Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Royal Mail are useless pr*cks - discuss

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
I work for Royal Mail at Christmas and I cannot believe how people, A)leave off post codes,B) leave off town names,C) use tiny envelopes which clog up the machines and are difficult to process,D) business envelopes which hide the addreass and lastly peoples handwriting which is very difficult to read.
You idiots, you have'nt got a f***ing clue. Stop wingeing, the personnel are like yourself just working class people, trying to do a job.
NOBS

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I work for Royal Mail at Christmas and I cannot believe how people, A)leave off post codes,B) leave off town names,C) use tiny envelopes which clog up the machines and are difficult to process,D) business envelopes which hide the addreass and lastly peoples handwriting which is very difficult to read.
You idiots, you have'nt got a f***ing clue. Stop wingeing, the personnel are like yourself just working class people, trying to do a job.
NOBS

Do you work in Customer Relations?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
NOBS

How does any of that ensure a postman drops a trail of elestic bands?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NOBS

Do you work in Customer Relations?

No obvious spelling mistakes, so no.
Terribly laid out and presented, I'd go for management.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I'm waiting on a CD that was posted from Surrey on Wednesday the 8th December and also a trumpet mute that was posted from New Zealand on the 10th November......someones Xmas is going to be crap!

Mine would be if I got a f*&king trumpet mute as a present.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
NOBS

Well done Baldisabeaut saved me saying it. :laugh:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
i use ebay all the time and have bought/sold over 1000 items. never had one go missing (so probably over due tbh). one was delayed (took 3 weeks) because it was Recorded Delivery (which is a waste of time and a service RM hate but have to provide apparently).

3 items i've ordered off amazon never arrived or were delivered to the wrong address. all small non-RM delivery companies, which took ages to track down items and could only redeliver when i was at work - didn't offer the chance to collect at the depot like RM do.

so, i can't knock 'em and i bet you it is a far superior service than that offered in most european countries.

my biggest pet hate is going to the postoffice and having to listen to them offer me phone credit/ a new credit card/a new phone provider etc etc........ if i wanted it, i'd have bloody asked for it! just shut up and stop wasting my time!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well done Baldisabeaut saved me saying it. :laugh:

Don't tell me you're a postie too?
If you can't even get the username of the poster you choose quote correct, when it is written in black and white, what chance has anyone expecting a letter got? :facepalm:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
cricket related joke, aussie = beaut you total twat. :wozza: :dunce:

Counting my christmas tips tells me how well I do my job. There are quite a few. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

NOBS

I have been a postie and can honestly say they have there fair share of Knobs i would probably say that about 30% care and the others don't give a shit about there work mind you that probably goes across alot of jobs nowadays.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Counting my christmas tips tells me how well I do my job. There are quite a few. :thumbsup:
Good luck with that, you know how hated we are on here.

The thing is, people, you might not like your level of service now, but I can assure you, it might not be as good as it was, but it will never again be as good as it is now.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I must say I think I am quite lucky working in a smaller Royal Mail office.But yes like any other business,we have got a few.Who don't seem to care as much.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Yes thanks stat.Don't normally bite.But after working 15 hours,a bit tired.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have been a postie and can honestly say they have there fair share of Knobs i would probably say that about 30% care and the others don't give a shit about there work mind you that probably goes across alot of jobs nowadays.

Don't think its as low as 30% mate.............bout 95% in our office and on a personal note i bend over backwards for my customers ( get ready for sexual innuendo's)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't think its as low as 30% mate.............bout 95% in our office and on a personal note i bend over backwards for my customers ( get ready for sexual innuendo's)
Personally I'd say you should split the difference, and you'd be right.

I would love to work in a positive office, as it's a cracking job which I love.
Some people just don't know when they are on to a good thing.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Name the 5%!!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Personally I'd say you should split the difference, and you'd be right.

I would love to work in a positive office, as it's a cracking job which I love.
Some people just don't know when they are on to a good thing.

Yes agreed Statto, i am lucky and work in a small office and staff turn over is very small.............although lately the Post Office have completely changed direction with workers relation's and rights and overall the job is not as nice as it used to be.........now treated just as a number and told you are lucky to have a job ect ect. True enough but the "personal touch" with customers is slowly being eroded to satisfy efficiency targets and increased competition.............will all end in tears with customers yearning for the Royal Mail of old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here