Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Right Honourable Suella Braverman. KC MP **Sacked 13/11**

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Talking to a bloke on the sea front and he decided he had enough of living in a house and signed everything over to his wife and took to the road.He is still local and I had a chat with him on Friday appreciate he is in the minority but for some it is a lifestyle choice.

Who wants a house with a roof, shower, sofa and radiators when you can enjoy the pavement under the stars?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Talking to a bloke on the sea front and he decided he had enough of living in a house and signed everything over to his wife and took to the road.He is still local and I had a chat with him on Friday appreciate he is in the minority but for some it is a lifestyle choice.
Yes, there are a few who choose to live on the streets. A very small minority who want to abdicate any responsibilities of bills, family etc. There’s a chap in Lewes who’s had loads of help from the locals including a flat but rejected it.
There are a few with drug habits who sell a brand new coat donated to them to fund their habit.

Then there are the majority who need help, homeless through no fault of their own.

Lou Macari has a homeless centre in Stoke where he just gets on with helping people.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It genuinely does seem she tries to say controversial things to see how far she can push it before she gets the boot. A truly horrible woman
It has been suggested that Braverman is positioning herself to be the darling of what will be left of the Conservative Party after the expected defeat. She's appealing to the hard right " fascist " rump that will remain in order to get the leadership. If she gets the boot by Sunak, that will only further enhance her credentials as a martyr.

Post General election Rishi isn't going to hang about on the opposite side of the house for a pittance when he's got mountains of cash to have fun with so he's' off .The Tories can't fight and win an election on their record over the last 13 years and so its going to be foreigners, migrants, woke, unemployed, and people on benefits that will be the target and sadly, they will still get 20-25% of the electorate that will lap up blaming and shaming these groups. Braverman has seen an opportunity and she's going to go for it now , the only thin hope is that, post GE, someone can emerge from the rubble with a veneer of credibility, a Soul and a genuine shift back to old style Caring Conservatives but I'm not holding my breath.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Vile vile vile. Actual living thinking human beings still vote for these thunderc**ts. I find that incomprehensible.
The fine people of Fareham gave her a 25,000 plus majority. Mind you, they have only ever had Tories so that doesn't say anything about her.

Will be interesting to see if there are any Tory voters with a conscience next time because, if there are, they cannot possibly vote for this disgrace of a human being.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Whatever our differences on ideas and tactics to achieve it, I believe most politicians across the spectrum genuinely do get into politics with an aim of making things better for someone (even if that someone is only themselves).

I don’t get that vibe from Braverman. She appears to be in it solely for the aim of making life worse for other people. She is, for me, the single worst person to ever hold high political office in this country on a human level. I struggle to think of anyone worse.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Surely she should now get an upgrade to the Far Right Honourable Suella Braverman KC MP?
Actually, I know how keen Tories are on people remaining with the gender they were assigned at birth. Let's extend it to names as she must be fuming that we aren't.

The Far Right Honourable Sue-Ellen Braverman KC MP

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Actually, I know how keen Tories are on people remaining with the gender they were assigned at birth. Let's extend it to names as she must be fuming that we aren't.

The Far Right Honourable Sue-Ellen Braverman KC MP
Named by her parents after a drunk woman in Dallas!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I don't overly worry about what Braverman says. Most of the time she does the square root of sod all. She sounds and acts like she is the alternative voice in the student union rather than the Home Secretary. She talks to police chiefs as if it wasn't for her reminding them of the job they are supposed to be doing, they would be spending all their time contemplating their pronouns and deciding which toilets were most appropriate for them to use.

For someone with a legal background, she appears to lack even a basic understanding of how legislation works. She isn't a fixer or a doer and for some reason her appeal as a right wing charismatic leader is extremely niche.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It has been suggested that Braverman is positioning herself to be the darling of what will be left of the Conservative Party after the expected defeat. She's appealing to the hard right " fascist " rump that will remain in order to get the leadership. If she gets the boot by Sunak, that will only further enhance her credentials as a martyr.

Post General election Rishi isn't going to hang about on the opposite side of the house for a pittance when he's got mountains of cash to have fun with so he's' off .The Tories can't fight and win an election on their record over the last 13 years and so its going to be foreigners, migrants, woke, unemployed, and people on benefits that will be the target and sadly, they will still get 20-25% of the electorate that will lap up blaming and shaming these groups. Braverman has seen an opportunity and she's going to go for it now , the only thin hope is that, post GE, someone can emerge from the rubble with a veneer of credibility, a Soul and a genuine shift back to old style Caring Conservatives but I'm not holding my breath.
There is no long term mileage in becoming the darling of the far right of the Conservative Party or for that matter the far left of the Labour Party. Thankfully it is the road to nowhere. She may try, but the Conservative Party will come to its collective senses during a long spell in Opposition and re-emerge as the centre right outfit under moderate leadership. There is no other way for a party to gain power in this country, left or right.
My own hope is for this dreadful woman to become a leading actor in horror movies and play out her fantasies in make believe, not in the Home Office!😱

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I don't overly worry about what Braverman says. Most of the time she does the square root of sod all. She sounds and acts like she is the alternative voice in the student union rather than the Home Secretary.
I remember her from when she *was* the alternative voice in the student union. She wasn't much fun then either...

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023

Agreed..it’s been done to death, but they’ve got eff all left in the tank from a meaningful policy point of view so repeatedly play the culture war cards, appealing to the swivel eyed, mouth frothing blame shifters who love this sort of pish. Notice the use of the word abroad.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Hate to disagree with so many of you, but she is absolutely correct. Tents adorning our city centres are a disgusting and should be removed the moment they appear. There are places which help the homeless. There is no need for them to be living in tents in our cities. And if it's their choice to live in a tent, then erect in some industrial park. By the way, I'm a bit right wing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well OK, just bashing then. Carry on. Much good will it do.

I still see it as a government bashing opportunity. No shortage of takers ..............

(....and this from one who doesn't think the sun shines out of their arse either).

If nobody ever said anything unless they were certain it would 'do' something nobody would ever say anything about anything, would they. And then we would end up like the Belgians. Or the Swiss.

I have a sense you're bored by politics. In which case just leave it to those of us who feel that talking about this appalling government is useful. Sighing at us at us won't do any good :wink: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree. A reasonable post. She's talking through her arse. There's nothing wrong with tents (though there is a whole lot wrong that people need to live in them). Still, this thread undoubtedly will (or has) become another place for NSC government bashing. It is what it is. It is NSC (or at least it is for a lot of NSCers).
Give it a rest, FFS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because you were nit-picking a stupid point. The Government wasn't mentioned in the thread title, neither were the homeless. What point are you trying to make by stupidly and pointlessly nit-picking?

Someone hacking your agenda?
FFS. What's got into you? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who wants a house with a roof, shower, sofa and radiators when you can enjoy the pavement under the stars?
Indeed. Lifestyle choice my arse. People sometimes do rash things under duress, particularly if their mental health is poor.

Some ignorant prick will be along in a minute to suggest that suicide is a lifestyle choice.

I'm sorry that some comfortable (or perhaps not comfortable? Maybe that's the problem) old folk are bored and scornful about homelessness.

Anyone who can't see that this latest bit of dog whistling isn't something quite disgusting has probably lost an important part of their own humanity. For whatever reason. I dread to think. Give your head a wobble and please stop mocking the rest of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here