Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Returned - Chl 4 Sunday (en français)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ive found 7 and 8 but am stopping myself from watching them. Watched 6 this morning and now I have a new theory. Those nettles Serge used. When the dam leaked it flooded a field of those thistles and so the water has now immortalising qualities.... explains the waterlogged coffin.

Lucy's role is key I reckon and are those all returned round the bonfire? Reckon they are. Apres Lucy la deluge?
Going to watch 7 live online tonight so can take part is the chat tomorrow. CU then

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ive found 7 and 8 but am stopping myself from watching them. Watched 6 this morning and now I have a new theory. Those nettles Serge used. When the dam leaked it flooded a field of those thistles and so the water has now immortalising qualities.... explains the waterlogged coffin.

Lucy's role is key I reckon and are those all returned round the bonfire? Reckon they are. Apres Lucy la deluge?
Going to watch 7 live online tonight so can take part is the chat tomorrow. CU then
I thought it was interesting that the nettles 'cured the rash'.

I think that's my theory 274, back a couple of pages.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've found the last two episodes online, with subtitles, if anybody is interested, only watched episode 7 so far and it is good, pm if you want a link.

I found them when i was trying to find the first 2 (why cant 4od just remove them after the series is finished FFS)
Obviously it goes without saying, after 6 weeks of ideas, conjecture, theories, and down right crazy talk, the one thing this thread doesn't need is spoilers.

Please please don't ruin this thread before 10pm this Sunday, and next.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Obviously it goes without saying, after 6 weeks of ideas, conjecture, theories, and down right crazy talk, the one thing this thread doesn't need is spoilers.

Please please don't ruin this thread before 10pm this Sunday, and next.

Don't worry, i think I am going to watch the 8th episode live on 4 next week.

I also get the feeling that questions will not be answered in the final episode, but instead in the next series, hopefully channel 4 get it on the telly as soon as it come out in France.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Morning all!

Watched ep7 with you all last night and this is what I think:

Lucy Clarson is DEAD. She's a returned, possibly the very first. It will explain her power when she has an orgasm (sort of zombie 4400 going on here?), and her recovery. Remember we know nothing about where she came from, she could have got on the bus near the dam. Anyway, Im still with the whole nettles and water thing but as the returned are all beginning to rot (ok ok Lena got it but I reckon thats part of the whole displacement thing shes got going on with Camille, remember Camilles response to when Lena was getting it on with Frederic?) the nettles can salve but not cure the rotting ( Lena)... is this why Serge wanted to go in the lake? So Lucy IS the key and as the first is she the leader... or what? Maybe Serge knew who she was and tried to get rid of her...

OR

Is she some type of undead returned hunter? Remember Serge being pulled under the water.... are the undead under the water and not happy about those whove got out. Remember Lucy tells Simon she knows how to deal with everything? And that last scene. Is that her army or the Returned who dont want her to take them back? Anyway thats a bit of a left field idea but sure Lucy is undead and probably the first.

And..... Mr Costa is the man who killed Victor. Body size etc all fit. Remember Mrs Costs remembers Victor and his death. Soon after she dies (but she is mysterious about her death)... when she comes back Costa kills himself. I reckon she found out about his shady life, he killed her and when she came back he tried to kill her and him to hide his past.

I'm warming to Mrs Costa :)

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I'll be honest with you, since we learned there's going to be a second series I've given up trying to make sense of it all. It's not going to be resolved next week.
I'm just enjoying it for what it is, an hour of strangeness on a Sunday evening.
That scene at the end though, when they got to the dam for the 3rd time, was brilliant. No special effects but chilling nonetheless.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Must not read thread!!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Surely far too many unresolved questions (with still more new ones arising last night) to mean that the last episode will neatly tie things up. At the moment I'll settle for just some being resolved - enough for me not to totally switch off a la Lost. Perhaps they can answer some of the following:

- Is the mystery all to do with 1960's popular songs? The long and winding road perhaps, or bridge over troubled water? OR
- perhaps it's a topical commentary on gender roles in society? See - it's not only men who won't ask for directions; although it must be especially galling if you've forgotten your way out of your own home town.

