Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Think Tony and Barber maybe thinking they've made a mistake..........

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Baldock and CoG would be interesting. Maybe there would be goals from that

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the only mistake at the moment is not securing the services of a decent goal scorer. Too many games we are not punishing the opposition, we've got a decent defence, decent midfield but sod all in terms of a goal threat. I really do believe a solid striker would see us shoot up the table.
Arrrgghhh completely NOT this.

No striker would have scored fro Brighton today, from open play.

All the time T'Shearer won't pass, McCourt won't play, Bennett & Bruno won't cross accurately, KLL & Gardener will only shoot from pointless distances.

NO STRIKER WILL SCORE.

We're so bloody close to near perfection, but at no point do we look like making that final step.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
whilst I am not a fan of the system
I have to admit we are playing it better
especially defensively
but lack of quality in the final third did not start with Sami
we didn't scored many goals in the last 3 seasons either
ulloa was an honourable exception

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why? What has Baldock done so far to suggest he is good enough for the Championship? No better than CMS this season, who has also been ****ing useles. Colunga the invisible man yet again today. And COG good at hold-up play / lay-offs, but looks like he couldn't score in a brothel.

What has he done to suggest he isn't? You can't write off Baldock yet, he's not had half as many games as CMS has. Even you're not that shortsighted to do that...are you?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

All the time T'Shearer won't pass, McCourt won't play, Bennett & Bruno won't cross accurately, KLL & Gardener will only shoot from pointless distances.

NO STRIKER WILL SCORE.

We're so bloody close to near perfection, but at no point do we look like making that final step.

Well, this is unlike you to see things differently from everyone else. We created chances today, just like we did against Cardiff, but without an intelligent striker making the correct runs we'll continue to be blunt as an attacking force.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

NO STRIKER WILL SCORE.

After his first few performances, I couldn't imagine myself saying that Tex should be dropped to the bench, but he should. His skill is fantastic, but it'd be nice if he played the simple ball 90% of the time.

COG, on the other hand, is showing a lot more value to the team than he did in the first couple of game. He and one of Baldock or CMS could be an interesting partnership.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
We will start to score soon, lots of goals.

The squad is huge, its all new and we are also playing a new system.

In a few weeks time we will be tearing teams apart in this division.

Have some bloody patience eh.

Anybody remember playing at Gillingham, or the Shitdean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I think the only mistake at the moment is not securing the services of a decent goal scorer. Too many games we are not punishing the opposition, we've got a decent defence, decent midfield but sod all in terms of a goal threat. I really do believe a solid striker would see us shoot up the table.

spot on. TB and PB went for using the Ulloa money to reduce the losses rather than spending it on a proven goalscorer at this level (not Baldock i am afraid) to replace the one we lost. Not looking like a great gamble at the moment.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He's played less than 3 games for crying out loud, give him a chance for ffs. And as I've said, I'd like to see him play with a competent striker as he's going to struggle playing alongside a runner like CMS.

Again, what have you seen in Baldock to suggest he is any better than CMS? CMS and a decent big striker is what we've been waiting for, for 2 or 3 seasons. I ask again, why is competent striker/Baldock any better than competent striker/CMS?

Funnily enough, CMS and Baldock BOTH have records that suggest they are exceptionally good L1 strikers, but average Championship strikers.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
TB and PB went for using the Ulloa money to reduce the losses rather than spending it on a proven goalscorer at this level (not Baldock i am afraid) to replace the one we lost. Not looking like a great gamble at the moment.
No, it certainly isn't!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What has he done to suggest he isn't? You can't write off Baldock yet, he's not had half as many games as CMS has. Even you're not that shortsighted to do that...are you?

Look at his previous record in the Championship, then consider his start with us. Then consider why we didn't spend the money we needed to spend on Ulloa's replacement. Surely even you can't be so shortsighted that you can't spot our striker failings, and that includes Baldock (unfortunately not limited to him). Our beloved strikers have 1, count them 1, goal between them in 11 (eleven) Championship games. Think before you post for a change.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Decent goalscorer? What is Baldock meant to be then? He was the top scorer in League 1 last year. If we don't play to his strengths then that is SH or burke's fault.
Baldock is not the 1 goal every 2 game striker we need to properly replace Leo.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
May just be thinking that Sami is not the right man to take us forward we are virtually 1/4 way through season now and its looking like a relegation scrap the way things are going.....2 wins in 11 is poor to say the least and with crowds already falling I reckon panic could set in!!!!!

Well reading your post, it clearly has. Fortunately that's for you to deal with. Not only am I not panicking I still feel we will get into the play-offs. We had much of the same rhetoric last season, but it does grind on when we are only a fifth into the season. Last week we drew AWAY to the League leaders, this week the same to 2nd placed Watford.
If we are in the bottom half in the New Year I might possibly share your concern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here