Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Things available today that show how lazy we have all become

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was talking about Blockbuster Video in Worthing the other day, with a friend who worked there many years ago. Ah, the carpets. The musty smell of stale popcorn.

The idea that you used to have to make a specific physical trip (perhaps even by car with parking and everything) to go and choose ONE film to borrow, and watch. And if it was rubbish, tough. That was your entertainment for the evening. AND then you have to again make the trip to take it back.

That seems unthinkably antiquated now.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Mobility vehicles for the abled bodied

Window cleaners for houses
If you’ve ever been to Benidorm which I wouldn’t recommend it’s full of able bodied northerners clogging up the streets on mobility scooters it’s insane.
Talking of lazy people I have a customer who pays me £80 a time to change a light bulb or a fuse in a plug.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'll open with dogwalkers.
As a dog owner I really can't fathom why you get a dog and then entrust them with the fuckwits that are dog walkers. If you want a dog then bloody well get one if you can walk it YOURSELF. I've seen some atrocious behaviour by so called 'professional' dog walkers.

My lazy luxury is a house cleaner every Friday. Bliss !

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
A lot of these are still unavailable to me like dogwalkers and cleaners. A lot of these things have been around since I was a kid, but I don't have the money for it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As a dog owner I really can't fathom why you get a dog and then entrust them with the fuckwits that are dog walkers. If you want a dog then bloody well get one if you can walk it YOURSELF. I've seen some atrocious behaviour by so called 'professional' dog walkers.

My lazy luxury is a house cleaner every Friday. Bliss !
Struck me how one could change 'dog walker' to 'child minder'.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If you’ve ever been to Benidorm which I wouldn’t recommend it’s full of able bodied northerners clogging up the streets on mobility scooters it’s insane.
Talking of lazy people I have a customer who pays me £80 a time to change a light bulb or a fuse in a plug.
I went to Vegas year before covid and there were loads parked outside peoples hotel rooms

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
My manservant Belvedere and other members of the household staff.

I'd miss them if I was forced to dispense with their services though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ring doorbells.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here