- Why is Lena the only known non-returnee (I think) who had the necrotic scarring?
- Just how long can Serge hold his breath?
- Lucy - wtf?
- Mrs Oscar - wtf?
- Just generally - wtf?

Hope that helps.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've enjoyed this thread as it's helped me make sense of the show (I didn't start watching until the third episode so I've got so I had some catching up to do.)

Anyway, I think the most significant thing was when the two girls and Victor kept driving round and kept ending up on the dam. Also that fat bloke tried to swim across the lake and unless he turned round and came back when he got to the other side he found his clothes waiting for him.

In other words you can't leave. Are they all dead and in Purgatory?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am going to continue my rewatch before catching up on last night's episode, so have skipped over any new posts since last night.

Ep 3

-The people at the power plant have orders not to tell the authorities about the odd water that is showing up there.
-Twins aren't really that linked are they? Is there something special about lena and camille? Also, aren't twins meant to be named aliiteratively?
-It's the policeman that claims simon committed suicide, can we trust him with that? What about Julie's neighbour and almost julie with what appear to be victor induced hallucinations - he was there to cause the coach crash?
-Did pierre know Victor was the boy in the closet when he said those things? He had a dark look on his face but that could have been a 'scared realisation' thing or a sinister 'this is who I am' thing.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
- Why is Lena the only known non-returnee (I think) who had the necrotic scarring?

It's that whole displacement thing innit. Camille got all the passion on the bus (thus resposnible for the accident) when Lena was having her end away so Lena got all the rotting from Camille. It a twins thing 'but

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I am going to continue my rewatch before catching up on last night's episode, so have skipped over any new posts since last night.

Ep 3

-The people at the power plant have orders not to tell the authorities about the odd water that is showing up there.
-Twins aren't really that linked are they? Is there something special about lena and camille? Also, aren't twins meant to be named aliiteratively?
-It's the policeman that claims simon committed suicide, can we trust him with that? What about Julie's neighbour and almost julie with what appear to be victor induced hallucinations - he was there to cause the coach crash?
-Did pierre know Victor was the boy in the closet when he said those things? He had a dark look on his face but that could have been a 'scared realisation' thing or a sinister 'this is who I am' thing.

Catch up mate! Then you can answer your own questions ;)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ep 5 (last one should have been ep 4, not 3)

-Why did julie's catwoman costume not have a whip? Wouldn't have helped he stave off an attack, but would have rounded out the ensemble nicely.
-I want to buy a mobile phone so I can axe it to smithereens.
-mrs costa seemed aware of victors thoughts of pierre. like she knows he was involved in victor's death
-Adele told mateo there wouldn't be goats under the lake. She lied! To a child!!
-underwater physics is not my forte, shouldn't the animals either sink or float, not hover mid depth?
-Is mrs costa's death related to victor's? He died just before her, she knew his parents

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Another episode where I didn't make note of much on re-watching, so it was probably more important than I realised...

Ep 6

-That little girl doesn't know how to play truth or dare. You don't get to pick for other people. Her mother might have picked dare.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why StatB? We're just throwing theories around.
I hadn't watched last nights until now, but this thread was at the top staring Victor-like at me!!

I'm going to get some 'I heart Victor' t-shirts made :lol:

Anyhoo

- Nobody can leave.
Chapeau to the NSC'er who had that (It certainly wasn't me).
I'm liking that as an explanation for Serge's dunking.

- Pierre
He and his apocalyptic arsenal seems to have got away with it, with you lot.
He's well up on what's going on.
I was wary of the high ground stuff, but again NSC seems to be getting it together, what with the whole valley flooded in his 'dream'.

- Victor
The kid is a legend.

- Simon
His first death is important, I'm still blaming the copper, although the Vicar looked like he could have done without the resurrection.

- Underpass
Why use the underpass, when there's never any traffic/people about.
The village was rocking early on, now nobody is about, but people can't leave.
Unless we are only left with the dead, who are all in some way connected.

I'm still holding out hope many/all the questions can be answered next week.
Once we've got round who and why they've returned there's not much else.
I think there's one reason, probably Victor's death, and the gaps can be filled by one more event...

...Where's Mr Costa - Man and boy in the village.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here