Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets for Palace

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Yep same as last year when you didn't fill the away end either. One thing will be guaranteed - there won't be over 7k empties like at Selhurst in December.:ffsparr:

Yes we did..we sold all our tickets last year and we have this year. Really dont know why you keep saying it when it is clearly wrong. But you are right about the 7000 (well about 5K) empty seats and thats something that we are trying to better in future.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
What were the crowds when we played up there 15k, 17k? Selhurst didn't sell out. We should sell this out after it goes on general sale. 28+ crowd is more or less a sell out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes we did..we sold all our tickets last year and we have this year. Really dont know why you keep saying it when it is clearly wrong. But you are right about the 7000 (well about 5K) empty seats and thats something that we are trying to better in future.

There was an attendance of 20,114 , the capacity is 26,309 , I make that a shortfall of 6,195.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
There was an attendance of 20,114 , the capacity is 26,309 , I make that a shortfall of 6,195.

I have read that these days with buffer zones ect, that the capacity is about 24,000. But in saying that, for a man of my age NOT to sell out against Brighton was a sad reflection, not only on our support but the way the met made it a real pain to buy tickets.

I have read that these days with buffer zones ect, that the capacity is about 24,000. But in saying that, for a man of my age NOT to sell out against Brighton was a sad reflection, not only on our support but the way the met made it a real pain to buy tickets.

Give over, 2000 seats for a buffer zone? I think ours are about 200.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

To be fair, there are people (presumably on both sides) who can't be arsed with this fixture because of all the tools who crawl out of the woodwork just for one game hoping for a bit of aggro.

I can think of a fair few (just from people I know) who have said they won't go to Selhurst again because with all the restrictions, unpleasant environment, and idiots in attendance it's just a crap day out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One of the recent Palace games - last season I think - the originally quoted attendance was c12-13,000.

This then got upgraded when they included all tickets sold, as opposed to people passing into the ground.

The long and short is there were only 10,000 Palace fans inside Selhurst for our visit. That's piss poor.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be fair, there are people (presumably on both sides) who can't be arsed with this fixture because of all the tools who crawl out of the woodwork just for one game hoping for a bit of aggro.

I can think of a fair few (just from people I know) who have said they won't go to Selhurst again because with all the restrictions, unpleasant environment, and idiots in attendance it's just a crap day out.

Indeed. I wouldn't go to Selhurst for a playoff semi-final. Way more enjoyable to watch it in a pub in Brighton.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Hopefully it will be a good day out (apart from yur team on the pitch)... It's going to be a cracking atmosphere and a large opposition turnout always make it better

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One of the recent Palace games - last season I think - the originally quoted attendance was c12-13,000.

This then got upgraded when they included all tickets sold, as opposed to people passing into the ground.

The long and short is there were only 10,000 Palace fans inside Selhurst for our visit. That's piss poor.
Palace had some crap attendances last season where the number of actual attendees through the gates was less than 10k

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

Yea ok Bozza :D

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Give over, 2000 seats for a buffer zone? I think ours are about 200.

It's true.

In this picture, Brighton have the red seats on the left, then there is black netting + the blue seats as a buffer zone. Palace only got the red seats to the right.

selhurst-park-crystal-palace2.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yea ok Bozza :D

@suspolfootball tweeted on 31st January 2012 "Tonight's attendance at selhurst 14,545 with 2720 #bhafc". The official attendance was given out as 17,271 but only 11,825 Palace fans were in the ground.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here