Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The undropable Dale Stephens

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Another solid performance from ‘undroppable’ Dale today.

Technically poor, numerous unforced errors ending our attacking moves and comfortably managed by the Sheff Wed midfield.

3/10.

Jimmy Grimble

I’m a Stephens fan but as a now seasoned Premier League player, this should have been a game he ran from start to finish. However, he had no grip on the game from the first whistle.

Others were poor too - don’t get me wrong - but he should have been shouldering responsibility in their today.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Another solid performance from ‘undroppable’ Dale today.

Technically poor, numerous unforced errors ending our attacking moves and comfortably managed by the Sheff Wed midfield.

3/10.

That good ? - was responsible for the goal apart from numerous other xxxx ups to which you refer. Not surprised he has not been an automatic starter for the first team !

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Very poor today one of several first team choices whose approach to today's game was appalling given people paid to attend. Webster was another.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And the 8 matches where Stephens was brilliant in his role. Sssshhh, let’s sweep those under the carpet

Get your broom out. This is going to be a long hard defence for you, BG and the other members of his fan-club tonight.

His confidence looks shot. Is that the effect of resting him? I wanted him to start against Chelsea but he’ll be lucky to start another game for a while after that showing.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I’m just back from the game and it’s really hard to describe how bad he was.

It was his mistake which gave away the free kick and his mistake which led to Button’s save at the end of the first half. I honestly lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away and he slowed us down chronically when we were going forward.

That was right up there with all time poor performances I’ve seen from Albion players at the Amex......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The sooner he gets replaced the better no drive no idea no goals sideways backwards fouls gifting them free kicks putting them in on goal thanx the the championship years but not good enough for prem . Pop off to Burnley happy to drive u there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Get your broom out. This is going to be a long hard defence for you, BG and the other members of his fan-club tonight.

His confidence looks shot. Is that the effect of resting him? I wanted him to start against Chelsea but he’ll be lucky to start another game for a while after that showing.

Yep, he was crap. Radio Sussex and 5Live also thought that Bong and Bissouma were shockingly poor. Their summaries - Maupay was the only player who showed desire, attitude, who cared. Uncreative from the off, embarrassed by Championship opposition in our own stadium. Disgraceful performance by Stephens and 8 other outfield players.

As with the Villa match, I genuinely feel for the loyal punters who paid and optimistically turned up expecting a cup performance and win.

Short changed, robbed, pathetic.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As with the Villa match, I genuinely feel for the loyal punters who paid and optimistically turned up expecting a cup performance and win.

Worrying pattern in cup games.

Let’s hope Potterball is better suited to them next season. The likes of Balogun, Bong & Schelotto might not get in another squad again this season but they know who to blame.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Worrying pattern in cup games.

Let’s hope Potterball is better suited to them next season. The likes of Balogun, Bong & Schelotto might not get in another squad again this season but they know who to blame.

Bong and Balogun may have played their last game. Much strengthening to do in summer, but will we be in the PL?

Behind the class of Mooy, Maupay, Alzate and a few others, the squad is wafer thin in terms of true quality.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Bong and Balogun may have played their last game. Much strengthening to do in summer, but will we be in the PL?

Behind the class of Mooy, Maupay, Alzate and a few others, the squad is wafer thin in terms of true quality.

In the summer? We need bloody strengthening now
At the end of the game we had one player who has not been part of our match day squad, that was Button

We had our Premier league strike force on for the second half and we looked toothless

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Actually can't stand Stephens and never have. I'll get flamed for it but don't care. Very rare I ever hear a good word about him from any fans.

Boring sideways player who slow the whole game down and gets in the way.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Boring sideways player who slow the whole game down and gets in the way.

But that’s because you don’t really understand football. It’s the same thing people that slag off Jordan Henderson say.

He is in a bad patch of form agreed, but his role is very much required in a team - as his long service for us has shown.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the summer? We need bloody strengthening now
At the end of the game we had one player who has not been part of our match day squad, that was Button

We had our Premier league strike force on for the second half and we looked toothless

I totally agree.

But I can just imagine the poker player of a Chairman and our cerebral head coach, deciding we have an absolutely marvellous 25 man squad. Rather than be ripped off this month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here