Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This New 'Special' Player

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Reid on Radio Sussex this morning saying he wanted to hang on to NOONE, doesnt seem so much like a done deal accordinging to him. If a pre-agreement deal signed what is the good of him playing it so cool.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The special one is a striker who everyone with half a football brain will know. So that counts half of NSC out!! OHHH. As I said in an earlier thread, I think he's too special for us, but the fact we are looking is heartening. It's been said (maybe by Gus or that plank Naylor) he's not foreign. But personally I he is well out of our league at the moment and if he comes he will definately be a loan signing.

so you're saying you know who it is but won't tell?!?!

DAVE - STILL WAITING PAL

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My money is on a premiership/ex premiership striker who for whatever reason Gus knows personally. A bit like the Micky Adams/Robbie Savage scenario.

So who could that be?

Zola out of retirement :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mr Burns seems to think he knows and Dave the Gaffer is deliberately not posting what he actually DOES know FFS

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Zamora and Barnard were playing for Spurs at the same time as Poyet....

and so was Robbie Keane. :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
From what I've heard it's almost certainly Ginger Kittens, a camp bloke who used to play up front for Croydon Athletic in the late 70s and scored 54 goals in his first season

sssshhhh though!

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Mystery solved! It's Nathan Ellington, very reliable source at watford.

Due back from Greece in January and they do not want him, we have had a loan offer till the end of the season accepted, we are just waiting on 'The Duke' who although willing to come is holding out for something better.

If we can pull this off forget the play offs people and get that Champers on ice

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
yeh something strange about the first link here: kevin phillips brighton - Google Search

i remember gus saying something like we were very close to the special signing but he never came, hence maybe why kevin phillips is linked to the brighton website and they removed it soon after
of course this could all be bollocks:moo:

Yes it is bollocks, due to some nuances regarding the premium tv websites. There are a number of players you can google that appear in the results "connected" to the Albion.

FFF

Apr 3, 2010
Mystery solved! It's Nathan Ellington, very reliable source at watford.

Due back from Greece in January and they do not want him, we have had a loan offer till the end of the season accepted, we are just waiting on 'The Duke' who although willing to come is holding out for something better.

If we can pull this off forget the play offs people and get that Champers on ice

The Duke would be an incredible signing, but I'm certain he could do better.

He's been bought for £150k, £1.2 million, £3 million (and £1) and £3.25 million.

His last few years in English football have not been the best of his career, but he appears to have done alright in Greece.

He's scored some fantastic goals against us and he would by all means be an unbelievable signing for any League One team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here