• No

Votes: 101 70.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 42 29.4%

• Total voters

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Still couldnt hurt to suggest it. I'm sure they'd appreciate the input. hand out little union jacks to the whole crowd and get em waving them to sussex by the sea like they did in the first game at the amex.

Would look a brilliant sight all the blue red and white.

Like a sort of working class Last Night Of The Proms?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Still couldnt hurt to suggest it. I'm sure they'd appreciate the input. hand out little union jacks to the whole crowd and get em waving them to sussex by the sea like they did in the first game at the amex.

Would look a brilliant sight all the blue red and white.

St Georges Day is all about being English. The Union Jack flag doesn't signify that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I vote for this.

How does one dress up as a Brighton fan? I was led to believe that replica shirts are for morons, so if we can just clear that up, it would be useful.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I voted no for themed days but I have no objections to them if it drags more potential fans into the east stand.
Kids a quid? good idea.... as long as the little *******s don't come round tricking or treating

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
It's a game of football not a theme park. By all means offer kids for a quid but the fancy dress etc is just cringeworthy

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Daft idea really, especially on the way home if we lose.

Still as long as it is not compulsery, there will always be a percentage of people who like to dress up at every opportunity.

Not for me, though wouldn't want to spoil it for others but there is not a "don't mind" option in the poll for me to participate.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Themed matches are so "new football" it makes me want to puke.

I would rather vomit up my own intestines and hang myself with them, than turn up in fancy dress every game.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
St Georges Day is all about being English. The Union Jack flag doesn't signify that.

Ah yes, the day where we celebrate our English-ness by waving the battle standard of a Roman soldier who was born in Palestine, who never visited (or had probably even heard of) this country, and who is also patron saint of:

agricultural workers, Aragon, archers, armourers, Bavaria, Beirut, Bulgaria, butchers, Cappadocia, Catalonia, cavalry, chivalry, Constantinople, Corinthians FC, Crusaders, equestrians, Ethiopia, farmers, Ferrara, field workers, Freiburg, Genoa, Georgia, Gozo, Greece, herpes, horsemen, horses, knights, lepers and leprosy, Lithuania, Malta, Montenegro, Moscow, Order of the Garter, Palestine, Palestinian Christians, plague, Portugal, riders, Romani people, saddle makers, Serbia, Scouts, sheep, shepherds, skin diseases, Slovenia, soldiers, syphilis and Teutonic Knights

How, pray tell, do we dress in a manner suitable for commemorating that lot?

(No, I don't know why there's a patron saint for leprosy, herpes, syphilis and skin diseases either)

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Good for the kids isn't it. Don't see much harm. My kid was desperate to come as batman last season, but he always bottled it at the last minute... However I think for the Leicester game he'll be coming as a teenage mutant ninja turtle. His heart is set.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I don't have a problem with theme days as a way of attracting an audience... the real problem I have with them is that by and large they always seem to coincide with us losing the f'ing match due in part I feel to the odd atmosphere they generally have (I still haven't quite got over the shock of our win on Spanish Day!).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He speaketh the truth. I saw some guy in the away end at Reading whose kid was dressed up in a seagull outfit a la Gully. The kid was only small. Do I think that sort of thing is ruining football? Do I arse. It was probably the highlight of the little lad's week. How can that POSSIBLY be a bad thing?

Big assumption! How do you know the kid wasn't being dressed up as a punishment for wetting the bed? :lol:

Am up for Polish Day...

20131008-200941.jpg

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
German Day

tickets cost a tenner and can take our beer in the stands

oh and Palace relegation party day

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Themed matches are so "new football" it makes me want to puke.

I would rather vomit up my own intestines and hang myself with them, than turn up in fancy dress every game.

That's right, going to football match clothing should be strictly policed.

Personally I think that boots, braces, shin high levis, scarf tied to the wrist and a suede hair cut should be de rigour but I understand those who hanker for terraces filled with flat cappers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here