Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The world is in one helluva mess and so is this country

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
All these crazy Islamists in Africa creating mayhem at Allah's bidding (apparently).

More of them (under the guise of Al Quaeda) doing exactly the same in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Civil war in Syria.

The Israel/Palestine problem still ongoing.

Tehran ruled by mad mullahs and maybe building a nuclear bomb.

The gun lobby (NRA) in the USA refusing to back down over gun control.

Overpopulation.

And in the UK:

The obscene amounts of money EU membership costs the UK taxpayer.

Immigration.

Welfare costs.

The ridiculous move to build more windfarms.

I have seldom felt so negative about the way things are going in the world or in the UK. One big fecking mess. Why the hell can't we live together in peace and harmony?

Maybe NSC has the solution to all the world's ills.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
No the world isn't in a mess and no this country isn't either. There are problems but then there always are.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
No the world isn't in a mess and no this country isn't either. There are problems but then there always are.
Bang on. We just think there are more problems because it's easier for TV to bring them into our living room. Compared to 50 years ago there are probably far fewer problems, we just know about more of them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Definitely has got worse since the Arab Spring. The Al Qaeda has more power than ever, only a matter of time before they take over in Syria too. Doesn't help that for whatever reason NATO has been supporting the Islamist rebels throughout.

Yes but what about the bloody wind farms!!?!? Civil war and sectarian violence have little importance compared to that critical topic of electricity generated from the movement of air!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Definitely has got worse since the Arab Spring. The Al Qaeda has more power than ever, only a matter of time before they take over in Syria too. Doesn't help that for whatever reason NATO has been supporting the Islamist rebels throughout.

That's extremely recent compared to the centuries of turmoil in that region.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You're right, the world is worse than it has ever been. I'd rather have lived a 100 years ago. Oh, strike that as we were heading towards world war with millions killed in trenches. Maybe 70 years ago then. Oh, strike that, 50m killed worldwide in the second global conflict. There has always been wars and unrest it's just that now you have instant media coverage.

Still don't get the comment about windfarms!!!!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It doesn't help to create a positive world when people are polluting it with negative thoughts and feelings, such as The Sunday Sun

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Maybe the Muslin-loving Islamicisisisisisisisists are really running the country.

That would explain it!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance."

Italy 2013?

No, Cicero 55BC.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
You're right, the world is worse than it has ever been. I'd rather have lived a 100 years ago. Oh, strike that as we were heading towards world war with millions killed in trenches. Maybe 70 years ago then. Oh, strike that, 50m killed worldwide in the second global conflict. There has always been wars and unrest it's just that now you have instant media coverage.

Drew,you are right about the time to live.
Perhaps the comment about building more windfarms is a suggestion that we are losing our grip on reality if we think these things are the answer to the country's energy requirements.
Spot on I reckon,but I hope the rabid Greens on the board are all asleep in their cosy caves!:D

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

One of the biggest problems in this country right now. We're wasting millions of pounds of taxpayers' money on the things. They are inefficient and they pollute the countryside.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance."

Italy 2013?

No, Cicero 55BC.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

That reminds me. Another thing that needs to be fixed in this country is the ever ballooning cost of foreign aid which should be cut by 50% each year ad infinitum.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
All these crazy Islamists in Africa creating mayhem at Allah's bidding (apparently).

More of them (under the guise of Al Quaeda) doing exactly the same in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Civil war in Syria.

The Israel/Palestine problem still ongoing.

Tehran ruled by mad mullahs and maybe building a nuclear bomb.

The gun lobby (NRA) in the USA refusing to back down over gun control.

Overpopulation.

And in the UK:

The obscene amounts of money EU membership costs the UK taxpayer.

Immigration.

Welfare costs.

The ridiculous move to build more windfarms.

I have seldom felt so negative about the way things are going in the world or in the UK. One big fecking mess. Why the hell can't we live together in peace and harmony?

Maybe NSC has the solution to all the world's ills.

One of the biggest problems in this country right now. We're wasting millions of pounds of taxpayers' money on the things. They are inefficient and they pollute the countryside.

That reminds me. Another thing that needs to be fixed in this country is the ever ballooning cost of foreign aid which should be cut by 50% each year ad infinitum.

This is what happens when you get your world view from reading the Sun on Sunday.

Serves you right, really.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This is what happens when you get your world view from reading the Sun on Sunday.

Serves you right, really.

I'm afraid it was impossible to get a world view or any other view on anything from reading the Sunday Sun.

So I presume you think all's well with the world? Oh well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here