The Returned - Chl 4 Sunday (en français)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What episode are you on in the uk?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I understand that a UK produced version of Les Revenants is in the process of being made. I would be surprised if it was good as the original has been...so far.

Beezer

Feb 27, 2013
That boy Simon,for someone who's died twice,he gets a lot my action than I do on a Sunday night.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Also, why? What is wrong with the current version?
Sully couldn't shoot has me thinking about them all being dead. Have any of the town folk interacted in anyway with the dam workers?

Im still working on the theory. I think sometimes in the past the town was flooded people died and they are the first revenents. Now anyone who goes and lives there and then dies has a chance of becoming one. Thats my theory.

The oldest seem to be the old guys wife or Vincent and we all know whose daddy killed Vincent now don't we (now that really WAS a shock!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just finished 4, will watch 5 and 6 and save 7 for sunday night.
As a rule NSC doesn't really get round to it till Monday pm.

I assume there's a lot of video/ff action, followed by quiet contemplation, before coming on here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there a Vincent? Or do you mean Victor? If you mean Victor, we don't know who killed him, do we? Or maybe we do? So many questions.....
I walked away from that.
If there was a whole character I hadn't noticed, I knew I was done for!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sorry victor :(

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On rematch of episode one, it is easier to keep track of things having watched several episodes and now being able to keep tack of everyone.

-to answer an earlier question, the dam workers spied mr costa through binoculars, so there is that interaction
-the whole everyone being revenantes would work if the revenantes died earlier, I.e. Camille died on a school trip four years before the village flooded, and now the others have joined them, but it doesn't rally work with the title. If everyone is dead, who returned? Plus, the dam workers interacted with mr costa, so they'd have to be dead too
-victor caused the coach to crash, but he died 31 years before that (his episode says he died 35 years ago, camilles showed her dying four years ago) so revenantes have been around a while
-victor was there for that weird hallucination that almost led to Julie stabbing herself thinking she was being attacked by serge or Toni (not sure which is which), there is also the suggestion that victor was involved in the neighbour's death, which itself resembled closely the Lucy (their wounds and body positions were almost identical) but was chalked up to self inflicted wounds, and victor also seemed to be there when Pierre had hallucinations of his partner in crime reappearing - what the hell is up with that, and is victor the key to everything?
-why did mr costa burn all those pictures and kill himself? What did he do that would produce such a guilty reaction? Or was he just viewing his wife coming back as a sign of the end of times?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On rematch of episode one, it is easier to keep track of things having watched several episodes and now being able to keep tack of everyone.

-to answer an earlier question, the dam workers spied mr costa through binoculars, so there is that interaction
-the whole everyone being revenantes would work if the revenantes died earlier, I.e. Camille died on a school trip four years before the village flooded, and now the others have joined them, but it doesn't rally work with the title. If everyone is dead, who returned? Plus, the dam workers interacted with mr costa, so they'd have to be dead too
-victor caused the coach to crash, but he died 31 years before that (his episode says he died 35 years ago, camilles showed her dying four years ago) so revenantes have been around a while
-victor was there for that weird hallucination that almost led to Julie stabbing herself thinking she was being attacked by serge or Toni (not sure which is which), there is also the suggestion that victor was involved in the neighbour's death, which itself resembled closely the Lucy (their wounds and body positions were almost identical) but was chalked up to self inflicted wounds, and victor also seemed to be there when Pierre had hallucinations of his partner in crime reappearing - what the hell is up with that, and is victor the key to everything?
-why did mr costa burn all those pictures and kill himself? What did he do that would produce such a guilty reaction? Or was he just viewing his wife coming back as a sign of the end of times?

Said it before ...

I think Mr Costa is the key, we've been allowed to forget him too easily.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Where is the water going? There aren't enough graves to be filled with water, surely? And the power station flood isn't big enough either.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On rewatching episode two

-Thomas was one of the three policemen who told Adler about simon's death. He seemed so certain Simon was dead. Did he play some part in it?
-adding to the mr costa thing, he is said to have been almost 75 when he died, which would have made him 40 when victor was killed, the guy who did the shooting was clearly older than Pierre.
-the priest mentioned that another parishioner had told him her husband had returned 20 years after dying. Just a hint that there are others, or will that come into play?
-the automatic library door didn't open for Simon, it only opened when another person left the library. Though if that is a thing and not some quirk that I misinterpreted, how did he get out of the library?
-what was victor jumping out the window about? Was he trying to torment Julie? trying to encourage her to do it too so she could be his mummy full time? showing off?

-talking about things from the first episode we may have been encouraged to overlook, will the tribut statue to the kids be relevant? It's ugly, and round.

-just as an interesting side note; water plays a ,a jor part in Japanese spirituality. Seems to be important here, too. Perhaps some cultural referencing?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
OK - just caught up with episodes 5 and 6 and thought I'd come on here to see if in the last three pages some pearls of wisdom had been shared about wtf is going on. Somewhat disappointingly, but also reassuringly, there aren't!

I don't buy the "they're all dead" theory - that would be too simple - along the lines of "...and it was all just a dream....". I do think that Julie may turn out to be a revenant - just because she didn't have the balls to jump out the window doesn't mean she definitely isn't, after all. It would explain Victor's "..you're a fairy..." comment, perhaps?

Simon's second return is deeply scary. They can't be killed! Or perhaps - they can't be killed until a certain time or until they've individually or collectively fulfilled their purpose(s)? It also raises the possibility that more of the revenants have died and returned multiple times. Also, it means that Mr Costa was not a revenant when he jumped - he hasn't come back. Doesn't mean he cant become one for the first time though.

Camille is going to be gutted that her social work hasn't worked and that Frederic still doesn't want to knob her. Evil deeds ahead?

Lena has nice titties.

Ummm - that's all.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I think Stat Bro is on to something with Mr Costa. Remember that opening scene when a butterfly came back to life. At first, I thought it was a figurative bit of the opening titles. But no, the butterfly did come back to life - and strong enough to break through the glass. However, Costa tried to kill by burning his returned wife, so he sure as hell was not in control.

Does anyone know if there is due to be a 'season' two, or will all be revealed this series?

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Lena wasn't attacked by Serge (that we've seen). She passed out in the walkway from the wound in her back and he 'rescued' her.

Wasn't the wound on Lena's back caused by her Father? I thought he and her mother had an argument about it :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wasn't the wound on Lena's back caused by her Father? I thought he and her mother had an argument about it :shrug:
Yeah they had a coming together in the pub, so we've been told, it's never been seen.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I quite fancy Camille's mum for an old un. Lucy is a dirty bitch though, she had two blokes in one episode. Why did she have sex with Camilles dad though ? Don't forget she came to the town for a purpose...... Like she had a job to do. Maybe it was to f.... every bloke in the village. I wouldn't mind her going through the process of 'seeing' my future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports