Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Ultra's" are killing the atmosphere

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Whoever the fans to the right hand side were who thought that
a) singing "You're just a small town in Villa" (genuinely the least funny chant ever!)
b) singing "fanny like a bucket" to a woman who'd not done anything (and in fact was related to Marcos Painter)

were an embarrassement yesterday.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Part of the reason there is such a divide is down to the ultras response to criticism. This thread is another prime example of their inability to take comments on board constructively. You might find people may take you more seriously if you try and respond in an articulate manner instead of calling people witty names like 'cockface'.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I did notice at Millwall there wasn't as much singing as recent years, but I don't think that is too much of a problem. After all we go to watch the football don't we, not spend our time singing non stop for no real reason.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Part of the reason there is such a divide is down to the ultras response to criticism. This thread is another prime example of their inability to take comments on board constructively. You might find people may take you more seriously if you try and respond in an articulate manner instead of calling people witty names like 'cockface'.

Where have we done that? Captain Sensible did reply in such a manner to KS but there is a long history of lies from KS. Every other response has been reasoned and respectful as far as I can see.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Stick to this and EVERYONE will be happy!:

All the lads should've seen us coming
Everyone was blue and white
Everyone was running
All the lads and lasses
All with smiling faces
Going down Old Shoreham Road
To see the Brighton Aces

No they won't, it was far too fast yesterday.

Last edited:

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Where have we done that? Captain Sensible did reply in such a manner to KS but there is a long history of lies from KS. Every other response has been reasoned and respectful as far as I can see.

I could be wrong but didn't he call RRH a cockface? I can't be arsed to go back and read but I don't recall being called a cockface in this thread.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Many people, on both 'sides' have just received infractions for this particular work of art. One of these infractions has triggered a ban.

If you don't agree with something posted, responding with a tirade of abuse is likely to see you receive similar. And multiple infractions equals an automatic ban.

Ignore and/or report the bad stuff please.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Look I used the term c0ckface last night. It was a bit harsh but I'd had a drink or two and just didn't get why the op started this pathetic thread. I knew it would trigger the usual anti NSK, happy clappers, songs brigade to kick off again. I must admit I forgot I posted on this thread until an infraction arrived. I stand by my comments but the term was a bit strong and I'd edit it of I could but can't.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Also I'm gonna stay off these threads from now on if I can help it. They are pointless. I think using the term cockface isn't as bad as claiming the NSK has links to the EDL!! What is KS on??

Dandyman

In London village.
If there is one thing more boring than the 1,001 threads suggesting new songs it is the 101 threads criticising the NSK*.

If people want form a little club to make some noise then great, they aren't doing any harm, but a majority of fans just want to turn up to watch a match and chant/shout when the mood takes them without having to be a card carrying member of the Tufty club.

They don't deserve the obsession the OP has, but just because me or anyone else at a match doesn't want to sing Greek Basketball songs for 90 minutes doesn't make us a lesser fan.

* I am aware of the irony that this is in fact a moan.

Tufy is a LEGEND.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
yeah, probably worth an "infraction', I only registered on here really because of how much this annoys me. Surely all everyone wants is a noisy Albion crowd? It just spectacular grates me to see the way the atmosphere has fallen away, and how now we're left with people trying to force long, complicated songs on our support while singing everything else at 100mph.

I'll try and wind my neck in in future rather than post on a saturday evening all beered up.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where I was yesterday, I heard two groups of people mainly leading the singing. I was roughly in the middle of them.

I'm trying for the life of me to work out how having two loud groups of singers can possibly be BAD for atmosphere? I thought it was good yesterday, especially in the second half.

The only songs that do my head in, whoever sings them, are

-You're just a small town in xxxxxx
-We forgot that you were here
-Worst support we're ever seen
-I wanna go home (xxx is a shithole)

All of which are tedious, patently untrue and utterly devoid of any wit or inspiration whatsoever, not to mention generating a massive "meh" from the opposition. If anyone seriously thinks they cause the other team's fans anything other than a giant, bored shrug, they're sadly mistaken.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PS there was a genuinely good, slowed down version of GOSBTS at St Andrews, from the group to the right of the away end (as you look at the pitch). Don't know which group that was but who cares, it was great and almost, almost caught on more widely. I think we're getting there.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
The only songs that do my head in, whoever sings them, are

-You're just a small town in xxxxxx
-We forgot that you were here
-Worst support we're ever seen
-I wanna go home (xxx is a shithole)

All of which are tedious, patently untrue and utterly devoid of any wit or inspiration whatsoever, not to mention generating a massive "meh" from the opposition. If anyone seriously thinks they cause the other team's fans anything other than a giant, bored shrug, they're sadly mistaken.

Correct, "You're just a small town in Villa" probably being the worst one i've ever heard.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Correct, "You're just a small town in Villa" probably being the worst one i've ever heard.

If there's one thing worse than a shit song, it's a shit, wrong song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here