Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Stone Roses

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Saw them at Heaton Park last year. Ian Browns vocals were awful. Hope he's had some singing lessons since then. Luckily it was just a massive crowd singalong, so he was kind if drowned out. Awesome day.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Saw them at Heaton Park last year and Ian's voice was terrible - put me off going this year even though I was tempted. Enjoy if you're going but don't expect the vocals to be great.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw them in the 90s and have also seen Ian Brown solo, boy can he not sing.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Not going, but taking part in the Nightrider 100km cycle ride starting at Alexandra Palace at 11.15 on Saturday night. Hope the concert goers don't get in my way!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
7 of us going tomorrow! Saw them in Manchester last year, great day out - although nearly missed the coach home at one in the morning - was far too smashed and wondering around some woods!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm off there tonight. Strangely, I'm not that excited. Was when I bought the tickets, but I have sort of lost a bit of interest.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Seems like a lot of us going Saturday I will be there with 4 mates, someone doing an Albion banner?????
The support for their Scottish gig is Jake Bugg & Primal Scream & tomorrow night main support is PIL, shite & not inkeeping
with the music of the roses, I thought it would be Noel Gallagher or Weller.....never mind few beers in the sun then go &
watch Miles Kane......for those going tomoz the stage times are apparantly:
Miles kane: 5.15-5.50.
Johnny Marr: 6.15-6.55
PIL: 7.20-8.05
ROSES: 8.40 & the curfew is 10.30pm.
All about the Roses gonna be massive!!!!

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
Seems like a lot of us going Saturday I will be there with 4 mates, someone doing an Albion banner?????
The support for their Scottish gig is Jake Bugg & Primal Scream & tomorrow night main support is PIL, shite & not inkeeping
with the music of the roses, I thought it would be Noel Gallagher or Weller.....never mind few beers in the sun then go &

Support today much more in keeping with roses, dizzee, rudimental etc

as has been mentioned, spike island was gary clail and mc tunes

anyway as you say it really is just about the roses - I love primal scream but at heaton park barely cared

when that adored bass line comes in......man that is some special sh1t

I am 36 and the roses ARE my beatles, clash, smiths - I know lots of older mates who just dont get it which is fine

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Better support than Dizzee and the Courteneers, but as you say, all about the Roses.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Saw them in the 90s and have also seen Ian Brown solo, boy can he not sing.

My god you are right.

Just back from tonight's performance. My advice if you are going tomorrow is to get there early and sell your ticket to a tout. Worst gig I have ever seen.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Went to the Komedia tonight to see the Shane Meadows documentary. Absolutely awesome, would recommend it to any Roses fan.

As for live performances. Saw them in Brighton in '95, my worst gig ever. Ian Brown can't sing a note. The band should be much tighter tomorrow but Ian Brown will always disappoint

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My god you are right.

Just back from tonight's performance. My advice if you are going tomorrow is to get there early and sell your ticket to a tout. Worst gig I have ever seen.

I just got back - didn't know you were going, Hamilton. And how did you get back so early?

Now...Ian Brown is not a good singer, but that barely mattered, as he was drowned out by the crowd anyway. And when you've got Reni on drums, Mani on bass and John Squire on guitar, this is enough to make Ian's vocal difficulties unimportant.

Hamilton, from your earlier post it would seem that you went with a negative attitude in the first place. I had a great time, and it was fantastic to see them again, especially with such a celebratory atmosphere. The songs are still great, and they played them brilliantly. Resurrection, Breaking into Heaven, Made of Stone and This is the One were particular highlights, but bar a couple of odd song choices early on, most of it was hugely enjoyable.

So my advice if you're going tomorrow is to disregard Hamilton's advice!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My god you are right.

Anyone who saw them at Reading in 1996 (just google 'worst festival gig ever') would have told you that! Told peeps buying tickets for these gigs how terrible they were back then, particularly Ian Brown's vocals... but would they listen? Not a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here