Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you did as a kid and learnt never to do again

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I blew into a pencil sharpener and got shavings in my eye. I couldn't open my eye for about a week.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Light a match and hold onto it until it burns your fingers.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My dad was drilling a hole in my bedroom wall, he put the drill down and said "don't touch the bit, it's very hot". So, naturally when he goes out the room, I touched it ... and it was hot. I was so embarassed I didn't tell anyone and wore woollen gloves to cover it up. I must have been about 6.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
My dad was drilling a hole in my bedroom wall, he put the drill down and said "don't touch the bit, it's very hot". So, naturally when he goes out the room, I touched it ... and it was hot. I was so embarassed I didn't tell anyone and wore woollen gloves to cover it up. I must have been about 6.

I reckon I was about 6. Inquisitive age unfortunately.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Also trying to get through a set of lights on a bike before they turned red (you know in the oldern days when cyclists we law abiding citizens) off the seat pushing as hard as I could - and the chain broke - luckily there were no cars around but I still have the scars on my shoulder and elbow.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Getting lost in a labrynth of council houses playing manhunt, so much so that I didn't make it back to my mates house in time - SHIT MYSELF and had to swipe a pair of his mums knickers off the radiator to wear home.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Around 6 years old I thought I'd have a go at shaving using my Grandad's trusty Wilksinson's Sword (In the days they were pretty much unprotected (Mid 60's)) funny how you don't notice you're cut straightaway and carry on shaving three of four more times before the sight of blood mixing with shaving foam and water makes you panic like crazy, Nan was not impressed and I seem to recall I wasn't allowed a bun off the Knowles Bakery Van!

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
asked my dad what a prostitute was (i was about 10 at the time) he duly told me so I looked at my brother and called him one and subsequently got wrapped over the knuckles by the screw driver my dad was holding.

Haven't called my brother a prostitute since.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Press the bright red car cigarette lighter onto my thumb. Ouchie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same, I had been to the park with my father. He asked if I wanted a McDonalds, I said no. Moments later I had burnt my finger. My dads way of cheering me up? Getting me a f***ing Mcdonalds. :tantrum::censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here