The Slave trade has been a benefit to Blacks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
it's no coincidence to me that PSB is one of the very few on my ignore list, when he starts shite like this....:tosser:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I see what you mean I just happen to disagree that it would have had such an extensive effect as Jonson is suggesting.

Michael Johnson. Good at running. Not so good at science. Who'd have thunk?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The Slave trade has been a benefit to Blacks ...but absolutely crucial to the development, and wealth of countries such as Great Britain, Spain, Netherlands, Portugal and the USA.

EFA

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
None really, ...was just adding to the ridiculous notion...trying to make the point, badly, that white people benefitted FAR more from slavery than any poor victim of slavery did.

Didnt something like 90% die during transportation?..guess the benefit was for the survivors who only endured back breaking lives mit regular thrashings.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
None really, ...was just adding to the ridiculous notion...trying to make the point, badly, that white people benefitted FAR more from slavery than any poor victim of slavery did.

Didnt something like 90% die during transportation?..guess the benefit was for the survivors who only endured back breaking lives mit regular thrashings.
Of course it wasnt any benefit to the poor sods sold into slavery, what about the people that sold them to the white slavers though?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They benefitted from the beads and mirrors I guess they got in return....I know its fashionable to blame the Ashanti, and Arab slave traders, but if theres a market, then there will be sellers, and Im pretty sure who got the best deals..

Loads of Irish were slaves and taken to Africa as well... Whole villages taken from the coast.....I think some were even taken from the American coastal places, and a governer was captured and shipped off as well..
shit all round..
Sort of disappointing slavery still goes on to this day..

Last edited:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
The Slave trade has been a benefit to Blacks ...but absolutely crucial to the development, and wealth of countries such as Great Britain, Spain, Netherlands, Portugal and the USA.

EFA

On the latter point it is interesting how the current european crisis may be making those colonial links vital. With portugal up shit creek and Brazil starting to boom, many portuguese are going to Brazil to try and land jobs. You'd expect the same to be happening with Spain and some of the richer parts of South America.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
They benefitted from the beads and mirrors I guess they got in return....I know its fashionable to blame the Ashanti, and Arab slave traders, but if theres a market, then there will be sellers, and Im pretty sure who got the best deals..Loads of Irish were slaves and taken to Africa as well... Whole villages taken from the coast.....I think some were even taken from the American coastal places, and a governer was captured and shipped off as well..
shit all round..
Sort of disappointing slavery still goes on to this day..

Does that make it ok then ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
On the latter point it is interesting how the current european crisis may be making those colonial links vital. With portugal up shit creek and Brazil starting to boom, many portuguese are going to Brazil to try and land jobs. You'd expect the same to be happening with Spain and some of the richer parts of South America.
Are there any? I thought Brazil was the only one booming, maybe chile , but it's hardly got the room or infrastructure to take an influx of immigrants , and Argentina is definitely up shit creek.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Of course it doesnt make it ok Bushy, but there was a slave trade on the Arab side, but it sort of mushroomed when they realised they could get a load of money and goods from the British, Portugues etc..or are you saying the slave trade was a similer size before the western nations joined in?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Are there any? I thought Brazil was the only one booming, maybe chile , but it's hardly got the room or infrastructure to take an influx of immigrants , and Argentina is definitely up shit creek.

Not sure - I spoke to a friend from Ecuador who thought that they and Uruaguay may be doing well. Spain has a third of the unemployed in the Eurozone currently, so it may be an option for some, though you're right it may be much more the case for the Portuguese with Brazil.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Kumquat...Didnt I hear on Sky News this morning about loads of Greeks heading to UK?

You may have done. I certainly heard that a few weeks back. Interestingly a lot of rich ones apparently too. Presumably trying to escape the hatred!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Of course it doesnt make it ok Bushy, but there was a slave trade on the Arab side, but it sort of mushroomed when they realised they could get a load of money and goods from the British, Portugues etc..or are you saying the slave trade was a similer size before the western nations joined in?
No, not at all, only that a sizeable proportion of african slaves, were sold into slavery by other africans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports