Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vaccine Thread

Would you take a vaccine if offered, as per the post below?

• YES - Let's get this COVID thing done and over with.

Votes: 201 78.5%
  • NO - I still have issues about a rushed vaccine/I don't need to/I'm not happy with being forced to.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • UNSURE - I still can't tell what I'll do when it comes to it.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Worth reading the letter attached to this tweet :

https://twitter.com/Paul1971EFC/status/1368927849248403457?s=20

Vacc supplies will be minimal this week (so numbers will be v significantly reduced) but this is ahead of a significant ramping up as supplies increase and includes specific instructions to be prepared to deliver double the number of jabs delivered last week..............

Mrs V was sent a message to say that she was now eligible for her shot, went to book online and found the nearest place was Brighton ( we are in Worthing ) and earliest availability was Thursday next week.... when we were in full flow there were four sites in Worthing offering a jab ! I noticed the daily totals have dropped off alarmingly too, lest hope some more doses start rolling in nest week .

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Mrs V was sent a message to say that she was now eligible for her shot, went to book online and found the nearest place was Brighton ( we are in Worthing ) and earliest availability was Thursday next week.... when we were in full flow there were four sites in Worthing offering a jab ! I noticed the daily totals have dropped off alarmingly too, lest hope some more doses start rolling in nest week .
Don't be alarmed. They have just announced that 3 million extra people can join the queue and that this week has a drop in vaccine availability. The length of the queue was certain to increase. The waiting times will gradually get less until the over-50 cohort gets the call, then there will be another rush.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Got my first jab today :rave::rave::rave:

Had to drive to Deal, though. Twenty miles. Luckily I can. Nothing offered in my home town. And I booked it, with difficulty, online. I pity the poor sods who struggle with the internet, or can't drive.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Anyone had their second jab yet?

I am considered vulnerable and 70 plus so I had the first Pfizer shot in early January... forgetting the recommended three week gap, we are now approaching 12 weeks since and the surgery just fob us off when we query it ...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My wife has had her second vaccine after just 4 weeks, possibly prompted by this...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-56351084

Many anticancer drugs are immunosupressants (as a side effect - kill rapidly dividing cells (many types of cancer) which unfortunately includes hair follicle cells, gut lining and... white blood cells such as leukocytes, monocytes and the other ones that zap infections). So it's harder to mount an immune response if immunosuppressed by chemotherapy (hence risk of secondary infection). So get the booster in, soon as. That will help no end.

Best wishes from down the road, as always :thumbsup:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Many anticancer drugs are immunosupressants (as a side effect - kill rapidly dividing cells (many types of cancer) which unfortunately includes hair follicle cells, gut lining and... white blood cells such as leukocytes, monocytes and the other ones that zap infections). So it's harder to mount an immune response if immunosuppressed by chemotherapy (hence risk of secondary infection). So get the booster in, soon as. That will help no end.

Best wishes from down the road, as always :thumbsup:

Thank you young man - I have spent the last couple of months telling my wife how this vaccine is going to make her "safe", so it is difficult to keep her away from this sort of information, where as always the news slant is towards the negative.

We are going to keep on keeping on, keeping ourselves safe, shielding and just doing what we do!

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
29 hours after the first jab at the Racecourse and I feel like I've got a hell of a hangover, I wouldn't mind so much but I haven't touched a drop for about 8 weeks.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The blood clot "issue" with the AZ vaccine is massive misinformation.

1 - the figures are no worse than for people who haven't been vaccinated.

2 - Of the people vaccinated in the UK , the figures ( miniscule anyway ) are marginally worse ( by 2 cases ) for the Pfizer vaccine.

This feels like an organised misinformation campaign targeted against the AZ vaccine coming from somewhere with an agenda.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it is bizarre how persistent the anti-Astrazeneca bandwagon is. Ireland and Netherlands in on it this weekend.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The blood clot "issue" with the AZ vaccine is massive misinformation.

1 - the figures are no worse than for people who haven't been vaccinated.

2 - Of the people vaccinated in the UK , the figures ( miniscule anyway ) are marginally worse ( by 2 cases ) for the Pfizer vaccine.

This feels like an organised misinformation campaign targeted against the AZ vaccine coming from somewhere with an agenda.

And the weirdest thing is that it's coming from government health departments. WTF is that about? :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
it is bizarre how persistent the anti-Astrazeneca bandwagon is. Ireland and Netherlands in on it this weekend.
The obvious suspicion is that the EU counties want to pause AZ vaccination for a couple of weeks ( when the vaccine will then be given the 'all clear' ) in order to cover up shortages due to the mess they made of the AZ contract.

Without a care for the stress and worry the stories are having on those already vaccinated with AZ.

Despicable.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The obvious suspicion is that the EU counties want to pause AZ vaccination for a couple of weeks ( when the vaccine will then be given the 'all clear' ) in order to cover up shortages due to the mess they made of the AZ contract.

Without a care for the stress and worry the stories are having on those already vaccinated with AZ.

Despicable.

This. A conspiracy theorist might suggest it's a bit of a smokescreen to deflect blame for the glacier-slow pace of vaccine rollout in the EU

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
This is getting absolutely bloody stupid now. Germany have joined the bandwagon and suspended AstraZeneca, even though their vaccine programme depends on it. They are worried that 4 people out of 5 million have died of blood clots shortly after getting an AstraZeneca vaccine. One in a million. So they are willing to suspend the vaccine programme. This is idiocy on two fronts.

1. About 1 in 1,000 people get blood clots each year and about 1 in 10 of those die. So 1 in 10,000 people are expected to die of blood clots in a year which means 1 in 500,000 die in an average week. 5 million people vaccinated with AstraZeneca in the Eu, on average 10 of them would die of blood clots, in practice 4 of them have. That is evidence that the vaccine cures blood clots,not that it causes them.

You might as well look for people who have been killed by being run over by a bus. If anyone has been killed by a bus shortly after receiving the vaccine, is that evidence that the vaccine was dangerous?

2. Even if we assume that the vaccine is as dangerous as feared and if every man, woman and child in Germany receives the vaccine, 70 of them die. Does that make it worthwhile suspending the vaccine and allowing lockdown to continue and the virus to continue taking lives until next year? Do they think they can keep the number of deaths below 70? They have to assess different degrees of risk, sometimes. If they had limitless stores of the Pfizer vaccine (deemed safe because it has only 3 blood clot deaths) then they could make a case. But the idea that leaving millions unvaccinated rather than giving them the only available vaccine, is nonsense.

If a volcano is erupting in your back garden and the only way to escape is in a car with no seat belts, do you say that driving without a seat belt is dangerous? Or do you accept the risk?

The risk that the AstraZeneca vaccine does harm, is small-to-miniscule. The risk of not having it is large and well known.

These politicians are panicking. Their decisions make no sense. I reckon they are probably so upset by having been proved wrong over the xourcing of the vaccine that they are determined to prove, regardless of evidence, that they were right all along. Whatever the cost. Which doesn't particularly worry me in Germany or Italy or Scandinavia, because that's their problem and I don't have enough empathy to spare. But what worries me is that people in this country might start believing all this panic and stop taking the vaccine. We have a way out of this disaster, I don't want it to fail because of stupid politicians whose only concern is their own career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here