Ticket allocation for the Palace game - the Met's response

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
That seems a bit vague, you need to speak to PC Dorans at South Norwood nick, he controls things at Selhurst

Not vague at all. I filled in a Met enquiry form last night and was phoned by this bloke today. From what he told me and considering his rank he is one of the senior officers in charge of policing the game. Sadly, I didn't have the foresight to record the phone call and I'm not going to make a plum of myself by going back to him and asking him to put it all down again in writing but I'll give you his name and you can contact him if you wish.

Jan 30, 2008
Not vague at all. I filled in a Met enquiry form last night and was phoned by this bloke today. From what he told me and considering his rank he is one of the senior officers in charge of policing the game. Sadly, I didn't have the foresight to record the phone call and I'm not going to make a plum of myself by going back to him and asking him to put it all down again in writing but I'll give you his name and you can contact him if you wish.
why are you so bothered about all this ???

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
why are you so bothered about all this ???

To prove a point to our Palace chums on here, that's all. I had heard from a v reliable source who told me PC Balkham had told him that the Met were not putting restrictions on the game. Our Palace chums here have been saying otherwise so I decided to see who was telling the truth.

Jan 12, 2012
To prove a point to our Palace chums on here, that's all. I had heard from a v reliable source who told me PC Balkham had told him that the Met were not putting restrictions on the game. Our Palace chums here have been saying otherwise so I decided to see who was telling the truth.

Our chairmen have been lying to us all along !!
Oh the embarrassment ,say thanks to the " senior, acting" inspector for clearing things up ,once and for all.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Our chairmen have been lying to us all along !!
Oh the embarrassment ,say thanks to the " senior, acting" inspector for clearing things up ,once and for all.

why the need for quotation marks? I've told you what happened, I can PM you the name of the policeman I spoke to for you to check. It took me less than 2 minutes to fill in the form online. I'm not in the habit of making stories up and then publishing them somewhere where they can easily be refuted. Instead of sniping, why don't you check for yourself if you don't believe me?

Jan 12, 2012
why the need for quotation marks? I've told you what happened, I can PM you the name of the policeman I spoke to for you to check. It took me less than 2 minutes to fill in the form online. I'm not in the habit of making stories up and then publishing them somewhere where they can easily be refuted. Instead of sniping, why don't you check for yourself if you don't believe me?

Its ok Joey, i "believe" you

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
At the end of the day. They are forcing brighton fans out of an area they can easily control ( away end,) into an area less easy to control (home end.) Thus increasing the likelyhood of disorder, if i were the met police i would charge palace more just for shear foolishness. Palace fans wont sell out the home end, brighton fans might!

Jan 12, 2012
There won't be major disorder, the police will have it sown up.If there are Brighton fans in home areas giving it the Billy B B's,frankly they deserve all that they get.With 400 0f the mets finest on duty,i think thats a big enough police bill thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports