Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Royal Mail are useless pr*cks - discuss

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Reluctantly have to agree, I bought a bit of diving kit off a bloke and he sent it Special Delivery so I could track it. It went from being "out for delivery" to "we could not deliver the item" which was crap because I'd been in all the time. No card left either. I went to the collection office and they said it was returned address unknown. They are supposed to hold SD items for a week before doing this but nope, it had gone. Cnuts

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Where I lived in Charlton, you would regularly see postmen drop in a card without bothering to knock on the door. Don't get me started on dropping hundreds of red elastic bands on a daily basis.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Controversially, I haven't had too many problems with Royal Mail - well not until the past week anyway. It seems that everybody I know is waiting anxiously on their internet/home delivery shopping to arrive and it's taking ages.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
I'm waiting on a CD that was posted from Surrey on Wednesday the 8th December and also a trumpet mute that was posted from New Zealand on the 10th November......someones Xmas is going to be crap!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Controversially, myself and the Mrs did ALL our Christmas shopping this year the old fashioned way and tbf I'm feeling fairly smug at the moment listening to the whining in my office about lack of delivery yet!!!

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Don't know what you're all moaning about, my postie even cooks and cleans, and today he bought me some flowers. Top service Royal Mail. :thumbsup:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Bought a game last Thursday on Amazon.
Estimated delivery date: 13th of Dec
It still hasn't come.

That is Amazons estimated delivery date!

I sell alot of records through my web site and ebay and I have to say I have only had 2 items go missing in 10 years.

Just my opinion but I think for the amount we pay they are pretty good. Sent a parcel 1st class to Northern Ireland last Wednesday. Arrived Thursday.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Don't know what you're all moaning about, my postie even cooks and cleans, and today he bought me some flowers. Top service Royal Mail. :thumbsup:

I daresay you pay more than 39p for that kind of service...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Reluctantly have to agree, I bought a bit of diving kit off a bloke and he sent it Special Delivery so I could track it. It went from being "out for delivery" to "we could not deliver the item" which was crap because I'd been in all the time. No card left either. I went to the collection office and they said it was returned address unknown. They are supposed to hold SD items for a week before doing this but nope, it had gone. Cnuts

That's terrible. Sue them! :angry:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I've honestly never had a problem with Royal Mail but there you go. I tend not to buy anything off the internet anyway as I prefer to be able to just go and get it from the shops.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I live in between the post sorting office and a fire station.

I get mail for the fire station clearly addressed to 'The Fire Brigade'.

Now if it isnt enough that the postperson must walk past the fire station every day and think 'Oh theres a fire station', when they put the mail through my door dont they think 'This is a shit fire station, it hasnt got any fire engines, any of those big doors or a tower thing to practice on. The place next door would be far more suitable, but this must be the place'.
:lol:

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
A lot of these other new delivery firms are having problems and if you think Royal Mail aren't up to scratch these new ones are abysmal,
Royal Mail get bad press sometimes but its not their fault most times, ok you have the odd bad apple postman but most are sound.
A lot of compasnies order through the new delivery firms but they get Royal mail to deliver the last mile and the postman gets the flack for a late packet when it is neither the postmen or Royal Mails fault. We get blamed for late bank statements when they are outsourced and then given back to RM at 2p an item to deliver

A lot of these other new delivery firms are having problems and if you think Royal Mail aren't up to scratch these new ones are abysmal,
Royal Mail get bad press sometimes but its not their fault most times, ok you have the odd bad apple postman but most are sound.
A lot of compasnies order through the new delivery firms but they get Royal mail to deliver the last mile and the postman gets the flack for a late packet when it is neither the postmen or Royal Mails fault. We get blamed for late bank statements when they are outsourced and then given back to RM at 2p an item to deliver

They 'dont get royal mail to deliver the last mile'. By law royal mail have the delivery of the last mile of all post of a certain kind. Such as letters and the like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here