The Returned - Chl 4 Sunday (en français)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
The animals must be from the original flood, did they die again?

I'd assumed that the animals died in the valley before it flooded, and they came back where they'd originally died which is now under water - hence why they'd all drowned.

I'm probably completely wrong...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
hi all - I'm on holiday in Provence, returning tomorrow, so I haven't seen Sunday's episode yet. I'll be watching on 4OD on Wed night, so you can expect the normal posts of bewilderment to resume on Thursday. I haven't yet read any posts on page 5 of the thread as I don't want to spoil my puzzlement.

Do make sure you're around on Thurs, Stat Brother, to pat my head as you patiently explain various plot points :wink: :smile:

Oh - I'm thinking of a day trip to Annecy from here, but suspect that it's too far from Aix to be doable.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I was intrigued by the animals in the lake and the, what seemed like, a very deliberate statement as to the number of them. 36 was it?
Soooo, I was thinking are there 36 people who have/will return and they have taken their "life" from the animals in the lake?

Anyone want to rewatch episode 1 for us? If so, can you check: were there 36 (or 37?) kids/people on board that coach? Even if there were, what does it all mean?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do make sure you're around on Thurs, Stat Brother, to pat my head as you patiently explain various plot points :wink: :smile:

Oh - I'm thinking of a day trip to Annecy from here, but suspect that it's too far from Aix to be doable.
Hey your the one that spotted Mrs Costa.

Don't look at me I'm using the stopped clock analysis on this.
I throw enough around something has to be right once!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I meant to watch this when it started, but forgot. Thanks to my new (free!) wireless connector for my sky box, I got them through 4oD on the sky box, and have watched up to last weeks (I intended to add it to the planner for this past sunday, but forgot, so had to add it on 4seven. Recorded it last night, will check it out soon. I feel like I need to rewatch the first four episodes to really get it.

Flex Your Head

I wonder whether Pierre's accomplice - the one who fired the shot that killed Victor - is Lena and Camille's dad.

36 died on the school bus, 36 dead animals fished out of the reservoir.

I think there are some gorgeous women in the cast - Julie the nurse as Catwoman, her lady cop friend, Lena and Camille's mum, Adele...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No im not having these animal/bus connection, it makes no sense!!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I wonder whether Pierre's accomplice - the one who fired the shot that killed Victor - is Lena and Camille's dad.

Is Victor's dad the one who killed Victor? There was no mention of the dad being killed, only of his mum. Maybe Victor's dad survived and was the coach driver, hence why Victor steered him off the cliff into the abyss, causing all to die and turn into animals that floated in the lake.

Less speculatively (but only a little), why did Mrs Costa say reassuringly to Victor that his parents were good people? Could imply that some might have thought them not to be good people...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Less speculatively (but only a little), why did Mrs Costa say reassuringly to Victor that his parents were good people? Could imply that some might have thought them not to be good people...
Not a chilling as when she said to Catwoman:-

'Victor will come back to you once he's done his jobs' :eek:

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Really spooky ending last night.

Didn't the animals run into the lake and die because they were scared of something in the woods? Could it be all the dead people hanging out round the camp fire?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Really spooky ending last night.

Didn't the animals run into the lake and die because they were scared of something in the woods? Could it be all the dead people hanging out round the camp fire?

I presumed the animals came alive from the flooded valley and then immediately drowned. Or maybe not :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well it's all clear now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take that is a tad sarcastic? Otherwise out with it!

I can't help but feel that there are going to be some evil revenants appearing.
All you've got to do is knob Lucy and you'll know everything too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm all caught up now. I defintiely need to rewatch it, as I haven't always paid enou attention. Wo were the suicide couple at the end?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports