Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Makes me weep. Some, perhaps a lot, are ex-services too. Most are harmless. One chap pitched up near the bus stop across from me. It was very messy, but I didn't see him as a threat. I just saw myself wondering what happened and how difficult his life must be.

I don't think I'd trust this woman with a daddy long legs, I think she'd pull them off for fun.
Yesterday I got absolutely fekkin' soaked in that crazy downpour lunchtime. I spent the rest of the day trying to dry myself, my clothes, my bags, my footwear out. When I read about this news item I was furious. Nobody would choose to pitch a tent on a wet, dirty pavement. That woman is pure evil.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh goody! Another Government bashing thread (although TBH this awful woman is in this instance talking out of her arse).

I believe that this thread is about Suella Braverman's decision regarding the use of tents by the homeless, but if you feel there are too many threads on NSC 'bashing' this Government, maybe you should start one singing the praises of your chosen Government and pointing out what they have done well :shrug:

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh goody! Another Government bashing thread (although TBH this awful woman is in this instance talking out of her arse).
If you don't want to be repeatedly reminded that the people that you voted for are lying, venal, idiotic, incompetent cockroaches with the humanity of Attila the Hun you can always ignore the thread.

that sums up the Tories approach to housing policy and complete lack of understanding of the basic issues and causes of homeless. They had the perfect opportunity to develop new ideas to help street homeless and break it for good when they swept everyone off the streets at the first covid lockdown. Yes it was difficult to get properties and provide support but it worked and fair play to those areas that kept the accommodation and support staff on after the Govt ended lockdown. But then its not a vote winner.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Hate to disagree with so many of you, but she is absolutely correct. Tents adorning our city centres are a disgusting and should be removed the moment they appear. There are places which help the homeless. There is no need for them to be living in tents in our cities. And if it's their choice to live in a tent, then erect in some industrial park. By the way, I'm a bit right wing.
Is absolutely correct, enough for you? You have an opinion on this. Who would you expect to actually do something about it? After 13 years of saying all the right things about stopping immigration and stopping the boats, what exactly has the government delivered, aside from a few soundbites you can feel good about?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I bet all the folk who like a camping holiday are going to go bananas

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Some ignorant prick will be along in a minute to suggest that suicide is a lifestyle choice.
I can trump that, trapped on a delayed train I had to endure some twat with verbal diarrhoea who went on to announce that “people who commit suicide are selfish”.
At this point enough was enough and I just stood up and exclaimed something along the lines of “can you shut the f*** up people on this train are sick and tired of your voice!”
I won’t go all ‘Didn’t happen of the year award” and claim everyone clapped and cheered and helped themselves to a McFlurry, but the subsequent silence from the whole carriage, inc old big gob, satisfied me enough.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I believe that this thread is about Suella Braverman's decision regarding the use of tents by the homeless, but if you feel there are too many threads on NSC 'bashing' this Government, maybe you should start one singing the praises of your chosen Government and pointing out what they have done well :shrug:
IMG_2551.jpeg

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I don't enter into political discussion however it almost seems to me that Rishi knows he's going to be gone soon and so doesn't give a monkey's what his buddies come out with.
It's like they're resigned to the inevitable and so have given up.
How can the leader of any political party allow that tosh from one of his ministers.
I guess there must be some big money in it somewhere.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I don't enter into political discussion however it almost seems to me that Rishi knows he's going to be gone soon and so doesn't give a monkey's what his buddies come out with.
How can the leader of any political party allow that tosh from one of his ministers.
But is he? Here in Shoreham we live amongst "I can't vote anything but Blue" mentality fools, who won't look at what that approach is doing to this country. I can't abide people who say I can never vote anything but xxxx, rather than actually look at the state of things and what parties proposals are to resolve them, and base their voting on that. But I guess this is an age old issue....along with voter apathy, it needs to be mandatory to vote I believe. Better to spoil (which says something anyhow) rather than moan and not vote. Sadly Dim Tim will probably be returned around here, the Labour party in both recent attempts seem unable to turn the tide...

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Exactly..yet more soundbite politics for the hard of thinking, spewed from a government convulsing in its death throes. Desperate.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Braverman is pitching to the Tory faithful that she is the one to lead the party once Rishi gets booted out of No.10.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Vile vile vile. Actual living thinking human beings still vote for these thunderc**ts. I find that incomprehensible.
Yeah, but imagine how worse it would be under 'the other lot'.
Braverman has somehow made me miss Priti Patel.

She's that much of a ****.
Too right. The war on counter terrorism has suffered sine she was sidelined.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cruella mentioned them - you know, the person mentioned in the thread title. Why so defensive? "Get a grip" indeed. :)
You pulled me up for mentioning 'government' because it wasn't in the thread title. That was pretty pointless, so I kust gave you a virtual slap for mentioning something else not in the thread title. Geez! - why so defensive? :shrug:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I think Braverman is pitching to the Tory faithful that she is the one to lead the party once Rishi gets booted out of No.10.
Well, I don’t know about that, whatever the ‘Tory Faithful’ may or may not be, but she wouldn’t get anywhere near leading a Tory Party back to power. As I have said previously, to get into power, one mustn’t stray too far from the centre, whether you are Left or Right.
There are, I am sure, many decent Tory MP’s and voters who abhor this woman and all she stands for.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Braverman has somehow made me miss Priti Patel.

She's that much of a ****.
They Braverman and Patel both seem to be from the same ideological stable, albeit competing on who can appear the stronger to the Tory hard core.

I recall that Priti Patel once put forward the idea of a wave machine, designed to deter (and capsize) migrant boats. Yes, really. She later had to settle for sending asylum seekers to the safety of Rwanda for 'assessment'.

Now Braverman wants to ban tents for people on the streets, 'many of them from abroad'. So she is appealing to bigots and racists, and those ill-equipped to spot her agenda.

She and Patel are singing to a Tory choir who have completely lost the plot, so expect more of these jaw-dropping ideas in the run up to the election.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here