Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you did as a kid and learnt never to do again

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Selling my Dads entire Snap-On tool kit to various people down the road in order to buy a set of plastic Gremlins from the local toy shop. Luckily one of the buyers Dad's clocked what I was up to but My Dad were'nt best chuffed to say the least!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Chewing silver foil when you have just had your first filling.

My brother - not pinching First Day covers and cutting the stamps off for your own collection (when you knick them off a psycho who then threatened your mother and your family is skint so can't afford to replace them).

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
When I was about 7 I was with my Dad fishing for Bass in The Arun - he then caught and landed a 8lb near the mouth of the millstream in Arundel (just down from the black Rabbit).

It was thrashing about in the landing net and he told me three times to be careful and not my fingers near its mouth or on its back where the spiny back fin was.

Of course I then prodded it with my little pinkie which the bastard promptly snapped at several times uintil the end of my finger was a bloody mess.

Jul 26, 2004
Next Door
Eat a very large spoonful of icing sugar. Was ok until the outer layer of sugar soaked up all the saliva in my mouth and I then nearly choked to death on the remaining powder. Couldnt breath properly for ages.

My dad pissed me off sufficiently enough once in my childhood to make me do a shit in the back garden so I'd get the satsifaction of seeing my dad scoop up my own shit, thinking it was the dog's.

Unfortunately before he got the chance to, the dog came straight along and ate it :facepalm:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3586714 said:
My dad pissed me off sufficiently enough once in my childhood to make me do a shit in the back garden so I'd get the satsifaction of seeing my dad scoop up my own shit, thinking it was the dog's.

Unfortunately before he got the chance to, the dog came straight along and ate it :facepalm:

:lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
When I was about 7 I was with my Dad fishing for Bass in The Arun - he then caught and landed a 8lb near the mouth of the millstream in Arundel (just down from the black Rabbit).

It was thrashing about in the landing net and he told me three times to be careful and not my fingers near its mouth or on its back where the spiny back fin was.

Of course I then prodded it with my little pinkie which the bastard promptly snapped at several times uintil the end of my finger was a bloody mess.

They don't like it up'em!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Seeing a bloke from the GPO fixing phone cables in the road, he had a little stove with a pot of solder on it...which of course I decided to touch, resulting in me destroying the fingerprint on a finger on my right hand, still bear the scars about 35 years later.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
when i was 12 me and my mate stole a 10kg calor gas canister from a petrol station, carried it to the top of the north downs. we then dug a pit made a fire in it then chucked it in, about 5 minutes later from about 100 meteers we were rewarded with an absolutely enourmous explotion and fireball, it was out of this world. after running away we went back the next day to see the hole was about 7 feet wide and all the trees within about 20ft had thick bits of shrapenal inbedded in them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
(1) The car cigarette lighter thing (amazing how many of us have tried that)

(2) Answered the parental rant "You'll stay at the table until you've eaten that fish pie [or some such childhood horror], there are starving children in Ethiopia who'd be bloody grateful for it" with the(entirely logical) retort "Well why don't you put it in a box and post it to them then".

(3) Leapt forward off a bike saddle, forgetting it wasn't my girly bike with the lowered crossbar, but a boys' design, complete with straight-across-crossbar. I was wincing as I walked for several hours :cry:

Hot Gossiper

Jun 26, 2008
I am proud to say my brother has learnt not to stroke bumblebees any more. They may look fluffy, but...........need I go on?!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Putting a pack of half-chewed chewing gum under a baseball cap whilst at the Sussex County fair to 'save it for later'. If under a hat was good enough for Paddington Bear to store his marmalade sandwiches, it was good enough for me.
Several hours later at home, it was time to remove the cap. After 30 minutes or so later with the aid of a pair of nail scissors, the cap had been removed by my mother.
My head and what was remaining of my hair resembled something out of a child refugee film.

Car cigarette lighter finger trick - check.
Dropping my shorts then having a wiggle whilst swimming next to the large clear glass lounge window in Butlins before being thrown out - check.
Throwing a French banger inside a phone box when a mate was on the phone - check.
Taking Dad's condoms to school - check.
Having a poo behind the sofa in the living room - check.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
My friend found a small stone when I was about 8 in the school playground. Me thinking it was a diamond I stole around 40 quid from my mums purse and bought it off him. Got into so much trouble

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
In the early 1980s, watching the Open Market roundabout being turned into traffic lights while sitting on the roadside railings, wearing a brand-new Harrington jacket, and NHS glasses.

I fell face first into the road, narrowly avoided a 50 bus, had shards of glass protruding from my forehead, and covered aforementioned jacket in a load of claret.

I have subsequently avoided major traffic flow re-adjustments like the plague.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here