Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The referee's a wanker!

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
Some of the opinions on this thread are so ridiculously one-sided I'm wondering if this is a spoof website? Some of you clearly don't know the laws of the game and how referees are instructed to interpret them now : for instance, a tackle from behind where the defender makes contact with the attacker MUST be penalized as a foul whether the defender plays the ball before, after or not at all. Hence the reason Bridcutt was penalized before our goal.

The officials were poor and got decisions wrong in favour of both teams, but the two wrong decisions that really affected the result both went in your favour, and yet you still feel hard done by?!? Stop it, you're embarrassing your club - it just gives rise to the suspicion that many of you really are 'plastic' fans.

I was surprised at how cynical you were - quite niggly and sly - the obvious tactic of kicking Will Hughes out of the game was typically Uruguayan, I didn't realise Poyet was that kind of manager.

Clough's response yesterday was very unusual - he is rarely critical of opponents - so something must have really annoyed him. The suggestion that he had the officials in his pocket is laughable. All managers are in the ear of the 4th official when decisions are going against them, wise up.

I'm not going to argue that over the balance of 90 minutes you didn't deserve to win, but the ref gave you a big hand and you really should be a bit more gracious and acknowledge that.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Some of the opinions on this thread are so ridiculously one-sided I'm wondering if this is a spoof website? Some of you clearly don't know the laws of the game and how referees are instructed to interpret them now : for instance, a tackle from behind where the defender makes contact with the attacker MUST be penalized as a foul whether the defender plays the ball before, after or not at all. Hence the reason Bridcutt was penalized before our goal.

The officials were poor and got decisions wrong in favour of both teams, but the two wrong decisions that really affected the result both went in your favour, and yet you still feel hard done by?!? Stop it, you're embarrassing your club - it just gives rise to the suspicion that many of you really are 'plastic' fans.

I was surprised at how cynical you were - quite niggly and sly - the obvious tactic of kicking Will Hughes out of the game was typically Uruguayan, I didn't realise Poyet was that kind of manager.

Clough's response yesterday was very unusual - he is rarely critical of opponents - so something must have really annoyed him. The suggestion that he had the officials in his pocket is laughable. All managers are in the ear of the 4th official when decisions are going against them, wise up.

I'm not going to argue that over the balance of 90 minutes you didn't deserve to win, but the ref gave you a big hand and you really should be a bit more gracious and acknowledge that.

Can i borrow your rose tinted specs. The ref gave you more decisions, look at the stats. You had 2 shots on target, scored one from a dubious free kick. The lino was from Derbyshire, you know the linesman that kept giving dodgy decisions.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
I thought Mr. W's most hapless moment came when he booked Orlandi. Orlandi is very much a gentle giant and not a dirty player by any stretch of the imagination. Although it was a foul it was a pretty soft one and Orlandi's first of the game to my recollection. The lino waved as if he had seen a street mugging and Mr. W sprints over and sticks a card in the air. The ref had no understanding of the flow of the game. I suspect his weak reputation went before given the amount of time the Derby players spent bending his ear. The 4th official finds the need for 4 extra minutes after 45 minutes of open play and then Mr. W finds 2 more from the extra 4. I thought he was playing to the "play to the visitors score" rule. Very poor after the class ref we had for the Toon game.

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
Which two would they be, in your opinion?

Both of your goals. Barnes was offside when the ball was passed to him for the first and Orlandi should have been penalised for dangerous play (foot up on Keogh out on the left touchline) in the lead up to your second. Another set of officials on another day might have spotted them both.

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
Can i borrow your rose tinted specs. The ref gave you more decisions, look at the stats. You had 2 shots on target, scored one from a dubious free kick. The lino was from Derbyshire, you know the linesman that kept giving dodgy decisions.

Look at the stats yourself if they're so important to you : 41% v 59% possession, 12 fouls each, 5.shots on target v 2.

Hardly a procession was it?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Both of your goals. Barnes was offside when the ball was passed to him for the first and Orlandi should have been penalised for dangerous play (foot up on Keogh out on the left touchline) in the lead up to your second. Another set of officials on another day might have spotted them both.

you will see from my previous posts that for me bridcutt challenge was a clear foul. The ref got many decisions wrong and it was one of the worst refereeing performances I have seen in this decision. The decision not to send your bloke off for the pull back on lua lua was laughable not even to give a free kick. He was a moron.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

And the drag back of lua lua and so. On your other post you mention you kid playing. He kept falling over if a Brighton player got within 10 feet of him. I think you're wrong and you are wrong. Goodbye

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Look at the stats yourself if they're so important to you : 41% v 59% possession, 12 fouls each, 5.shots on target v 2.

the 41% possession vs 59% is laughable - we should have been out of sight before your goal - a string of missed chances in the second half - calderon free header, orlandi missing from a yard and greer shot from 12 yard - the only good think was we didn't concede in the 6th minute of injury time when the ref had signalled only 4.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Was a proper "game of 2 halves"

Thought Greer was lucky not to get a yellow for his rugby tackle on Sammon in the first half yet he booked a Derby player for an almost identical incident in the second.

Some of the decisions were laughable but I think the officials were equally shit for both teams and showed no consistency whatsoever :)

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
you will see from my previous posts that for me bridcutt challenge was a clear foul. The ref got many decisions wrong and it was one of the worst refereeing performances I have seen in this decision. The decision not to send your bloke off for the pull back on lua lua was laughable not even to give a free kick. He was a moron.

Difficult to comment on the pull back cos the view from the SE end wasn't great - but it didn't affect the result did it? That's my point really.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Don't fret, I'll leave you alone with your bitter delusions VERY soon

I'm not fretting me duck, just i can not see the point of you coming onto another teams forum and trying to justify what is plainly what you saw through your teams eyes.
Firstly Barnes was not offside as seen on tv highlights, secondly Clough was a poor loser even though he spent most of the game barking in the 4th officials ear. Thirdly you did pressurise Brighton in the last 20mins, but only had 2 shots on target.
Hopefully you dropped the lino off near his house in Derbyshire, on your way home.
You will proberly get more backing on your own forum as they will most likely see things the same way as you.

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
I'm not fretting me duck, just i can not see the point of you coming onto another teams forum and trying to justify what is plainly what you saw through your teams eyes.
Firstly Barnes was not offside as seen on tv highlights, secondly Clough was a poor loser even though he spent most of the game barking in the 4th officials ear. Thirdly you did pressurise Brighton in the last 20mins, but only had 2 shots on target.
Hopefully you dropped the lino off near his house in Derbyshire, on your way home.
You will proberly get more backing on your own forum as they will most likely see things the same way as you.

I'm not looking for backing, just putting another viewpoint. If you're not interested in opposing views, don't read them or react to them. Mine are at least a bit more reasoned than the "ner, ner, ne ner, ner" type of post that we get from your fans on our forums.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm not looking for backing, just putting another viewpoint. If you're not interested in opposing views, don't read them or react to them. Mine are at least a bit more reasoned than the "ner, ner, ne ner, ner" type of post that we get from your fans on our forums.

Fair enough. I don't go on other teams forums, i find it a bit sad myself. I was tempted to go on the Newcastle forum last week, but only in peace, just to say what a good set of fans they are. Last season and this season at the Amex, their supporters have supported, had the banter and were good humored.
I do read and react to views as this is the forum of the club that i watch.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He was a wanker but several of their players and Clough were in his ear all game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here