Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Returned - Chl 4 Sunday (en français)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh come on, give Goldstone a chance. :lolol: :kiss:

*Slinks off into a corner to feel sorry for himself*.

I did notice her on the bed in the hostel when Victor was taken there however. Woo hoo.

I do agree: she's had almost no part at all - apart from looking somewhat enigmatic in every episode. A cameo by the Producer's wife. perhaps? :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
*Slinks off into a corner to feel sorry for himself*.

I did notice her on the bed in the hostel when Victor was taken there however. Woo hoo.

I do agree: she's had almost no part at all - apart from looking somewhat enigmatic in every episode. A cameo by the Producer's wife. perhaps? :wink:
But what you've proven is the FACT they are all amassing behind Pierre.
I'd say that's a pretty decent sized piece put together.

Deffo not a cameo.
Her husband is pretty key which is why we've been allowed to forget him.
As he was a villager man and boy maybe his return bookends the series?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
But what you've proven is the FACT they are all amassing behind Pierre.
I'd say that's a pretty decent sized piece put together.

Deffo not a cameo.
Her husband is pretty key which is why we've been allowed to forget him.
As he was a villager man and boy maybe his return bookends the series?

Yeah, the cameo comment was very tongue in cheek! Ooooh: "...his return...."; nice thinking.

I can't help thinking that there is some common link between the returnees. i.e. why is it these specific people who are coming back? I haven't progressed beyond revenge as some sort of motive - that obviously works for some characters, but not obviously for others. Any suggestions anyone?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Two more questions:

1. Do we know how Mrs Costa died?
2. Who are we familiar with that is old enough to have been Pierre's gun-loving fellow criminal - ie age has to be 35 years + whatever age they were at the date of the crime, so at least 55?

Re the second question, I can only think of Jerome and Mr Costa, but obviously it could have been anyone - eg Simon's dad and Simon was murdered in a revenge killing. Alternatively, it could have been Jerome, and Victor re-appeared to steer the coach off the cliff to get revenge on Jerome by killing his daughter [insert your own random but conceivably possible theory here]. I thought that Victor's real mum looked a lot like the woman in the flat he was living with (forgotten her name). However, she's too young to be his real sister, unless the mum survived. Did anyone call him Victor in the flashback (ie is it his real name)? If so, that would be interesting that the woman in the flat came up with the name Victor for him when it had actually been his real name.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Head

beginning

to

hurt.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
So he was there when Victor was shot but not in the period between Camille's birth and death?

Police know him well - to the point of giving him insider information and trying to keep him on their side. I think Pierre is a revenant, but I have nothing to back that up - I'm a typical armchair theorist....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
' The Returned was filmed in the lakeside town of Annecy in the French Alps (coincidentally, the spot where, after the film crew had moved on, the British Iraqi and his family were mysteriously gunned down last year). '

Spooky. I bet that Victor was involved.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Really want to try this out but cant find a good torrent anywhere. Anyone know?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
They were all on the channel 4 website last time I looked.

No good if you live abroad. Just watched first episode on live streaming....hmmmm

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can I just say.....ER? What?
FFS Plooks I thought you had a bit more than ....what?

There's no way I'm doing the Monday debrief alone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haha! It was just my initial response.
I was intrigued by the animals in the lake and the, what seemed like, a very deliberate statement as to the number of them. 36 was it?
Soooo, I was thinking are there 36 people who have/will return and they have taken their "life" from the animals in the lake?
Blimey I liked it better when you had nothing!! :lol:

First off, remind me who the woman in hospital is. Serge the Shovels reanimated cannibal brother's recent killing whom we didn't know, isn't it?
While on the subject why keep going through the underpass, late at night when there's no traffic?

Anyhoo.
Mrs Costa clearly knows her stuff, and seems to be helping Victor.
Pierre isn't doing a good job of protecting his 'army' on higher ground.
Simon's death is still suspicious, did David Blaine kill him first time round, too?
The animals must be from the original flood, did they die again?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The woman is the one Lena and Camille's dad was "seeing" who worked at the pub right? Who is clearly dead and now returned.
Ah yes, thanks.
I guess she wasn't dead in the buried sense of the word, and on life support from which she's come back.
Oh, which reminds me is the lesbian doctor lady dead? Which begs the question how many of the residents are dead but don't know yet?
No I don't see that.
The ruined church and graveyard must play a part in this.

Indeed, Pierre, seems to not be in control as much as we thought. I see what you mean with the animals, but why a specific number?

One other question now I remember, I thought there was an underpass serial killer yet and it was Serge's brother, but we saw him get buried after just one attack!? So, who does the others!?

Are you sure?
Nurse dressed as catwoman was the last, who was still alive at the hospital entrance.
I'm sure they spoke about him killing when he reappeared.
Oh and she still has the physical scars, unlike The Returned.
It's not like Victor has half his head missing, although he wouldn't look any less freaky.

I think David Blaine thought Simon was the killer, perhaps he killed Simon in mistaken identity (or should I leave that alone)

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
By David Blaine, I take it you mean the copper.

I'm sure he only made Simon the suspect as he instantly knew who he was and wanted him out of the picture as a threat to Adele. Him doing life would see to that. He's definitely a wrong 'un.

I thought last nights episode was underwhelming and didn't really give us anything new. That said, I'm going to have to watch it again as I failed to notice reference to the number of dead animals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I like that idea. But is Simon not too young?
I don't know :lol: I'm falling down on the time frame.

I need a death timeline telling me who died when, and what they were doing at the time, and when they came back.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It does look increasingly like the barmaid is/was dead and one of the Returned, as her scars are all but completely healing. Looks like her 'return' was essentially instantaneous which I'm struggling to understand. Maybe there's some sort of 'window of opportunity' to come back and now is it.

I read today that they're filming a second series. I really hope the two will be mostly unrelated and we don't have another 'Lost' on our hands. One would hope the French are too savvy for that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I feel like we are all going to end up with timelines all stuck up on wall in our houses, staring at them in the dark at night. But then you look up and Victor is just stood there at the window!!!
at the first floor!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here