Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Perhaps you could become adept at changing the subject:

'Oh look, a squirrel !'
He'll only say its an immigrant one.

You've all already worked out he's a fan of Trump and Farage and he really hates woke. He moans about ULEZ despite never driving there and having a compliant vehicle anyway.

He's the ultimate 'I'm alright Jack'. For example queuing for passport checks in Europe, first comment, "that doesn't effect me because I'll never travel abroad again". You know how he voted.

He's easy to put right but it is so boring. The Mrs sees visiting as something that has to be done now as opposed to wanting to go.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

You've all already worked out he's a fan of Trump and Farage and he really hates woke. He moans about ULEZ despite never driving there and having a compliant vehicle anyway.

He's the ultimate 'I'm alright Jack'. For example queuing for passport checks in Europe, first comment, "that doesn't effect me because I'll never travel abroad again". You know how he voted.

He's easy to put right but it is so boring. The Mrs sees visiting as something that has to be done now as opposed to wanting to go.
That says it all. You're going to visit them on Christmas Day as it is something that has to be done.

It's no consolation, but I would suggest that is probably something that applies to many people up and down the country.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

You're a stronger man than me, Moto. I'm afraid that I would not be able to hold myself back, and there would have been huge family ructions by now. I would not be able to spend time in the same room as him.

I am aware that this is a failing in me.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ah man. I had to visit the in laws today.

It started off with sadness about Braverman's exit then it went even more mental.
  • Cameron is left wing.
  • Blair is pulling Labour's strings.
  • Life long tories but will vote reform next time.
  • Did not know about matrilineality in Judaism.
  • Had to have it explained that it was Tommy's lot that chalked up most arrest last weekend.
  • It is some sort of problem that Starmer's Mrs is Jewish.
In an ever dwindling group of GBNews viewers. You'll never guess what 'paper they read. Previously he was impressed with Truss before she became PM while saying he couldn't accept a non white PM.

Even my Mrs despairs at them. I used to feel like Alf Garnet's son in law, but at least Else Garnet wasn't a prat.

We have to spend crimbo day with them, I'll be hitting the booze about 10.30.am to numb the pain.
I would explore the issues of a UK politician having a Jewish spouse with them, before reminding them that Suellas husband is Jewish.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

It started off with sadness about Braverman's exit then it went even more mental.
  • Cameron is left wing.
  • Had to have it explained that it was Tommy's lot that chalked up most arrest last weekend.
In an ever dwindling group of GBNews viewers. You'll never guess what 'paper they read. Previously he was impressed with Truss before she became PM while saying he couldn't accept a non white PM.

Even my Mrs despairs at them. I used to feel like Alf Garnet's son in law, but at least Else Garnet wasn't a prat.

We have to spend crimbo day with them, I'll be hitting the booze about 10.30.am to numb the pain.
Well at least you know they’re 100% dreaming of a white Christmas.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014

• Cameron is left wing.

I did that once, starting on the Bucks Fizz about 0830 before we (my grown up children and me) went round for Christmas dinner. It did not end well but I thoroughly recommend it. Never been invited since!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would explore the issues of a UK politician having a Jewish spouse with them, before reminding them that Suellas husband is Jewish.
I would just get up and go, torching the place on the way out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Empathy for you friend. In my case, it's my parents. Is the Daily Express? Shocking. Stick in there - only involve yourself as much as you can bear - and when you can tell your truth calmly. Oh and be kind. There are plenty like them out there I'm afraid but some time in the next year....
It all depends whether they are merely dim, or nasty with it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

• Cameron is left wing.

Jesus. I wouldn’t go. I genuinely wouldn’t want my Xmas ruined by this bullshit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not if this has been posted elsewhere, but :clap2::clap2:

…also, @Bozza tweets are showing as ‘this tweet is unavailable’ but the link if clicked still works ?

Oh, that is superb! I missed the show last night, but know it was the awards night. Brilliant 👏🏽

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here