• Yes

Votes: 42 29.4%

• Total voters

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Really guys?? Why not?

Nobody says you have to and I'm sure 99% of the N stand will dress exactly as they would for any other match, but engaging youngsters means long term income for the club and if that means that 1% of people in the stand (and 100% of those appearing on fanzone) are dressed up, who the f*ck cares (but the 1%).

Anyone who brings their kids to matches knows that things like this, fanzone, gully's girls (may they rest in peace), etc all contribute to the experience for them. The bragging rights at school on monday after appearing on fanzone on sat are not to be ignored amongst the pre-teens. And if all they talk about on monday morning is BHA and the Amex, then their friends learn that Chelski and ManU are not the teams to follow and a little pester-power later and little johnny and his dad are spending money at the Amex on a saturday.

Don't want to dress up, then don't. But don't begrudge the club for trying to ensure that you have a home on a saturday afternoon for many more years to come and that the dark days are long behind us.
Top post :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really guys?? Why not?

Nobody says you have to and I'm sure 99% of the N stand will dress exactly as they would for any other match, but engaging youngsters means long term income for the club and if that means that 1% of people in the stand (and 100% of those appearing on fanzone) are dressed up, who the f*ck cares (but the 1%).

Anyone who brings their kids to matches knows that things like this, fanzone, gully's girls (may they rest in peace), etc all contribute to the experience for them. The bragging rights at school on monday after appearing on fanzone on sat are not to be ignored amongst the pre-teens. And if all they talk about on monday morning is BHA and the Amex, then their friends learn that Chelski and ManU are not the teams to follow and a little pester-power later and little johnny and his dad are spending money at the Amex on a saturday.

Don't want to dress up, then don't. But don't begrudge the club for trying to ensure that you have a home on a saturday afternoon for many more years to come and that the dark days are long behind us.

He speaketh the truth. I saw some guy in the away end at Reading whose kid was dressed up in a seagull outfit a la Gully. The kid was only small. Do I think that sort of thing is ruining football? Do I arse. It was probably the highlight of the little lad's week. How can that POSSIBLY be a bad thing?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Really guys?? Why not?

Because personally I think this sort of thing is more likely to put people off going. But I suppose we can't discuss it any more as you've put it in bold and underlined.

For example, I didn't particularly like all the advertising for one of the cruellest blood sports known to man on Spanish day, as blokes who've probably never seen a bull fight dressed as matadors.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Scottish Day at The Amex will be good , thousands of Albion fans donning ginger wigs , waving tartan flags and totally pissed out of their brain. For authenticity the club will supply a free bag of sick to pour down the front of a shirt and trousers for those who don't drink.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Because personally I think this sort of thing is more likely to put people off going. But I suppose we can't discuss it any more as you've put it in bold and underlined.

So, just to clarify, you think that the Albion offering tickets to under 16s at a home game for a pound will put people off coming?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

For example, I didn't particularly like all the advertising for one of the cruellest blood sports known to man on Spanish day, as blokes who've probably never seen a bull fight dressed as matadors.

Oh no, some six year-olds might dress in Hallowe'en gear. There's no way I can go now...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He speaketh the truth. I saw some guy in the away end at Reading whose kid was dressed up in a seagull outfit a la Gully. The kid was only small. Do I think that sort of thing is ruining football? Do I arse. It was probably the highlight of the little lad's week. How can that POSSIBLY be a bad thing?

I saw that too, I joked that his dad had done something with Gully a while back.....

But I agree, I have no issue with that sort of thing, it looked great. As for themed matches, if it gets more children involved and more tickets sold then great, and combining this with the kids for a quid price seems a reasonable idea.

However I do feel it attempts to paper over the issue that we are not seeling enough tickets on a match by match basis, and that can only be for one reason, the cost, well that and the fact they stupidly don't release the whole stadium for sale early enough.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You could suggest it to them though?

I think if they have managed to work out when Halloweens is they will probably notice when St Georges Day, especially as they do a corporate St Geoges Day lunch around that time which is always well attended.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

I voted no, but after reading the thread, I have changed my mind, but just for the kids, after all they will soon be the lifeblood of the club.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Kids for a quid? Sucks for the kids with season tickets then :)

What, the ones who pay about a hundred quid (?) for a season?

They're hardly being ripped off, are they?

Would probably cost you more than that to take them swimming or the cinema twenty three times.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think if they have managed to work out when Halloweens is they will probably notice when St Georges Day, especially as they do a corporate St Geoges Day lunch around that time which is always well attended.

Still couldnt hurt to suggest it. I'm sure they'd appreciate the input. hand out little union jacks to the whole crowd and get em waving them to sussex by the sea like they did in the first game at the amex.

Would look a brilliant sight all the blue red and white.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here