The Royal Mail are useless pr*cks - discuss

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From signing the deal, we lost household money, an average of £40 a month.
We lost the capacity to earn more with as the household quantities being expanded, a further £40 (ish).
We still gain by being paid the lesser amount 52 weeks of the year, but households only stopped for xmas week.

Reduced to 39 hours a week, but that just equates 1 less hour to do the work we did in 40 hours.
Later starting/finishing time, inc Saturday.

Apparently 3 to 4 Saturdays off is only an option if it can be managed within the office, & guess what, it's not.

Loss of bikes, again pushed through by Union on H&S grounds, you find me a postie happy with that.

I'm sure there must be people who have gained, but it certainly isn't the core (delivery staff) of the work force.

To be honest it's at a point now when I'd rather management did bypass the Union as at least then we would all know who's at 'fault' and would all be able to work with or DOM, instead of having to go through an argumentative lazy self serving union rep who, along with there acolytes will come out of all of this still abusing the system and doing nothing positive for the company.
I do still very much enjoy my job, but just wish management and the union would stop trying to fudge every issue 'in my best interest', when all they are trying to do is score points off each other, screwing me over in the process.

Last edited:

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Im on a 32 hour 4 day week and with only 8 others at my office the same as me it is going to be a problem because they have reduced the duties.
Meaning that 2 postrmen will have to do 32 hours over 5 day not 4 for the same money , coming in at 8am instead of 6.15am.
Can they do this if they are contrated to work 4 days at 8 hours =32hours?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Biggest Balls up of all time.Coming to a office near you.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
BBC SOUTH....Today announced that a soldier on his way to war(WW1),posted a card to his sister asking her to write to him....it was delivered...94 YEARS LATER....His grandchild said it was older than him!! I'm sure it was a one off! unless of course you know different,

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Twice in the last couple of weeks I have had a RM card advising me that A small package could not be delivered because it was too big for the letterbox,which in fact is a decent size, no effort to leave with my next door neighbours.
I made a trip into town to collect the first one but not happy at the queue which suggests that posties are posting a hell of a lot of cards regarding non-delivery.
I tried phoning on the second occassion to arrange a date i would be able to accept the package however the automatic answering system could not put me through to a person, I could only give my name and address so I have no idea when redelivery will take place which means yet another card and further delay.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
If Postmen tried neighbours for every packet we couldnt deliver we would still be delivering at teatime.
Regarding the queue at the mail office , yes we are leaving lots of dockets because nobody is in.
Do you think we like filling dockets in?? why order online if your never going to be in.
Better still why dont you get it delivered to someone in your street who is in and then you wont have this problem.

Strikerdes

Sep 2, 2011
I think it's disgusting that people assume everyone in this company are shit, Just because you have a few problems with you're local RM, it doesn't mean you can cast blame on every royal mail worker.

I'll admit, sometimes royal mail get under my skin, for example just bought a playstation 3 for £146 and the royal mail have no idea where it is, also my passport I had to buy cost over £120 and they lost that, it's damn right disgusting, but that's just the royal mail workers by me, all of them are rude, grumpy, patronising, did I say rude already lol? But those who are willing to go out in all weathers and do their job for us as well as they truly can need to be respected, not bashed by a load of people sitting behind computer screens. Rant over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports