Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vaccine Thread

Would you take a vaccine if offered, as per the post below?

• YES - Let's get this COVID thing done and over with.

Votes: 201 78.5%
  • NO - I still have issues about a rushed vaccine/I don't need to/I'm not happy with being forced to.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • UNSURE - I still can't tell what I'll do when it comes to it.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Off to Worthing hospital in a few mins to get my jab. Was very easy to book through work. Took about two minutes. All my colleagues say the process itself is also very quick and efficient.
Very relieved to be getting this. We’ve had a few cases at work now and for the first time since it began I started to get a little didgy about the virus itself.
I am very impressed with how the NHS are smashing the shit out of the vaccination process.

Marvellous news my parents are also getting the jab next week. Also a special mention for the UK vaccine task force who helped secure the vaccines at the earliest opportunity and the MHRA for expediting regulatory clearance.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Seem to be struggling for supplies in my backwater of Kent, our vaccination centre has been closed 3 days in the last week and had one day, when it was open, where there were queues of more than 90 minutes.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My 80yo MiL with COPD and Diabetes finally got an invite yesterday to go to Ticehurst for a jab. She lives in Hailsham. 20 miles away.
Dony worry. My mum had the same, a letter to go 30 miles away. They are making sure any surplus is used up within the age round.

Couple of days later she had her letter to have a jab a few miles away.

I suggest you ring your local surgery.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Dony worry. My mum had the same, a letter to go 30 miles away. They are making sure any surplus is used up within the age round.

Couple of days later she had her letter to have a jab a few miles away.

I suggest you ring your local surgery.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On the good news thread - she had it in Hailsham yesterday. :)

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
nuggets 2.jpg

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
My wife has her vaccination scheduled for tomorrow morning, at Maidstone hospital, despite the hospital telling her it would be our GP surgery that would coordinate.

To be honest I don't really care who does the jab, it could even be done by Phil Taylor, as long as she gets it done - though after today's news it would be good if she got the Astra-Zenica version!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
My wife has her vaccination scheduled for tomorrow morning, at Maidstone hospital, despite the hospital telling her it would be our GP surgery that would coordinate.

To be honest I don't really care who does the jab, it could even be done by Phil Taylor, as long as she gets it done - though after today's news it would be good if she got the Astra-Zenica version!

:clap2:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Sitting in the car park at Maidstone hospital while my wife has her jab.

Hopefully today is the start of the rest of our lives - been shielding 11 months and probably a few more to come yet, at least until she gets second jab, but it does feel like we are turning a corner!

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Sitting in the car park at Maidstone hospital while my wife has her jab.

Hopefully today is the start of the rest of our lives - been shielding 11 months and probably a few more to come yet, at least until she gets second jab, but it does feel like we are turning a corner!

Pleased for you. Must be such a relief

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pfizer jab done, next one in May.

I was very impressed with the organisation at the Racecourse. It was all very efficient.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Just had the AstraZeneca jab.
Was in and out in less than 5 minutes!
Can now sort of relax and watch Albion get another 3 points.
Note, I said sort of relax.����

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Early studies suggest the Oxford/AZ jab us significantly less effective against the SA variant, extremely worrying considering it now appears that variant and other similar mutations are now in community transmission.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Early studies suggest the Oxford/AZ jab us significantly less effective against the SA variant, extremely worrying considering it now appears that variant and other similar mutations are now in community transmission.

Yep and fate conspired that was the one I got first dose today, at least Autumn till update. Quite pissed at this news.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

But the company expressed confidence that the vaccine would offer protection against serious cases, because it created neutralising antibodies similar to those of other coronavirus vaccines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here