Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REMF team - selection etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not do an auction on here first so you have a minimum then offer them up on the night? Say at least £20 above the bid on here in order to sell to a punter on the night? Just a thought?

Im working on it Jim. I think I am going to do it as an on line raffle as opposed to an auction (i think it will keep more people interested that way) , just waiting to confirm a couple of other prizes, which will generate even more interest

A good idea. Harder to organise but you'll probably raise a lot more that way. As ever, top work.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hang on. I have had a thought.

If it is ALL about the charity and not individuals then why are people moaning about who plays and who dosn't? If it is all about supporting the good cause I would expect them to do that REGARDLESS of who plays...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
raffle prizes so far

- Wardy's REMF shirt signed (donated by REMF Squad 2010)

- Marlowes REMF shirt Signed (donated by REMF Squad 2010)

- Matchday shirt signed by Robbie Savage (donated by Ian Green @ Club Shop)

- Matchday shirt signed by Elliott Bennett (donated by Ian Green @ Club Shop)

- Matchday shirt signed by Gavin Hotye (donated by Ian Green @ Club Shop)

- 1 x adult ticket for Brighton vs Yeovil on Saturday 8th March (donated by Mendoza)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

If it is ALL about the charity and not individuals then why are people moaning about who plays and who dosn't? If it is all about supporting the good cause I would expect them to do that REGARDLESS of who plays...

That's nice Ritchie. Now start at the very first post in this thread and re-read each and every post, paying close attention to the key phrases "closed shop", "maximising charity income" and the word "inclusive". Trust me, all will become clear.

:wozza:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Christ~on~a~bike.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Are you mental?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Richie fails to grasp topic shocker...........

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The real worry is Richie that you started that post with 'I've had a thought'. That means you actually thought about this (put brain power into it and didn't spout the first non sensical retort that came into your head).

And you still came up with that non sensical retort!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Maybe you lot have forgotten the night Richie had the nuts to stand on the stage in front of 100 people and do his stand up routine for Brett's footy aid which raised £ 500 for the REMF. Maybe, just maybe you have all forgotten that.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Maybe you lot have forgotten the night Richie had the nuts to stand on the stage in front of 100 people and do his stand up routine for Brett's footy aid which raised £ 500 for the REMF. Maybe, just maybe you have all forgotten that.

Surely not the point of most peoples grievances no? Im with Simster et al. This seems a closed shop and not about making as much dollar for REMF as poss. Again US, not a pop at yourself as you obviously put alot of hard and appreciated work into REMF.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well personally I think we have done fantastically well over the 9 years and raised a huge amount of money and a record year ( apart from 2001 ) last year during the worst recession in history. To now be accused of not raising as much as we could is hard to take. That why I re posted the list of achievements. Now people are saying basically the squad and me by implication don't give a toss about how much money is raised and its all a jolly for a group of mates.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

What has that got to do with Richie's somewhat bizarre comment above?

Now people are saying basically the squad and me by implication don't give a toss about how much money is raised and its all a jolly for a group of mates.

Are they? That's not what I'm saying, neither is it my read on what others are saying. It is very clear from yourself, Richie and Andy's comments on this thread that the primary aim of the football match is NOT to raise as much money as possible. I think some are surprised at that, but now this has now been aired very clearly, no-one is in any doubt and things can move on.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Are they? That's not what I'm saying, neither is it my read on what others are saying. It is very clear from yourself, Richie and Andy's comments on this thread that the primary aim of the football match is NOT to raise as much money as possible. I think some are surprised at that, but now this has now been aired very clearly, no-one is in any doubt and things can move on.

I have NEVER said the primary objective is not to raise money and have reiterated my view numerous times on this thread. I have just offered support for people who have worked damn hard for the REMF for a long time. HOW MANY MORE TIMES to I have to say the players sponsorship IS NOT the only way we raise funds on the night it is important but not the only thing. I am very sad at this thread and very sad that the list of things we have achieved seem to be meaningless.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Do you honestly think everyone involved does not have the primary objective of raising money. A serious point.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whilst people are sniping at Richie he is out there arranging the programme, publicising the event and offering to hand out flyers as well as raising money for the fund.

Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here