Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This New 'Special' Player

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If hes that special he must be good to be called a special player . And i dont think there is this very special player were after .

Well I'd have said he might be SPECIAL if Gus said he's a special player.

Btw, why do you think the manager's telling porkies?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
As i mentioned on the last thread, after reading Gus' quote in The Argus I really am starting to believe the 'special' player is Lua Lua permanently (initial short loan so he recovers with us & guaranteed permanent signing in January). I don't think anyone could argue that this would be a 'special' signing (probably a lot of money involved too), and it would explain us signing another player on top - because they would cover for Lua Lua while he gets fit.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
As i mentioned on the last thread, after reading Gus' quote in The Argus I really am starting to believe the 'special' player is Lua Lua permanently (initial short loan so he recovers with us & guaranteed permanent signing in January). I don't think anyone could argue that this would be a 'special' signing (probably a lot of money involved too), and it would explain us signing another player on top - because they would cover for Lua Lua while he gets fit.

But LuaLua can't replace himself when he's injured ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It would be extremely rare for a club to sign someone with a freshly broken leg no? Bit of a risk you'd think pal?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
It would be extremely rare for a club to sign someone with a freshly broken leg no? Bit of a risk you'd think pal?

Breaks are usually pretty straight forward so I don't think there's any doubting he will be back to his best before the end of the season. I'm sure we could use the fact that he is injured to lower the price we would pay too. Why wait until he is fully fit when there will be more teams interested, without a doubt, & the price will rise considerably? Gus loves him, the fans love him, he loves it here - worth the risk in my opinion.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Actually, that makes some kind of sense...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Breaks are usually pretty straight forward so I don't think there's any doubting he will be back to his best before the end of the season. I'm sure we could use the fact that he is injured to lower the price we would pay too. Why wait until he is fully fit when there will be more teams interested, without a doubt, & the price will rise considerably? Gus loves him, the fans love him, he loves it here - worth the risk in my opinion.

Fair point. REALLY hope you're right...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I'm coming round to that thinking as well................you can but hope

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Except that in today's Argus he says it's critical we get him in before the Stains game rather than on Thursday...

PG

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Lets face it as per ususal after our hopes have been built up no-one is coming

What do you mean, "as per usual?" As with KLL? As with the new striker that turned out to be Sandaza? I think the club has done a great job on delivering new players since TB and GP have been in situe.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
No source, no inside knowledge, but i'll throw a name into the hat that is more than realistic IMO.

Dave Martin at Derby County, not yet breaking into the first team, but looked a very good player at Milwall in this division. Also believe he's from round here, as he had a trial/was a youth player here I believe?
Left footed, would fit the bill.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
My guess is that we will sign a left sided player before the loan deadline and that it'll be a player that no-one has mentioned on this board or on the comments section of the Argus or by Andy Naylor in one of his lunchtime chats!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here