Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Specials or Madness

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The Specials

By a country mile.

Saw Madness at the Centre, or possibly Top Rank, in the late 90's/early noughties just before Christmas. It was one of those "..got a spare ticket if you are interested...." gigs as they were not one of the bands who I was really interested in seeing.

Being Christmas the audience were very jolly and there was much fancy dress in evidence of shorts and solar helmet. Lights went down, "....hey you don't watch that that this...." boomed out, flash bombs flashed and we were treated to a good 90+' of pure good natured nuttiness with the pre Christmas crowd going happily wild. One of the great "pop" bands.

One of the best gigs I attended, up there with Thin Lizzy, Paul Weller solo and The Boss at Earl's Court.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Saw Madness at the Centre, or possibly Top Rank, in the late 90's/early noughties just before Christmas. It was one of those "..got a spare ticket if you are interested...." gigs as they were not one of the bands who I was really interested in seeing.

Being Christmas the audience were very jolly and there was much fancy dress in evidence of shorts and solar helmet. Lights went down, "....hey you don't watch that that this...." boomed out, flash bombs flashed and we were treated to a good 90+' of pure good natured nuttiness with the pre Christmas crowd going happily wild. One of the great "pop" bands.

One of the best gigs I attended, up there with Thin Lizzy, Paul Weller solo and The Boss at Earl's Court.
Is that the one where the did Night-boat to Cairo in the form of a conga through the main auditorium standing area with water guns?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That’s surprising of you as I remember both of us being madness fans along with Ian h.
We were, big time! I still have all the records. . . But as we grew up our tastes expanded . .The Jam as well for example.
I think we all quite liked Jo Boxers as well!

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
We were, big time! I still have all the records. . . But as we grew up our tastes expanded . .The Jam as well for example.
I think we all quite liked Jo Boxers as well!
I lost all my singles and I have no idea where they went. I still have all the original albums though. Blimey jo boxers forgot about them didn’t they have one hit boxerbeat? Liked the jam have there greatest hits album still. I wonder if there worth anything not that I would sell.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Down hill?

Yes.

If I rate the first album the best, then the second album the second best and the third album average then it is a downward trend for me in the quality of album they put out.

Horace even said he found More Specials inferior to The Specials. Once the Fun Boy Three had left the band just wasn't the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here