Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vaccine Thread

Would you take a vaccine if offered, as per the post below?

• YES - Let's get this COVID thing done and over with.

Votes: 201 78.5%
  • NO - I still have issues about a rushed vaccine/I don't need to/I'm not happy with being forced to.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • UNSURE - I still can't tell what I'll do when it comes to it.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the queer thing is contrast reaction to Pfizer triggering serious reaction in those with allergies, simply stopped giving to people with allergies. they didnt stop using it altogether. and thats new vaccine tech, previously unused in humans i'd expect them to get nervous about.

on the positive side, this means AZ vaccinations they were restricting exports to...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am raging about the stress and worry this could cause to people who have already had the AZ vaccine.

At least be even handed. In the UK the pfizer vaccine has very similar miniscule numbers of blood clots. Perhaps they should suspend the use of that vaccine too ?

This is targeted misinformation and has to stop.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The obvious suspicion is that the EU counties want to pause AZ vaccination for a couple of weeks ( when the vaccine will then be given the 'all clear' ) in order to cover up shortages due to the mess they made of the AZ contract.

Without a care for the stress and worry the stories are having on those already vaccinated with AZ.

Despicable.

There has been some much-deserved criticism of the UK's response to Covid in many areas but I would say in most cases we are looking at the usual reasons eg lack of preparedness, incompetence whereas what we have seen in mainland Europe is looking increasingly like willful negligence, playing politics and risking peoples lives. As you say despicable.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I am raging about the stress and worry this could cause to people who have already had the AZ vaccine.

At least be even handed. In the UK the pfizer vaccine has very similar miniscule numbers of blood clots. Perhaps they should suspend the use of that vaccine too ?

This is targeted misinformation and has to stop.

The news from Ireland about the AZ Vaccine came out yesterday morning, about 2 hours before I was due to have my jab.

Obviously I went and had my (AZ) jab anyway - unfortunately some people may be put off - and could well suffer the consequences of not being vaccinated.

As others have said on this thread, the numbers (of clots) are, percentage wise, TINY - and could well have occurred ANYWAY - and the Pfizer vaccine also has (very small numbers) of blood clots too, yet that vaccine is not being withheld.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
France and Italy have now suspended AstraZeneca. :nono:

Initially I thought this was just politics but Asian countries joining in too; Thailand and Indonesia. The balance of the risk of vaccinating versus not vaccinating needs to be considered

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Initially I thought this was just politics but Asian countries joining in too; Thailand and Indonesia. The balance of the risk of vaccinating versus not vaccinating needs to be considered

Thailand is to resume administering AstraZeneca on Tuesday after a brief suspension.

Your initial comment was correct - it's politics.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Reaction is continuing to come in to countries such as France and Germany halting their roll-out of the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine.

Dr Michael Head, Senior Research Fellow in Global Health at the University of Southampton, says the decision is "baffling".

"The data we have suggests that numbers of adverse events related to blood clots are the same (and possibly, in fact lower) in vaccinated groups compared to unvaccinated populations," he says.

"The UK MHRA [Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency], WHO [World Health Organization] and also the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis have recommended continuing the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine roll out.

“Halting a vaccine roll-out during a pandemic has consequences. This results in delays in protecting people, and the potential for increased vaccine hesitancy, as a result of people who have seen the headlines and understandably become concerned.

"There are no signs yet of any data that really justify these decisions.”

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Had the AZ jag last Friday lunchtime. No reaction Friday, felt a bit crap Saturday, much better yesterday.

To be honest, and entirely personally, after a year of this shitshow, I'll take a one in a million chance of a blood clot over it going on one second longer. Maybe the Whisky will help thin my blood.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Had the AZ jag last Friday lunchtime. No reaction Friday, felt a bit crap Saturday, much better yesterday.

To be honest, and entirely personally, after a year of this shitshow, I'll take a one in a million chance of a blood clot over it going on one second longer. Maybe the Whisky will help thin my blood.

