Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vaccine Thread

Would you take a vaccine if offered, as per the post below?

• YES - Let's get this COVID thing done and over with.

Votes: 201 78.5%
  • NO - I still have issues about a rushed vaccine/I don't need to/I'm not happy with being forced to.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • UNSURE - I still can't tell what I'll do when it comes to it.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1361990549922848769[/TWEET]

Seems the EU have sorted their problems with the vaccine procurement out and many member states are planning to complete their programmes by the summer

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Had mine yesterday ( Oxford) feel like crap today. Aches like I’ve had a kicking, blinding headache, main lining co- codamol now.
Due to other health problems, I get vertigo in bed at night if I’m at all under the weather, so, I got about 2 hours sleep last night.

I’d still much rather have the vaccine than not though.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Had mine yesterday ( Oxford) feel like crap today. Aches like I’ve had a kicking, blinding headache, main lining co- codamol now.
Due to other health problems, I get vertigo in bed at night if I’m at all under the weather, so, I got about 2 hours sleep last night.

Think you need to move to the bottom bunk for a while.

Seriously though, hope you feel better soon

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

How are you feeling this morning?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Uptake is low among ethnic groups in some parts of the UK... which probably explains why the Gov is now promising all adults will be 'offered' a vaccine by end of July.

We must do more to try and get these groups vaccinated, I can't see a total route out of lockdown unless we've got significant percentages of all communities protected otherwise it can still run through like wildfire in these unprotected groups.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Had mine yesterday - Pfizer. Arm feels like someones given me a dead-arm, and not feeling as I normally do but glad I did it.

Very slick operation as well - who would have believed what would happen if you let the NHS run something, rather than a government crony.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We must do more to try and get these groups vaccinated, I can't see a total route out of lockdown unless we've got significant percentages of all communities protected otherwise it can still run through like wildfire in these unprotected groups.

What do you suggest ? They already have celebs and community leaders trying to convince the naysayers to get vaccinated. The rest of the country won’t be held back once everyone has been offered a vaccine and the vast majority have had it. Very localised, well policed restrictions perhaps...........?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What do you suggest ? They already have celebs and community leaders trying to convince the naysayers to get vaccinated. The rest of the country won’t be held back once everyone has been offered a vaccine and the vast majority have had it. Very localised, well policed restrictions perhaps...........?

Hopefully it will change tomorrow with a road map, but I don’t think people saying we won’t be going back to normal are not helping

If people are unsure about taking it and this is the message, they won’t.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

I think you're right, whilst this is hopefully the last national lockdown I expect there will be localised lockdowns like Leicester and Manchester last summer where there are local flare ups, which are inevitably likely to be in areas with lower take-up of the vaccine.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Quick question for anyone whose had theirs at the racecourse. My partner and daughter both have theirs up there this weekend. My partner is visually impaired. I'm assuming she will go through the process on her own or are there people up there to assist

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quick question for anyone whose had theirs at the racecourse. My partner and daughter both have theirs up there this weekend. My partner is visually impaired. I'm assuming she will go through the process on her own or are there people up there to assist

There are lots of people there to assist. They're all very helpful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here