Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Think Tony and Barber maybe thinking they've made a mistake..........

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Its glaringly obvious that we need a quality hold up striker, we should be chasing someone like Chris Wood that is big , strong , holds up the ball and plays others in as well as scoring a few goals. Although OGrady has been ok he's not a real threat up front.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we're still in the bottom third on Boxing Day it maybe time for TB to pull the trigger in order to avoid dropping into the mire.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
How is it Hyppiä's fault? I'm really confused by this? His players are letting him down. Ince today splitting the wall is not Sami's fault. Stockdale making a mistake Tuesday is not his fault. Stop blaming the manager and actually start realising our problem is we aren't scoring enough. We had 15 shots today and only 2 on target.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its glaringly obvious that we need a quality hold up striker, we should be chasing someone like Chris Wood that is big , strong , holds up the ball and plays others in as well as scoring a few goals. Although OGrady has been ok he's not a real threat up front.

Is it this obvious? It's accurate shooting which seems to be the issue in my mind.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Table never lies and it says we are not good enough just now. We need a decent run of wins and that can happen, but if it doesn't happen soon then the pressure will build a lot!

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Hyppia is doing a good job with what he has, we have zero quality up front and from what I've seen of Baldock so far suggests he's no better than what we already have. If Barber and Bloom don't address this soon we could struggle.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How is it Hyppiä's fault? I'm really confused by this? His players are letting him down. Ince today splitting the wall is not Sami's fault. Stockdale making a mistake Tuesday is not his fault. Stop blaming the manager and actually start realising our problem is we aren't scoring enough. We had 15 shots today and only 2 on target.

All these shots we are taking, are they from good positions or are they taken because there are no other options?
I still don't like the way Hyppia has got the team playing or the style, its improved since Brentford but still think its limits players.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
May just be thinking that Sami is not the right man to take us forward we are virtually 1/4 way through season now and its looking like a relegation scrap the way things are going.....2 wins in 11 is poor to say the least and with crowds already falling I reckon panic could set in!!!!!

Is it not a bit early for panic to start setting in? we're only 2 points worse off than we were at this stage last season having scored 1 less goal and conceded the same.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its glaringly obvious that we need a quality hold up striker, we should be chasing someone like Chris Wood that is big , strong , holds up the ball and plays others in as well as scoring a few goals.

We've had umpteen chances to sign Chris Wood. Never took one of them. Shame, cos he knows where the goal is, unlike the current crop of so-called strikers.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Don't want to slate him too much but COG had a header from a corner today, but just seemed to put his head in the way. There was no conviction or power about the header. Perhaps lack of confidence but this seems to typify our attack. Its like a flacid cock at an orgy. No presence or genuine prowess.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
All these shots we are taking, are they from good positions or are they taken because there are no other options?
I still don't like the way Hyppia has got the team playing or the style, its improved since Brentford but still think its limits players.

Some chances which were created today were screaming out for someone to hit it or even just get on the end of them. In theory, our strikers should be quite good, but they aren't doing it. Totally unfair to criticise Hyppiä as we are actually playing good football and looking like we can win games. Problem is, we aren't. And the team is letting him down.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think Baldock and CMS upfront would be better, hopefully both fit for the next game.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I think the only mistake at the moment is not securing the services of a decent goal scorer. Too many games we are not punishing the opposition, we've got a decent defence, decent midfield but sod all in terms of a goal threat. I really do believe a solid striker would see us shoot up the table.

I have a serious doubt our scouting team know what a decent striker looks like.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This. The difference between 6 points and 2 points has been two fundamental defensive errors that you wouldn't expect to see at this level. Annoying as it is, it does indicate that we should do alright when we start getting our share of the luck. We've just got two very good points - games we could have won - away at two teams that were top of the table (on points) at the time we played them. If all these draws we were getting were back to the wall efforts, then I'd be worried; they're not, and I'm not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here