[News] Things available today that show how lazy we have all become

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Ironing shops.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Ready made sauces to pour over your food.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You could quite easily replace 'lazy' with 'busy'. It's fine for a load of Baby Boomers who worked 9-5 Monday to Friday (and immediately switched off the second they left the office, rather being constantly online and never really able to stop working) and could afford to have one earner in the house and one housewife to mock people for struggling to find the time to do things, but they don't live in the real world today.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Drive through McDonalds other fast food "Drive Thrus" are available.

I can not understand why anyone would sit in a queue in their car for 20 minutes on a Saturday afternoon to pick up "convenience food". I can't for the life of me think of anything less convenient and less of a treat, than to waste time and money on this sh1t, yet so many people see this as a modern day treat.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My Butler

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I had stopped cycling because of the hills round here. I now cycle to work twice-a-week on my e-bike instead of driving. So, an electric bike has actually made me less lazy. Pretty sure that's the case for quite a lot of us older cyclists too.
Absolutely. My other half damaged his ACL 30 years ago and now has arthritis in his knee. He is on the waiting list for a knee replacement but in the meantime can still cycle on his electric bike, which only kicks in on hills, btw.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Was talking about Blockbuster Video in Worthing the other day, with a friend who worked there many years ago. Ah, the carpets. The musty smell of stale popcorn.

The idea that you used to have to make a specific physical trip (perhaps even by car with parking and everything) to go and choose ONE film to borrow, and watch. And if it was rubbish, tough. That was your entertainment for the evening. AND then you have to again make the trip to take it back.

That seems unthinkably antiquated now.
Like going to see a musician/band . . . . 😕

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Struck me how one could change 'dog walker' to 'child minder'.
Quite. Neighbours going for the third, to show off perceived affluence and keep up with other loons in the street . . . Both parents having to work full time + . . .and employ an au pair.

Arrogant idiocy at best.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
1691153454052.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here