Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket allocation for the Palace game - the Met's response

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
This is more like it. They have also moved the away fans from the Holmesdale end of the AW stand, thus saving £60000 a game/season. But killing the banter!! I have been told that the Met charge a lot of money from the London clubs and a few of them got a bit uperty about it. The Met were making games Cat A then charging a bomb to police them whether the clubs wanted it or not!!

But that might all be bollox.

Giving the policing budget cuts, it wouldn't surprise me at all that The Met was setting this Cat A in order to bring in a little bit of extra money. But let's be honest, Palace; £30? Really?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I queried the allocation in an email last night and have just been phoned by a cop there who tells me that the Met didn't put pressure on the Palace board to restrict tickets neither did they give them any particular advice on the allocation. The Palace board are the ones who decided to conform to FL rules and offer the 10% rather than any more (as we did get for the 1-0 last time).

So there you go, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

:lolol:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
I queried the allocation in an email last night and have just been phoned by a cop there who tells me that the Met didn't put pressure on the Palace board to restrict tickets neither did they give them any particular advice on the allocation. The Palace board are the ones who decided to conform to FL rules and offer the 10% rather than any more (as we did get for the 1-0 last time).

So there you go, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
Oh really? I just did the same funnily enough. A police officer just rang me back to say that your post is absolute bollocks.

There ya go, straight from the pigs mouth.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Then you better tell him that his boss, Alan Goodall has told me something different.

Oh, erm, yes I did, of course. He said chief inspector major general Goodall has a bet with himself as to how many Brighton fans he can persuade it was "Palace's decision" to limit Brighton's capacity. Apparently he's doing quite well!

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
By the way this was against Leeds on Saturday. Leeds had about 4,000 to the far left of the picture. Palace fans were not sold any tickets in the Arthur Wait (The handful of fans you see are disabled fans/carers). Directly next to the Leeds fans were 2 lines of Old Bill and then they had this mob between the Arthur Wait and Holmesdale (20+?), separating Palace fans in the Holmesdale from.....Empty seats/Disabled fans in the Arthur. Money well spent?

Can you imagine how many would be there if 4,000 of you lot turned up, with Palace fans in the Arthur Wait with you? I don't blame CPF2010 for refusing to pay for hundreds of police when you/Millwall show up at our place and limiting your allocation to 2,500 odd. Police are taking the piss - Because they can.

395339_10150590835281140_722076139_11400302_1202554264_n.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
By the way this was against Leeds on Saturday. Leeds had about 4,000 to the far left of the picture. Palace fans were not sold any tickets in the Arthur Wait (The handful of fans you see are disabled fans/carers). Directly next to the Leeds fans were 2 lines of Old Bill and then they had this mob between the Arthur Wait and Holmesdale (20+?), separating Palace fans in the Holmesdale from.....Empty seats/Disabled fans in the Arthur. Money well spent?

Can you imagine how many would be there if 4,000 of you lot turned up, with Palace fans in the Arthur Wait with you? I don't blame CPF2010 for refusing to pay for hundreds of police when you/Millwall show up at our place and limiting your allocation to 2,500 odd. Police are taking the piss - Because they can.

395339_10150590835281140_722076139_11400302_1202554264_n.jpg
GEEK alert

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Oh, erm, yes I did, of course. He said chief inspector major general Goodall has a bet with himself as to how many Brighton fans he can persuade it was "Palace's decision" to limit Brighton's capacity. Apparently he's doing quite well!

Is now the right time to mention in just how high esteem Alan Goodall is held by Albion fans? He's an Arsenal fan himself but was probably the most effective Police Liaison officer that we had had in Sussex prior to his move to the met. Sgt Balkham was his right hand gnome prior to his elevation to the role.

I sincerely doubt he would be wrong about this or indeed would mislead a member of the public. probably has no time for the games being played by CPFC2010.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here