don't tell me,,I already know, we don't pay the money....Absolute poppycock.

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
can i dare to suggest that we got them because they want to play for..........gus poyet? It has been said many times that he has huge pulling power and that should not be underestimated. But we will only know how much pulling power he has once he has gone.

Its been a non stop traffic of players wanting to play for him from his former teams:facepalm:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And if we don't make the play offs next season is it time for a new manager then as well? No thanks. I'm happy with where we are - even if I am as frustrated as many on here and as frustrated as Gus no doubt is.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Total 100% crap...What would your missus say if you went home and said," I turned down 5 grand a week, to go and play for Poyet, darling".....pulling power pmsl. He mainly signs ex players and players from the Spanish league. Why do you think we can't get any strikers and it's always complicated. Don't tell me,,I already know, we don't pay the money....Absolute poppycock.

Why are they here then as it is clearly not for the money? Are they all crap and has beens? Which magnificent players would Fat Sam attract to the club with the same budget?

I really wish you would be this vociferous when we win.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Looks like a repeat of last season. We're up there with a shout, then fall away badly ... and this time with a much stronger squad. Not good enough.

Gus appears to not have what it takes to get us to the playoffs, let alone promotion. Sure he got us Ulloa, but has been dire in his ability to attract any other decent strikers. Vicente was on paper a wonderful signing, but what has he really done for us? Bruno started off like a firecracker, but what happened?

And far far too much tinkering with our starting line-ups.

He just may have taken us as far as he can.

I anticipate a deluge of insults, but hard to argue with the facts.

I agree, I think the some of the players don't like the cold!.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why are they here then as it is clearly not for the money? Are they all crap and has beens? Which magnificent players would Fat Sam attract to the club with the same budget?

I really wish you would be this vociferous when we win.

It is for the money, that's what i'm saying.He has spent a fortune, don't believe the crap he spouts, it's all smoke and mirrors. I can promise you Cms is probably on 50% more here than what Murray is on at Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here