Ticket allocation for the Palace game - the Met's response

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I queried the allocation in an email last night and have just been phoned by a cop there who tells me that the Met didn't put pressure on the Palace board to restrict tickets neither did they give them any particular advice on the allocation. The Palace board are the ones who decided to conform to FL rules and offer the 10% rather than any more (as we did get for the 1-0 last time).

So there you go, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Presumably it's nowhere near selling out anyway?

At the moment it's difficult to tell I'd say but I reckon it will sell out - and by that I mean all tickets made available will go. There will be a bloody big buffer zone between us and Palace.

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
I queried the allocation in an email last night and have just been phoned by a cop there who tells me that the Met didn't put pressure on the Palace board to restrict tickets neither did they give them any particular advice on the allocation. The Palace board are the ones who decided to conform to FL rules and offer the 10% rather than any more (as we did get for the 1-0 last time).

So there you go, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Now send an Email to the club and ask for an answer as to why, see what they say.
How can they afford to turn down an extra 2000 seat food and program sales

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Now send an Email to the club and ask for an answer as to why, see what they say.
How can they afford to turn down an extra 2000 seat food and program sales

There's no point really. They can do what they like and to be honest, I don't blame the Palace board. For a one-off game against your biggest rivals it would be better to keep away numbers down so that there's proportionally more Palace fans and there's probably a reciprocal saving on Police within the ground.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
it will interesting to hear from the Palace fans on the other thread who were CERTAIN that the police had restricted our allocation. Wonder what they think of their own board for lying to them...

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
it will interesting to hear from the Palace fans on the other thread who were CERTAIN that the police had restricted our allocation. Wonder what they think of their own board for lying to them...

I don't think they did lie. I had a sneak at their board's response on the Palace BBS and they seemed to suggest that if demand from Palace fans was there then they would rather give to Palace fans than Brighton fans. I think a fair few Palace fans have seen the Met requesting a smaller Millwall allocation then seen the restricted Brighton allocation and assumed that the two were for the same reasons.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Good work Mr Suit. Just as we thought then i.e. Parrish & his mates being petty & pandering to the whinging Nigels.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Good work Mr Suit. Just as we thought then i.e. Parrish & his mates being petty & pandering to the whinging Nigels.

Indeed. How very petty, offering as many tickets to Palace fans at a home game as they can.

Either we sell the seats or your lot do, I'm sure CPFC2010 would rather the stadium was full of Palace fans!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Indeed. How very petty, offering as many tickets to Palace fans at a home game as they can.

Either we sell the seats or your lot do, I'm sure CPFC2010 would rather the stadium was full of Palace fans!

But you wont sell them all and there will be 5k empty seats. Shame for our fans that will miss out and for your bank account.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
It was literally just a few posters on the BBS crying to the owners about how our allocation shouldn't exceed what they had been given, and they caved in / played to the gallery, and restricted the seats available to us.

Now it's their club, and I firmly believe they can run it as they see fit, but it is all a bit childish and playground, and certainly lacking in any class.

At least the myth that the low allocation was on police instruction has been firmly laid to rest, and it's now clear what has happened.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Dont CPFC have previous for this though? Didnt they initially claim we only gave them 2000 tickets but then (after we kindly stepped in to make it clear to our croydon fruiends) had to admit that the amount they would make available to fans was 2000 but that we had given the full 2500 allocation.

Now I'm all for football boards who act in the best interests of their fans and reflect their wishes but lets all be open and honest about it eh?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As I understand CPFC2010 want to restrict the amount of money they spend on policing so are only offering reduced reduced number of tickets to away fans for 'high risk' games.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
As I understand CPFC2010 want to restrict the amount of money they spend on policing so are only offering reduced reduced number of tickets to away fans for 'high risk' games.

Spin. The ticket prices are high enough for us, and that will more than cover any extra policing costs.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Spin. The ticket prices are high enough for us, and that will more than cover any extra policing costs.

Would it? I have no idea... would an extra 1,000 punters or so pay for the additional policing they might need? This would also, and in conjunction with our priority system, likely mean that only those who attend for the sake of football will be attending.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How really, truly pathetic of them that is. And to turn down a decent chunk of money? With their dodgy financial history? I think that's something that should piss sensible Palace fans off as much as it does us.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It was literally just a few posters on the BBS crying to the owners about how our allocation shouldn't exceed what they had been given, and they caved in / played to the gallery, and restricted the seats available to us.

Now it's their club, and I firmly believe they can run it as they see fit, but it is all a bit childish and playground, and certainly lacking in any class.

At least the myth that the low allocation was on police instruction has been firmly laid to rest, and it's now clear what has happened.

And we only charged them £24.00 - they are charging us £30.00. So we get the same amount of tickets as we gave them, but they charge us more. Seems they want it all ways.

Be interesting (if we get Planning and the extra seats are in) when next season they get a bigger allocation - will they give us more?

Jan 30, 2008
And we only charged them £24.00 - they are charging us £30.00. So we get the same amount of tickets as we gave them, but they charge us more. Seems they want it all ways.

Be interesting (if we get Planning and the extra seats are in) when next season they get a bigger allocation - will they give us more?
seats must be due another wood worm treatment must be at least 25 years ?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

This is more like it. They have also moved the away fans from the Holmesdale end of the AW stand, thus saving £60000 a game/season. But killing the banter!! I have been told that the Met charge a lot of money from the London clubs and a few of them got a bit uperty about it. The Met were making games Cat A then charging a bomb to police them whether the clubs wanted it or not!!

But that might all be bollox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports