Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Royal Mail are useless pr*cks - discuss

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
and not just because theyre taking three weeks to deliver a f*cking CD. My postman always puts next doors post through my letter box even though it clearly states the door number on the letter.

A while ago we had a package not intended for us because the label had fallen off and the nobs stuck in back on a different package.

Absolultely incredibly useless. Sent my dad a birthday card two days before the day; it took a week to get there. Just had a 'signed for' letter delivered from Luxembourg; it was processed by the Luxembourg post authority on 3rd December, by Royal Mail on the 17th. I know that the service has been declining slowly for a while now (to the stage where first class post cannot be trusted to get there next day) but there does seem to have been a dramatic drop off in the last couple of months, even allowing for the bad weather.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
and not just because theyre taking three weeks to deliver a f*cking CD. My postman always puts next doors post through my letter box even though it clearly states the door number on the letter.

A while ago we had a package not intended for us because the label had fallen off and the nobs stuck in back on a different package.
I only rely on the Royal Mail to ensure my bills and statements arrive on time, for everything else I go to the shops and buy it!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Useless. I ordered a football - and the postman delivered it this morning with this cheery wave - and they had lost all the flamin' packaging.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Agreed... Got left a "sorry you were out" card whilst at work.... Gets home at 5:30, pick it up, look at the back of the card, it said "your parcel will be read for collection 3 hours from attempted delivery", turn the card over attempted to deliver at 0900. So go to the sorting office at 6:15, hand the card over and this drip of a postman goes "not here".....
Me - What do you mean not here?
Postie - We haven't received the returns back
Me - But its says 3 hours from attempted delivery
Postie - Oh they keep on doing that

WELL f***ing TELL THEM NOT TOO..... TWAT

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Ours seems to think the front path is his personal litter bin.

Rubber bands, All sorts dropped all over the path.

Oh and if they leave parcels with our neighbours its either the Portugese family who speak no English or the aggresive chavs who make you feel as if you've wronged them for asking for your f***ing property.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
It's not just Royal Mail, they are f***ing useless here in Austria too. One delivery per day which normally comes at around 3pm, no deliveries at all on Saturday and practically everything is late and things often go missing. I f***ing hate them and their spazzy yellow post offices and uniforms.
Austrians have all the bad traits of the Germans but without any of the efficiency and work ethic.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I live in between the post sorting office and a fire station.

I get mail for the fire station clearly addressed to 'The Fire Brigade'.

Now if it isnt enough that the postperson must walk past the fire station every day and think 'Oh theres a fire station', when they put the mail through my door dont they think 'This is a shit fire station, it hasnt got any fire engines, any of those big doors or a tower thing to practice on. The place next door would be far more suitable, but this must be the place'.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Now if it isnt enough that the postperson must walk past the fire station every day and think 'Oh theres a fire station', when they put the mail through my door dont they think 'This is a shit fire station, it hasnt got any fire engines, any of those big doors or a tower thing to practice on. The place next door would be far more suitable, but this must be the place'.

You live in a Fire Station ? Wow.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Bought a game last Thursday on Amazon.
Estimated delivery date: 13th of Dec
It still hasn't come.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bought a game last Thursday on Amazon.
Estimated delivery date: 13th of Dec
It still hasn't come.

Have you tried all the houses on your street? It's bound to be at one of them

I had a letter from my f***ing useless postman the other month.

If was addressed to
Mrs A
30 X road
Omagh
County Omagh
Belfast
Northern Ireland

A Mrs - I'm Mr and the name was wrong.
The road was not the same name as the road I live on.
The town was not the town I live in - I live in Reading
The county was not the county I live in - I live in Berkshire
The country/principality was not the one I live in - I live in England not NI.

The f***ing useless twat managed to get the house number correct but every other thing was wrong. And it'snot the first time the thick wanker has managed to do similar. I've had exam papers that were supposed to go to a marker in Newbury. I've had share certificates of mine delivered to a house down the road, number 38 instead of 30.

The guy is a complete f***ing useless tosser, and I've written to the head of reading sorting office more than once telling him.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I might be wrong, but I believe that now someone in the sorting office bundles together letters for each house(red elastic bands) and the postie will put the lot through your door, if there is one with the wrong addressee sandwiched in between the thats were the problem arises.

It as the only mail I got that day. The useless wanker spends all his time talking on his f***ing mobile phone and not actually concentrating on his job, that's why I got mail addressed to Northern Ireland instead of mail addressed to Reading.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Their tracking service is cracking though......

Come back later.

"The sender has advised us that item FJxxxxxxxxxGB will be posted into the Royal Mail network on the 2010-12-08."

Thanks.For.That.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here