Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This New 'Special' Player

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It wont happen and we will never hear a name. Just left wondering about the one that got away. Just like the special striker we chased all summer and almost had but never did.

astill86

Nov 3, 2009
Haywards Heath
It wont happen and we will never hear a name. Just left wondering about the one that got away. Just like the special striker we chased all summer and almost had but never did.

I thought I heard Warren Aspinall say on commentary a few months back that the striker we almost signed In the summer was Jamie Mackie. I'm sure he said everything was pretty much agreed then he went to QPR.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
quote from brian owen off the argus
Brian Owen: No. Andy texted Poyet this afternoon and did not get any positive news in the reply I'm afraid

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No source. No knowledge.

How about Eidur Gudjohnsen? Played with Poyet at Chelsea and Spurs.

He hasn't played for Stoke since the end of October and is currently rotting away on the substitute bench.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No source. No knowledge.

He hasn't played for Stoke since the end of October and is currently rotting away on the substitute bench.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
No source. No knowledge.

Oh god good, yes please, would absolute destroy anything in this divison and above.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Dave!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Probably wouldnt be the "special one" but Ben Davies at Notts County can play on the wing, wouldnt mind us having a look at him, a good goalscorer too.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
No source. No knowledge.

If we signed Gudjohnsen then I would be as excited as Leon Knight at a birthday party.

excited-kid-birthday.gif

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
No source. No knowledge.

Not realistic at all.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
granny weatherax/

As regards Eider Gudjohnsen didnt he sign for Stoke and not for Spurs as a dispute over the wage they offered.

Surely we couldnt get anywhere near his current wages or can we?

Unlikely we could, however if Stoke want to save some cash and don't see him getting near the first team they may fund part of it the same way Man City have with Bellamy.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The special one is a striker who everyone with half a football brain will know. So that counts half of NSC out!! OHHH. As I said in an earlier thread, I think he's too special for us, but the fact we are looking is heartening. It's been said (maybe by Gus or that plank Naylor) he's not foreign. But personally I he is well out of our league at the moment and if he comes he will definately be a loan signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here