Had a couple of glasses of full bodied red to celebrate my AZ Vac a couple of weeks ago. Zero effects.:)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thailand is to resume administering AstraZeneca on Tuesday after a brief suspension.

Your initial comment was correct - it's politics.

European Medicines Agency says benefits of Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine outweigh risks, 40 blood clots in 17m is a low risk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Two weeks ago Astra Zeneca wanted a meeting with all the significant Swedish media owners, with the requirement that they could not report anything of what was said on the meeting... "No quotes or recordings".

Maybe a lot of governments are on the "anti-AstraZeneca bandwagon", or maybe a lot of you guys are on the pro-AstraZeneca bandwagon. Maybe the French/German/Dutch/other governments are doing the sensible thing while the UK/Swedish etc arent... weirder things has happened

This. A conspiracy theorist might suggest it's a bit of a smokescreen to deflect blame for the glacier-slow pace of vaccine rollout in the EU

Another conspiracy theorist might suggest that these countries are investigating if there are problems of a greater magnitude than is public knowledge, and that some governments who did not do so well during the pandemic are desperate to keep vaccinations rolling no matter what the side effects may (or may not) be.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Two weeks ago Astra Zeneca wanted a meeting with all the significant Swedish media owners, with the requirement that they could not report anything of what was said on the meeting... "No quotes or recordings".

Maybe a lot of governments are on the "anti-AstraZeneca bandwagon", or maybe a lot of you guys are on the pro-AstraZeneca bandwagon. Maybe the French/German/Dutch/other governments are doing the sensible thing while the UK/Swedish etc arent... weirder things has happened

Another conspiracy theorist might suggest that these countries are investigating if there are problems of a greater magnitude than is public knowledge, and that some governments who did not do so well during the pandemic are desperate to keep vaccinations rolling no matter what the side effects may (or may not) be.

you'd be hard pressed to work out wtf is going on , there are obviously issues with the AZ vax.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
you'd be hard pressed to work out wtf is going on , there are obviously issues with the AZ vax.

Why “obviously”?

As has been said by others, the incidence of blood clots for those having had the Astra Zeneca vaccination are no greater than those having the Pfizer vaccine or for that matter no vaccine.

To use the famous “run over by a bus analogy”, I wonder how many people have had the vaccine then been killed by a bus - maybe it’s the vaccine “what done it...!”

I understood the reluctance of some countries early on, when to be honest there wasn’t enough real time data. That clearly isn’t the case now, and to withdraw a vaccine based on results that are no more than would be expected in an unvaccinated population is quite frankly ridiculous.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

medical class record everything, most of which is published, it is the most regulated and closely monitored industry. there are public records for the number of illness people have after vaccination, and there are many because when you vaccinate millions probability tells us there will be. but those illness are within the standard for population, not directly attributable to the vaccine. unless you want to claim the entire medical class and statistics office bureaucrats are in on the conspiracy, nothing is being hidden. there's no way out of the pandemic except vaccines.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Your conspiracy theorist would have to accept that scientists around the world are in on it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Why “obviously”?

As has been said by others, the incidence of blood clots for those having had the Astra Zeneca vaccination are no greater than those having the Pfizer vaccine or for that matter no vaccine.

To use the famous “run over by a bus analogy”, I wonder how many people have had the vaccine then been killed by a bus - maybe it’s the vaccine “what done it...!”

I understood the reluctance of some countries early on, when to be honest there wasn’t enough real time data. That clearly isn’t the case now, and to withdraw a vaccine based on results that are no more than would be expected in an unvaccinated population is quite frankly ridiculous.

numerous countries have stalled with the AZ although most have now resumed , pfizer seems to be going to more "worthwhile" citizens in Aus anyway with the AZ vax being used on the plebs....there are obviously issues and the efficacy is purported to be 64% ...?? pass.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Being on a list of essential workers here in Spain, I was hoping to get my jab this month. The two-week AZ suspension has scuppered that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here