Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Things available today that show how lazy we have all become

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My manservant Belvedere and other members of the household staff.

I'd miss them if I was forced to dispense with their services though.
You can’t say manservant these days, they’ll put you in jail.

Also, lazy online generalisations that can only be countered with a Stewart Lee meme.

Also memes.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
paid gardeners.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'll open with dogwalkers.
We used to walk the dog that belonged to a builder’s merchants on Boundary Rd as an afternoon after school job. It was an Alsatian called “Randy” because its nob grew bigger when it sat.

That was in 1984.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Parking.

Instead of putting some coins into a machine and getting a ticket, you now have to download an app, enter all kinds of personal details, identify your car and choose how much they are going to steal off you, which takes much longer.

The parking operator then has the effontery to tell you their parking app is designed to make paying for parking effortless.

Utter bollocks.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
My daughter was telling me the other day about a Woman who provides a 'Tidying' service, £15 per hour, not a cleaner she just tidies.:rolleyes:
Tidy. If she were to move to Wales, she'd clean up.

Or maybe she wouldn't.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My daughter was telling me the other day about a Woman who provides a 'Tidying' service, £15 per hour, not a cleaner she just tidies.:rolleyes:
We very nearly hired a person who organises your spaces for you. Our kitchen is an absolute shambles and we've both failed to come up with an efficient solution for what goes where etc.

But we decided that the shame of living with a disorganised kitchen is way more palatable than living with the shame of paying someone to come in and do it for us.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
As has been pointed out, all this time saving yet people work longer than ever. 20 years ago I was catching a train to decorate in London and was amazed how many people were already working on laptops before they'd even got to work. When I started teaching my boss was furious that I didn't have the internet at home, so she could send me work over the weekend.
On the other hand it makes me laugh that my kids get annoyed that they'll have to wait another week to stream a new release, when as a child if you missed something at the flicks it was years before it was on telly.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I had stopped cycling because of the hills round here. I now cycle to work twice-a-week on my e-bike instead of driving. So, an electric bike has actually made me less lazy. Pretty sure that's the case for quite a lot of us older cyclists too.
Fair play, but a few mates have them because they’re lazy feckers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here