The Returned - Chl 4 Sunday (en français)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't the wound on Lena's back caused by her Father? I thought he and her mother had an argument about it :shrug:

That is the doctor's explanation. He sees the wound and thinks its a case of an old wound becoming infected, and the only thing she can remember hitting her in that area is her dad. But there is a hint that it might be related to the dead returning.

I quite fancy Camille's mum for an old un. Lucy is a dirty bitch though, she had two blokes in one episode. Why did she have sex with Camilles dad though ? Don't forget she came to the town for a purpose...... Like she had a job to do. Maybe it was to f.... every bloke in the village. I wouldn't mind her going through the process of 'seeing' my future.

She is a clairvoyant who can only communicate with the dead or whatever while she is having sex. Camille's dad was still trying to come to terms with camille's death and was trying to find answers so paid her for her services.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My current idea is that mr costa is the one who shot victor and everyone. Victor returned early and haunted him, maybe somehow exposing him to his wife, so costa killed her. That he is sere's father, that victor has been seeking revenge/balance, that he caused the coach to crash because he thought costa Watson there, that he is guiding Julie because she was a victim of serge. I don't know, I haven't really thought it out and so it's still a bit of a mess.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
She is a clairvoyant who can only communicate with the dead or whatever while she is having sex. Camille's dad was trying to find answers so paid her for her services.

Exactly what I told my wife when she caught me with that big breasted bird from the pub. I needed answers.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just rematches the third episode. There isn't much that seemed to stand out, except Jeremy suggests the family move away so Camille doesn't have to hide, but I remember in a later episode Camille tells her mother he only wants to do that because he wants to get back with her, so it seemed like the move was off. And Simon tries to convince Adler to leave with hm, but she doesn't so he stays.

Is there some sort of cosmic force keeping them all in town?

And the vicar seemed to think mr costa wasn't the sort to believe he would be reunited with his wife in death...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is there some sort of cosmic force keeping them all in town?

This theory is aired on the Guardian Returned blog too. It doesn't really stand up because we saw Camille and her mother in a clothes shop; the mother had specifically told Camille that we'll go shopping somewhere well away from town so no one will see you (but of course, someone did - which is where the Alice story started).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm loving the way a theory pops up.
Everybody sagely scratches their chin.
Then someone else pops up with a debunk.

I'm beginning to wonder what I'm enjoying more the programme or this thread!!.

I guess that's a sign of good telly.

Oh and having just watched Luther, I'm so glad Chl4 aren't running next episode teasers over the end credits.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Also one other thing that I remembered.
In one of the episodes Camille is in the church and hears a watery noise echoing about. But no one else does.

Adele's daughter does too. She then goes to the toilet and when she tries to wash her hands lake water fills the sink from the plug hole (it also fills the toilets in the pub in a later episode)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This theory is aired on the Guardian Returned blog too. It doesn't really stand up because we saw Camille and her mother in a clothes shop; the mother had specifically told Camille that we'll go shopping somewhere well away from town so no one will see you (but of course, someone did - which is where the Alice story started).

But they were only going to the mall for a short trip, not to permanently move away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's a nice little niche for Returned/Sports fans.

Le Tour tomorrow finishes in Annecy.

We'll be able to see if there's any water left behind the dam.

Flex Your Head

I'm so glad Chl4 aren't running next episode teasers over the end credits.
I hate it soooo much when they do that. We are adults and don't need hints and snippets of next week's episode. If your drama is good enough we will be back. Grrrr!

The revenants are all hungry except Simon. None of the revenants wanted die (as far as we know) except for Simon.

Or did he?

Wonderful programme making in all areas.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I hate it soooo much when they do that. We are adults and don't need hints and snippets of next week's episode. If your drama is good enough we will be back. Grrrr!

The revenants are all hungry except Simon. None of the revenants wanted die (as far as we know) except for Simon.

Or did he?

Wonderful programme making in all areas.

Simon was hungry. He smashed a glass over the head of the bar owner who refused to serve him any food as simon didn't have the money, and adele brought him food while he hid out in her loft. Isn't there still some mystery over his death? He might not have wanted to die, per se.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
After he returned for a second time he was offered food by Lucy and refused as he was not hungry. Which seemed odd.

I've not rewatched after episode three yet, so missed that. I think in that case it is more about second deaths than about Simon. I still think victor and mr costa are the keys to everything.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***THERE IS WATER IN A LAKE AT ANNECY***

I do not know if it's THE lake, but there is water in a lake.

I hope that helps.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Lake Annecy is a natural lake and i've used Google maps to look all around it and have not been able to spot a dam. My guess is that the lake in the programme probably being a reservoir is elsewhere.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
That looks a good call as the town of Tignes was flooded by the lake.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I've found the last two episodes online, with subtitles, if anybody is interested, only watched episode 7 so far and it is good, pm if you want a link.

I found them when i was trying to find the first 2 (why cant 4od just remove them after the series is finished FFS)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports