• No

Votes: 101 70.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 42 29.4%

• Total voters

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
How about a" play it on the advertised night" night, so that those who bothered to buy tickets in advance could actually attend ?

Sky and Barber out !

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Following on from the Spanish Day and now Fright Night, do you like the idea of themed matches? Poll to follow.

And also if so what other themes would you like to see?

I would like to see England Day on 21st or 26th of April, the closest home matches to St Georges Day. Bet they won't be brave enough to do it though.

This. Petition to the club?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Indeed that is why they won't be brave enough to do it, BUT they really should. We are English and we should be proud of it. Now thinking of Hugh Grant's speech in Love Actually......

I think we should just turn up half cut, gobble a couple of pies, shout random abuse at the ref, queue politely for the bus, then go home and have a ruby. That would be a good English Day.

Oh wait...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Spanish Day was fantastic, let's do another one of those next season.

Not sure we need too many in a year but perhaps a Polish day for TK, where they can supply loads of Zywiec for us to enjoy.

This!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
After Fright Night...

how about Gay Day?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
My over ten (under when I renewed, but over by the first match so not sat in a cheap seat!) doesn't give a sh*t about how much his ticket or anyone else's cost. But then he's 10 years old and pays for f*ck all on match days, the tight wad!

I do understand this and there must be many kids just like your son who get everything paid for, but I am sure there must be youngsters out there who do paper rounds or other jobs either to pay for their ticket in full or at least subsidise it to the tune of up to £315 per season. How do they feel about youngsters getting in for around £13 less? Perhaps the club should give those youngsters vouchers for the balance to spend in the club shop.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
quite right.
Really guys?? Why not?

Nobody says you have to and I'm sure 99% of the N stand will dress exactly as they would for any other match, but engaging youngsters means long term income for the club and if that means that 1% of people in the stand (and 100% of those appearing on fanzone) are dressed up, who the f*ck cares (but the 1%).

Anyone who brings their kids to matches knows that things like this, fanzone, gully's girls (may they rest in peace), etc all contribute to the experience for them. The bragging rights at school on monday after appearing on fanzone on sat are not to be ignored amongst the pre-teens. And if all they talk about on monday morning is BHA and the Amex, then their friends learn that Chelski and ManU are not the teams to follow and a little pester-power later and little johnny and his dad are spending money at the Amex on a saturday.

Don't want to dress up, then don't. But don't begrudge the club for trying to ensure that you have a home on a saturday afternoon for many more years to come and that the dark days are long behind us.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Beer Festival Day. Massive marque on the field next to the stadium (those playing fields) with a full beer festival underway in there before and after the game.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Jesus christ, 71% of people SERIOUSLY are incredibly precious.

Its for KIDS. Maybe they should tailor it to kids a bit more though as idiots clearly dont know this :facepalm:

On the subject of embarrassing things, that gay "rainbow" flag (or whatever the PC name for it is) held up in the East Stand the last few games is incredibly embarrassing. Sure were in a city which promotes equality, but plenty of other cities do that - cant see them with a gay flag, just a target for the abuse which people just scream for a policeman over.

This. Completely unnecessary.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I do understand this and there must be many kids just like your son who get everything paid for, but I am sure there must be youngsters out there who do paper rounds or other jobs either to pay for their ticket in full or at least subsidise it to the tune of up to £315 per season. How do they feel about youngsters getting in for around £13 less? Perhaps the club should give those youngsters vouchers for the balance to spend in the club shop.

joking aside... to be honest, I'm not that concerned. I pay a certain price to be guaranteed a seat (and the same seats) week in week out. Were circumstances different and attending matches an ad hoc type of thing, then I'd be very happy to be paying a £1 to bring him with me but missing out on a crucial cup tie or a sold play off game because I'd opted for cheap seats during the season wouldn't be worth it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here